Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums that never seen the light of day

Go down 
+2
Blades
Myestro
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Albums that never seen the light of day Empty
PostSubject: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 7:41 pm

What are some albums you anticipated that were never released? And I'm talking albums that were either hyped, planned, hinted at, advertised, talked about, speculated on, rumored, you name it.

Last edited by Wayne on Wed 22 Sep 2010, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 7:43 pm

Albums that never seen the light of day Images10
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 8:26 pm

Dr. Dre & Ice Cube - Helter Skelter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 8:31 pm

Grand Moff Myestro wrote:

I cosign on this choice also. Had this album been released during the prime of Death Row, it would've been a classic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 8:32 pm

I remember in 1999 or early 2000 that a rumored Murder Inc. album w/ Jay-Z, DMX, and Ja-Rule was on the way, and I may be in the minority, but I was anticipating that one.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 8:35 pm

Wayne wrote:

I cosign on this choice also. Had this album been released during the prime of Death Row, it would've been a classic.

I was just reading on wiki that D.O.C. used the rhymes he started writing for this (he was still ghostwriting for Dre) on his own album. And kept the name "Helter Skelter" just to spite Dre.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 8:38 pm

Wayne wrote:

I was just reading on wiki that D.O.C. used the rhymes he started writing for this (he was still ghostwriting for Dre) on his own album. And kept the name "Helter Skelter" just to spite Dre.

Wow, just to spite Dre. I remember hearing that. I wasn't too impressed with that album from D.O.C.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 8:40 pm

Wayne wrote:
Wayne wrote:

Wow, just to spite Dre. I remember hearing that. I wasn't too impressed with that album from D.O.C.

The beats were nasty. But yeah, his voice wasn't the same, and it took something away from the album. I still enjoy it though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 8:42 pm

Wayne wrote:
Wayne wrote:

The beats were nasty. But yeah, his voice wasn't the same, and it took something away from the album. I still enjoy it though.

There's no telling how big the rest of his career would've been had that unfortunate accident not happened.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 8:43 pm

Wayne wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Wayne wrote:

There's no telling how big the rest of his career would've been had that unfortunate accident not happened.

True. I think he probably would have ended up in many GOAT discussions though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 8:45 pm

Wayne wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Wayne wrote:

True. I think he probably would have ended up in many GOAT discussions though.

Exactly. He would've been capable of making a great follow up to No One Can Do It Better, whether it was on Ruthless or Death Row.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 8:47 pm

Wayne wrote:
I remember in 1999 or early 2000 that a rumored Murder Inc. album w/ Jay-Z, DMX, and Ja-Rule was on the way, and I may be in the minority, but I was anticipating that one.

LOL bunny
Back to top Go down
Blades
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Blades

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 2:13 am

Made Men 'Black Friday', I remember the promo ads all over the source mag back in the day, posters on every street from boston to springfield.... I heard some new tracks they did with Edo G so hopefully a release in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 8:37 pm

Co-sign Helter Skelter
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 11:56 am

Wayne wrote:

I've talked about this before, too. They even did a Source cover together announcing that they were doing it. I think most people in that time were checking for it, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 4:32 pm

Wanduras wrote:
Wayne wrote:

I've talked about this before, too. They even did a Source cover together announcing that they were doing it. I think most people in that time were checking for it, though.

I certainly was one of the people that were checking for this album. I was even awaiting a release a little more than others, lol, but it never came to light, obviously, lol.
Back to top Go down
CABNumber
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
CABNumber

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:23 pm

I don't know if any of you guys are Jay Electronica fans but Iv been waiting on Act II: Patents Of Nobility (The Turn) for quite some time know. Granted it isn't as much as your guys is albums but dudes been putting dates out for a while but it still hasn't come out the last time he said something abut it he stated it was going to come out on his birthday september,19 but it didn't I need more material from this dude cuz there's a very short amount.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:38 pm

Trigga The Gambler's album, I actually liked him as much as his brother and would have copped his album had it ever dropped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:39 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Trigga The Gambler's album, I actually liked him as much as his brother and would have copped his album had it ever dropped.

Good choice. Still not sure why it was shelved.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:52 pm

CABNumber wrote:
I don't know if any of you guys are Jay Electronica fans but Iv been waiting on Act II: Patents Of Nobility (The Turn) for quite some time know. Granted it isn't as much as your guys is albums but dudes been putting dates out for a while but it still hasn't come out the last time he said something abut it he stated it was going to come out on his birthday september,19 but it didn't I need more material from this dude cuz there's a very short amount.

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
CABNumber
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
CABNumber

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:54 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:

I've listened to Smoothe The Hustler's 'Once Upon a Time in America'' a couple of times and heard all of the features from Trigga The Gambler's on the album and I always thought Smoothe out shined him so never go into searching for any of Trigga's tracks. Which Tracks do you guys recommend?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:56 pm

CABNumber wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

I've listened to Smoothe The Hustler's 'Once Upon a Time in America'' a couple of times and heard all of the features from Trigga The Gambler's on the album and I always thought Smoothe out shined him so never go into searching for any of Trigga's tracks. Which Tracks do you guys recommend?

Tracks from Trigga CABNumber?
Back to top Go down
CABNumber
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
CABNumber

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:57 pm

Wayne wrote:

Yeah!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 6:00 pm

CABNumber wrote:
Wayne wrote:

Yeah!

My Crew Can't Go For That
Make A Move
Meet Your Maker
Broken Language 2

Just to name a few!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 6:01 pm

Wayne wrote:
CABNumber wrote:
Wayne wrote:

Yeah!

Make A Move
Meet Your Maker
Broken Language 2

Just to name a few!

Yeah, Bust wasn't bad either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 6:02 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
CABNumber wrote:
Wayne wrote:

Yeah!

Make A Move
Meet Your Maker
Broken Language 2

Just to name a few!

Yeah, Bust wasn't bad either.

You're right KJ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums that never seen the light of day   Albums that never seen the light of day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums that never seen the light of day
Page 1 of 1