Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album

Go down 
+8
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
RuKuS
E. Taylor
parker lewis
Half
thelundquist
Laced With Slang
J. Harris
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Empty
PostSubject: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 8:36 pm

Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:50 pm

Relapse >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Recovery

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:51 pm

J. Harris wrote:

I respectively disagree with that. I like both albums. It took me a while to get into Relapse.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 11:02 pm

IMO, Recovery was mainly made to please the mainstream audience and try to stay on the relevant tip. Interscope drove that album and not Em. It didn't even seem like he was himself. Granted that I liked 5 songs from Recovery, sub-par beats and weak guest appearances kept this album from being considered classic material from him. Relapse wasn't nearly classic either, but Em seemed to be in his own element aside from the continuous use of the accent.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 11:05 pm

And now all of sudden he's downplaying Relapse stating it was practically a mistake and he let his fans down. Most people would agree Relapse was dope.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 11:06 pm

^ i agree Harris with everything

anyone watch Entourage last night?

Vince to Em: "whats wrong Marshall, too mainstream to fight your own fights?"
Eminem: socks Vince i face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 11:13 pm

J. Harris wrote:
And now all of sudden he's downplaying Relapse stating it was practically a mistake and he let his fans down. Most people would agree Relapse was dope.

If anything J. Harris, that Encore album was a mistake, a bigger mistake than Relapse and Relapse is WORLD'S better than Encore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 11:15 pm

Encore has higher highs and more vintage Em than either relapse or Recovery
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 11:19 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
Encore has higher highs and more vintage Em than either relapse or Recovery

Encore is not touching Relapse or Recovery in any form.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 11:22 pm

Shut up, Wayne
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 11:23 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
Shut up, Wayne

Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 11:25 pm

Evil deeds. Vintage Em. Toy Soldiers. Vintage Em. Mockingbird. Vintage Em. Encore. Vintage Em. One Shot 2 Shot Vintage Em.

Something both Relapse and Recovery are missing. Notice I made no qualitative statements about any album. Sorry nobody is here for you to cosign.

Last edited by Steve Knight on Mon 13 Sep 2010, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 11:26 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
Evil deeds. Vintage Em. Toy Soldiers. Vintage Em. Mockingbird. Vintage Em. Encore. Vintage Em. Mockingbird. Vintage Em.

Something both Relapse and Recovery are missing. Notice I made no qualitative statements about any album. Sorry nobody is here for you to cosign.

I respect your opinions man.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 11:45 pm

Steve wasnt Relapse classic to you when it dropped????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 11:47 pm

i did initially overrate it.

it's around a 4 something. I like it more than Recovery, Recovery is Eminem finally doing after all these years what he never needed to do, selling out and giving in and joining the Illuminati game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 11:48 pm

Steve Knight wrote:

it's around a 4 something. I like it more than Recovery, Recovery is Eminem finally doing after all these years what he never needed to do, selling out and giving in and joining the Illuminati game.

Relapse is 4 stars to me also.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 12:09 am

Steve Knight wrote:

^^^Co-sign man. The tracklist was the hint, and the my initial album listen for Recovery solidified that hint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 12:11 am

J. Harris wrote:
Steve Knight wrote:

^^^Co-sign man. The tracklist was the hint, and the my initial album listen for Recovery solidified that hint.

What's your rating for Recovery Harris?
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 12:28 am

Relapse > Recovery, imo

Relapse was more lyrical, more hip-hop, and more Eminem-esque.

Recovery sounded kind of forced and it had a poor corny punchline to dope punchline ratio. Add the poppy production and features, and the mainstream pop culture eats it up while real fans are left in the lurch.

first 4 albums all 4 or greater.

Encore: 2.25
Relapse: 3.75
Recovery: 3 (despite all the criticism)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 7:34 am

Steve is right, when Encore was good, it was better.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 8:21 am

Slang Editorial wrote:

I'm halfway through season 6...I'm hoping Vince catches AIDS, gets his face scarred in an accident, hooked on heroin...something to make it interesting.

Shit gets boring when they don't have any "real" problems...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:00 am

Kid Joe wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

I'm halfway through season 6...I'm hoping Vince catches AIDS, gets his face scarred in an accident, hooked on heroin...something to make it interesting.

Shit gets boring when they don't have any "real" problems...

you'll get what you want trust me...and do you mean you're halfway through season 7? im pretty sure it was the first half of season 7 that just ended, but if you're still on 6 ill say no more
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:44 am

I'm halfway through 6. I thought last night was the season 7 finale...
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 11:16 am

Recover>>>>>>>>>>>>Relapse

I don't know how any of you can stand the fuckin accent on Relapse. If I wanted to hear Bin Laden rap I'd go find one of his videos to watch. It's stupid and he uses the accent the entire album. Beats were dope though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 11:19 am

Have you heard bin Laden speak? I don't think Eminem sounds like him.

