Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Greatest Rapper Of All Time

Go down 
+3
T. Myers
Shaun
Laced With Slang
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Empty
PostSubject: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:19 pm

Yes I am thinking about doing a single elimination one vs one only the strong survive thread. And I want to see who makes it to the top. I would also like a partner to help step these match up's up.

These are the 64 rappers that I think any objective person would put in a GOAT position:

1. Rakim
2. Dre 3000
3. Kool G Rap
4. Scarface
5. Jay-Z
6. Pac
7. Cube
8. Chuck D
9. LL Cool J
10.Eminem
11.Common
12.Biggie
13.Redman
14.KRS-One
15.Big Daddy Kane
16.Snoop Dogg
17.Slick Rick
18.Gza
19.Ghostface
20.DMX
21.Black Thought
22.Big Pun
23.Guru
24.Ras Kass
25.K-Rino
26.Treach
27.DJ Quik
28.Canibus
29.Pharoahe Monch
30.Talib Kweli
31.Bun B
32.Lil Wayne ?
33.Raekwon
34.Nas
35.Jeru Da Damaja
36.Prodigy
37.Sticky Finaz
38.Del Tha Funkee
39.Cee Lo
40.MF Doom
41.Masta Ace
42.Kurupt
43.Killah Priest
44.Busta Rhymes
45.Ice-T
46.E-40
47.Mac Dre
48.Spice 1
49.Method Man
50.Jadakiss
51. Mega
52. Puba
53. Kool Keith
54. AZ
55. Q-Tip
56. Bizzy
57. Big Boi ?
58. Big L
59. Mos Def
60. Luda
61. T.I.
62. Heavy D
63. Tech N9ne
64. Too Short

Here's the 64?

Objectively who am I missing? Who needs to be taken off? And whose going to help? No politics, no sales. This is about talent with that mic device and the music. Words, delivery, flow, discog, or whatever you want to use for your measuring stick. Just overall talent vs talent.

Last edited by KRob86 on Sat 11 Sep 2010, 10:32 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:21 pm

To begin, Nas is missing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:23 pm

Oh shit I thought I put Nas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:25 pm

KRob86 wrote:

I'm sure you can make a spot for him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:29 pm

Wayne wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I guess...lol. I took Heavy D off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:33 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Wayne wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I guess...lol. I took Heavy D off.

Either way KRob, this is a great idea for a thread.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:35 pm

i think Mos Def should be on there, i think Raekwon should be on there, Tech N9ne, Bizzy Bone, Krayzie Bone, Sean Price, Inspectah Deck, Killah Priest, Mac Mall, AZ, Cormega, Jadakiss, KOOL MOTHERFUCKING KEITH should have been a shoe in, Q-Tip, Ludacris, Grand Puba, Sadat X, Lil Fame or Billy Danze, Royca Da 5 9, O.C., AG, Lord Finesse (another shoe in), Big L, Tame One, Xzibit, MF DOOM, Aceyalone, Wise Intelligent, Brotha Lynch Hung, King Tee, Ice-T, Just Ice, B-REAL, Yukmouth, Paris, Kam, Andre Nickatina, MC Ren, TI, Juicy J, Z-Ro, Big Boi, Cee Lo, Vakill, Esham, Brother Ali, Twista, MC Breed, Jeru the Damaja

^^^might as well do 100, all of those have credentials and would win a matchup or so

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:37 pm

100 sounds good to me also.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:39 pm

64. That is the number we should use.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:41 pm

Doom, Rae, Kool Keith, Lord Finesse, Big L, B-Real, Big Boi, AZ, Tech n9ne, Bizzy, Krayzie....these are obvious plus the others i mentioned
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:41 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
i think Mos Def should be on there, i think Raekwon should be on there, Tech N9ne, Bizzy Bone, Krayzie Bone, Sean Price, Inspectah Deck, Killah Priest, Mac Mall, AZ, Cormega, Jadakiss, KOOL MOTHERFUCKING KEITH should have been a shoe in, Q-Tip, Ludacris, Grand Puba, Sadat X, Lil Fame or Billy Danze, Royca Da 5 9, O.C., AG, Lord Finesse (another shoe in), Big L, Tame One, Xzibit, MF DOOM, Aceyalone, Wise Intelligent, Brotha Lynch Hung, King Tee, Ice-T, Just Ice, B-REAL, Yukmouth, Paris, Kam, Andre Nickatina, MC Ren, TI, Juicy J, Z-Ro, Big Boi, Cee Lo, Vakill, Esham, Brother Ali, Twista, MC Breed, Jeru the Damaja

