Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star Empty
PostSubject: Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star   Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 8:03 pm

Well I know I promised to do reviews for each of their albums but the polarizing responses made me change my mind. I see some like this group while others can't dig them and I completely understand it. They aren't everyone's speed.

Moving on...after 5 years of waiting they finally dropped their long awaited album and it was certainly worth the wait. Rock Dust Light Star is just another in the series of masterpieces this group has churned out over the past 2 decades. Constantly changing their overall sound has resulted in vastly different vibes from album to album. This one seems to be a continuation from their last album Dynamite with a bit of their best selling album, Travelling Without Moving, mixed in.

I gotta say after multiple listens that this is my favorite album so far this year. Am I biased? Absolutely. I'm a huge fanboy of this band and its no secret. But I have a feeling a few of you will dig this.

So here is just a sample of what this album has to offer...

Starting with the best song IMO

She's A Fast Persuader

White Knuckle Ride

Hey Floyd

Smoke And Mirrors

I rarely ever dole out a 5 star rating but this would come pretty darn close to it.

Anyways I hope you all enjoy this. Its not hiphop but sometimes we need to branch out of our comfort zone.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star   Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun 2011, 11:11 am

Surprised no comments but its all good. This album still gets a lot of spins.

Anyways here is their latest single. An instant summer classic.

http://www.webdoc.com/documents/3c51b707-3890-41fe-b03f-e896e2dc98a9
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star   Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun 2011, 12:58 pm

Sounds like you could definitely pick up chicks with some of this stuff. It could work pretty well in a party setting I'd imagine.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star   Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun 2011, 2:30 pm

I'll certainly give it a try haha. I'll have to look into that. I'm surprised this sort of music (acid jazz/funk/pop scene) hasn't caught on more in the US but I suppose its only a matter of time.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star   Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun 2011, 5:42 pm

I'm not all that familiar with Jamiroquai, but the few songs I have heard...I love. Maybe I should invest in some albums.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star   Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun 2011, 7:35 pm

Good to hear man. I think most of you know how little I've supported the music industry on account of being a stingy, broke minority. Well after only hearing a few songs from them I bought their discography and haven't been disappointed. Every album is quality.

I'm a huge fanboy though so you won't get an unbiased opinion.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star   Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun 2011, 8:37 pm

Ok, I love Virtual Insanity. I also love Canned Heat. Given that, which album do you think I should peep first? I'll probably download it, give it a listen, and if I do really dig it, look into buying that one and a few others.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star   Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun 2011, 11:45 pm

Well the thing about the group is that their sound has evolved over each album. On their debut, Emergency on Planet Earth, they have the really easy-going acid jazz vibe.

Their most popular album is Traveling Without Moving. Its supposedly the best selling funk album of all-time. It happens to be my favorite album to play while driving as well. I think that may be the best place to start.

I happened to start off with A Funk Odyssey which has more of an electronic vibe. That was perfect for me as I'm quite into that genre to begin with.

When you compare their debut to their latest effort you'd swear you were listening to 2 different bands.

But by all means download first. Blind buying isn't really something I'm down with though I recently did so for London Elektricity's new album. Speaking of them I think I'll do a review of their entire body of work. If you dig this you might did them.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star   Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun 2011, 12:02 am

I had the 1st album but it was gaffled before I had a chance to check it out too much. I will start with the 1st CD and if I like what I'm hearing, I'll keep checking them out. I have always heard good things about this group.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star   Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun 2011, 12:11 am

Good to hear man. Also thanks for adding the word gaffled to my vocab lol. I had to urban dictionary that one.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star   Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun 2011, 12:19 am

smh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star   Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jamiroquai - Rock Dust Light Star
Page 1 of 1