BTW, the "bin" isn't capitalized, it's like an "of" or "from".

Fun fact: did you know Jesus' real name is Yeshua bin Josef?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 11:19 am

E. Taylor wrote:
Recover>>>>>>>>>>>>Relapse

I don't know how any of you can stand the fuckin accent on Relapse. If I wanted to hear Bin Laden rap I'd go find one of his videos to watch. It's stupid and he uses the accent the entire album. Beats were dope though.

I can't really stand the accent, but I prefer it to the emo pop rap on most of Recovery. All of these albums are in the 3 star area.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 12:00 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
Recovery>>>>>>>>>>>>Relapse

Cosign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 12:23 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 1:22 pm

Fun fact: no archaeological evidence to support that Jesus ever existed.

Also, fun fact, "bin" only means "son of" in arabic. Also, it would have been "ben Yosef" and not "bin Josef" as Jesus' parents were jews and probably spoke aramic, hebrew or maybe even greek. Good try though, theologian.
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 3:12 pm

lol @ Relapse >>>> Recovery

You can hate on the poppy sound all you want, but if I wanted to hear a bunch of incoherent ramblings about nothing (Relapse) I'd listen to ICP.

Recovery >>>>>>>>>>>>Relapse most definitely.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 3:13 pm

My Braves are pulling a Mets.... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 3:14 pm

Hey now. The Braves are coming back down to Earth. But they've got MUCH more failing to do if they wanna be in the Mets league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 3:37 pm

LOL @ emo nemo - u believe in the white theory of jesus, and that he was not arabic/black, which he was. My name is write - yours is those who are willing to admit modern christianity is wrong, but nothing so earth shattering as the truth.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 3:43 pm

lmao @ my name is write
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 3:45 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
LOL @ emo nemo - u believe in the white theory of jesus, and that he was not arabic/black, which he was. My name is write - yours is those who are willing to admit modern christianity is wrong, but nothing so earth shattering as the truth.

He said he was Jewish, not white.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 3:46 pm

i said white theory fool
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 3:46 pm

Shaun wrote:
lmao @ my name is write
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 3:48 pm

Fair enough.

"nemo - u believe in the white theory of jesus, and that he was not arabic/black, which he was"

But how else was I supposed to interpret that line?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 3:48 pm

god dammit

god dammit all
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 3:49 pm

Steve likes Nature of the Threat

me too

yay
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 4:56 pm

RuKuS wrote:
lol @ Relapse >>>> Recovery

You can hate on the poppy sound all you want, but if I wanted to hear a bunch of incoherent ramblings about nothing (Relapse) I'd listen to ICP.

Recovery >>>>>>>>>>>>Relapse most definitely.

I'd rather hear sick complex rhymes over dope Dre beats, than the constant shouting of cornball punchlines over alt-pop beats.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 4:58 pm

Exactly lundquist
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 5:15 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
My Braves are pulling a Mets.... Crying or Very sad

Your and my Braves are just fine. They still have 6 games with Philly left. Even if they don't win the division, they still lead the Wildcard and they're due for a hot streak. I never expected them to hold off Philly anyways.

At the beginning of the season if i had told you we'd be in mid Sept. and the Braves would lead the wild card, I bet you would've taken it.

We're fine........chill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 5:34 pm

go rangers...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 6:07 pm

J. Harris wrote:

Co-Sign 1000%
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 6:12 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
Evil deeds. Vintage Em. Toy Soldiers. Vintage Em. Mockingbird. Vintage Em. Encore. Vintage Em. One Shot 2 Shot Vintage Em.

Was Just Lose It Vintage Em? How about Ass Like That? or Puke? Or Big Weenie?

Those tracks you picked out are dope, but Encore has many more lows than highs.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 7:29 pm

Recovery is probably around 3/5 for me. There was just too much pop influence for me to give it more than that. He scraped Relapse 2 because he was scared of becoming irrelevant. Dude is sick on the mic, but the pop ish sellout mentality needs to go. The accent was a bit much on Relapse, but Em was definitely in his lane on that album. I'd give Relapse 4/5 rating. You can tell he wanted the tweenies to buy his new joint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 7:32 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Steve Knight wrote:

Okay stupid ass, i didn't say it didn't, I just said it had higher highs. Wow you're illiterate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 7:57 pm

KJ the Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Steve Knight wrote:

Good God I strongly dislike Puke. That has to be one of Em's worst songs ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 8:40 pm

I like Puke. Dope song. Just Lose It and Ass Like That were both big singles, so I have a hard time knocking songs that get people album sales.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album   Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eminem talks about "problems" with Relapse album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next