^^^might as well do 100, all of those have credentials and would win a matchup or so

I feel you slang and you mention some contenders. But I did ask for you to be objective. Out of that entire list only Q-Tip, KP, Mos Def, and Cee Lo are truly contenders. The rest have never truly been considewred GOATS. I did not want to turn this into the name every fucking rapper contest. Only the heavyweights. And I already mentioned Ice T and Jeru.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:46 pm

And I guess if I mentioned Lil Wayne then I can see Luda, TI, and 50 Cent.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:46 pm

AZ, Cormega, Kool Keith, Q-Tip, Big L (if Pun is included...), Finesse, Xzibit, Doom, Heavy D, Big Boi, Cee-Lo, Krayzie, Bizzy, and Kool Moe Dee could be the 14 added to make it 64.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:48 pm

Kool Keith is a legend and GOAT!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:48 pm

Shaun wrote:
AZ, Cormega, Kool Keith, Q-Tip, Big L (if Pun is included...), Finesse, Xzibit, Doom, Heavy D, Big Boi, Cee-Lo, Krayzie, Bizzy, and Kool Moe Dee could be the 14 added to make it 64.

Bizzy and Krayzie? I mean really? Esecially Krayzie.

Fuck it, top 100 but I need help with these match up's and maybe create some sort of bracket.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:49 pm

A top 100 would not work for a bracket
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:51 pm

Why not Bizzy and Krayzie? Bone Thugs have sold almost 40 million worldwide, and you have DMX, Pun, Ras Kass and Jeru up there who have not accomplished anywhere near what those two have.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:54 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

I feel you slang and you mention some contenders. But I did ask for you to be objective. Out of that entire list only Q-Tip, KP, Mos Def, and Cee Lo are truly contenders. The rest have never truly been considewred GOATS. I did not want to turn this into the name every fucking rapper contest. Only the heavyweights. And I already mentioned Ice T and Jeru.

cmon how can you say KP qualifies but B-Real doesnt?? Raekwon doesnt?? yet you listed K-Rino who like 100 people have HEARD OF??? not saying he shouldnt be there b/c he should but your being really biased here too, Rae has gona platinum, Rino has gone Aluminum, B-Real, King Tee, DOOm have all outsold some of the people on your list and have garnered far more attention than guys like KP and Rino

also Kool Keith is a legend and has one of the best discogs of all time, and where is Finesse?? at one pt Finesse was considered to be near Rakim's level
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:56 pm

and i agree Krayzie and Bizzy need to be here, and where Tech N9ne??? dude has shattered records for most independent records sold
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:58 pm

dang if we are gonna do this i have to unignore kev.

u keep my name out yo mouth and ill do likewise, deal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:00 pm

So here's the other 50?

51. Mega
52. Bro Ali
53. Kool Keith
54. AZ
55. Q-Tip
56. Bizzy
57. Krayzie
58. Cee Lo
59. Big Boi
60. Xzibit
61. Big L
62. Queen Latifah
63. MF Doom
64. Mos Def
65. Luda
66. T.I.
67. Killah Priest
68. Rebel Ins
69. Heavy D
70. C-Bo
71. Phonte
72. Pos
73. Puba
74. Kool Moe Dee
75. Finesse
76. OC
77. Royce
78. B-Real
79. Z-Ro
80. The Game
81. Keith Murray
82. Mc Serch
83. 50 Cent
84. King Tee
85. Ren
86. Bro Lynch
87. Twista
88. Yukmouth
89. Paris
90. Trugoy
91. Posdnuos
92. Esham
93. Wise Intellingent
94. Aceyalone
95. Buckshot
96. R.A. Rugged Man
97. Mc Eiht
98. Devin The Dude
99. Jadakiss
100.Mystikal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:02 pm

Well, if this is a greatest rapper thread this should be based on pure skill not accomplishments or accolades. If someone is a pure spitter that is raw they should be recognized. I have to agree someone like raekwon has no business in the convo... ghostface - yes - gza - yes - rae? no. ODB would get more consideration.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:02 pm

Phonte, Keith Murray, The Game, Bro Ali?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:03 pm

If we are going to do 100, just use our top 100 list. Make additions for groups based off that I think would be best IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:03 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

cmon how can you say KP qualifies but B-Real doesnt?? Raekwon doesnt?? yet you listed K-Rino who like 100 people have HEARD OF??? not saying he shouldnt be there b/c he should but your being really biased here too, Rae has gona platinum, Rino has gone Aluminum, B-Real, King Tee, DOOm have all outsold some of the people on your list and have garnered far more attention than guys like KP and Rino

also Kool Keith is a legend and has one of the best discogs of all time, and where is Finesse?? at one pt Finesse was considered to be near Rakim's level

LOL...sales do not come into play on this. And I have never seen half these dudes on anybody's top 10 GOAT list. I know there are plenty of dope rappers but come man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:04 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
If we are going to do 100, just use our top 100 list. Make additions for groups based off that I think would be best IMO.

That sounds like a good idea
match ups need to be random though... seeding would make it worthless IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:05 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Phonte, Keith Murray, The Game, Bro Ali?

Well I figured since SLang was bringing up every rapper that ever rapped why not?...lol. I think Bro Ali, Photne and Game truly belongs though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:06 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Steve Knight wrote:

That sounds like a good idea
match ups need to be random though... seeding would make it worthless IMO

Thats what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:09 pm

You either need to add or subtract a few nominees. A bracket with 100 will not work.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:10 pm

how the hell is Raekwon not going to be included, he is one of the most skilled MCs in terms of wordplay AND storytelling, and IS (and this is actually a fact) one of the only MCs to effortlessly go from first to third person narrative on the same track....yall are some straight haters

Raekwon DESTROYS Killah Priest, Phonte, Keith Murray, Posdonus, ODB, The Game and many many more you guys are throwing around

There's a reason dude is featured on everyones tracks

right now, in 2010, Raekwon is a better storyteller than Ghostface, period.

this is some straight ludicrous shit lol

how the hell are you going to say the "all i do is name drop and talk about being a blood" Game is better than Raekwon???? the fuck????

Game will tel you himself he's not fucking with Rae
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:12 pm

Kp>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>€€€ Rae u biased golden spoon
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:14 pm

lmao @ Raekwon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:18 pm

I don't usually agree with KJ, but damn Slang, that sounds like some real stan fanboy shit right there.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:21 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I don't usually agree with KJ, but damn Slang, that sounds like some real stan fanboy shit right there.

nothing i said about Rae's ability wasnt fact, he DOES have great wordplay, and his use of 1st and 3rd person together IS something he does, and he IS one of the only ones that does that

the other stuff i said about him being better than those other guys is my opinion, but IMO its not even close, any "objective list" usually rates Raekwon anywhere from 30-50 and for him to not be here is absolutely ridiculous to me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:26 pm

T. Myers wrote:
You either need to add or subtract a few nominees. A bracket with 100 will not work.

Why a top 100 won't work? And subtracting people will not be a problem. But what should be the cut off?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:27 pm

100 to 50 to 25

that's why
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:29 pm

I don't consider Rae top 5 in the wu tang - so he is not top 50 - maybe top 100.. but nah.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:30 pm

How about just do 2?

Kool Keith and Soulja Boy
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:31 pm

ive almost never not seen Rae on an published top 50 list...just saying, even so, top 100 would be a shoe-in
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:35 pm

So take it back to top 50?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:37 pm

SIXTY FOUR, 64, 32+32, LXIV

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:42 pm

Shaun wrote:
SIXTY FOUR, 64, 32+32, LXIV

Lol...I thought you were joking. So 64 is mathematical better.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:44 pm

Yeah 64 makes more sense math wise. It also has a nice ring to it.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:47 pm

50, 100, 64...no matter what you choose, Del belongs on that list. The fact that he wasn't mentioned out of 100+ is just a crime.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:48 pm

Grand Moff Myestro wrote:
50, 100, 64...no matter what you choose, Del belongs on that list. The fact that he wasn't mentioned out of 100+ is just a crime.

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:49 pm

Dumbass
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:51 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Grand Moff Myestro wrote:

Totally missed it. My bad. I think the lack of Homosapien, or not simply calling him Del threw me off. Then again, it is almost bedtime and I'm tired.

That's deep and thought-provoking, but not deep. Haha!
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:51 pm

Shaun wrote:
Dumbass

E.A.D. hooker.

Edit: And another thing. When you get to be my age, your eyesight will go bad too.

Edit again: ESPECIALLY if you masturbate even half of a half of a half of a half as much as I do.

Last edited by Grand Moff Myestro on Thu 09 Sep 2010, 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:53 pm

I'm excited for this thread. Hopefully it works out.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:53 pm

Speaking of Half...haha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time    The Greatest Rapper Of All Time  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Greatest Rapper Of All Time
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: