Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas

Go down 
+11
Shaun
parker lewis
Highsmith
thelundquist
Half
TheHazardous
Funk Seoul Brother
D.Powell
Myestro
T. Myers
Deanie O'Banion
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Brad vs. Nasir
Scarface
GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Vote_lcap57%GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Vote_rcap
 57% [ 13 ]
Nas
GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Vote_lcap43%GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Vote_rcap
 43% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Empty
PostSubject: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 8:23 pm

Well we made it to the end for this final showdown! I counted declared votes and Nas won 10-7 over Pac. This was fun and I can't wait to start the group competition. So who is the GOAT emcee?

GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas 91073781

vs.

GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Nas-nas-rap-concert-at-the-state-theatre-in-detroit-DpIEME
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 8:29 pm

Nas wins! To quote Chris Jericho, he's the best in the world at what he does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 8:33 pm

in your opinion. scarface is tons better than nas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 8:37 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
scarface is tons better than nas.

That's YOUR opinion, Pedro.

My opinion is that Nas is the best MC in the game and has been for the last 13 years. I love Scarface as well, but Nas' superior lyricism and wordplay ranks him higher on my GOAT list.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 8:59 pm

Did anybody else catch Nas f'n up Back In Black w/ Carlos Santana on Lopez Tonight last night? Santana was amazing, Nas sings worse than Puffy did on that Zeppelin cover. Nas is still good in my book, but I prefer Scarface.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 9:03 pm

Face is a legend no doubt, but I'm going with Nas of course!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 9:05 pm

Face
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 9:07 pm

Wayne wrote:
Nas is a legend no doubt, but I'm going with Face/Scarface/Akshen of course!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 9:27 pm

this is a great finals match-up

When it comes to being a better overall "pure" emcee then Nas wins IMO going away...he's lyrically better than 'Face, he has a better flow IMO, charisma goes to Nas as well IMO, voice and delivery goes to 'Face...

overall the catalogs are pretty close although I might give the slight edge there to 'Face because when it comes to outright song making dude is second to none.....he has truly mastered that part of the game

Both are legends in every phase of that word...and both have influenced countless emcees!

hmmm man this shit is as tight as virgin pussy but since Rakim is no longer available here then I have to go with the better emcee which in this case is Nas IN MY OPINION

Nas wins!

Last edited by D.Powell on Wed 29 Sep 2010, 6:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 9:34 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
To quote Chris Jericho, he's the best in the world at what he does.

Do you understand what I am saying to you right now.....

Nas wins this. While his status on this forum is rather polarizing he is definitely worthy of GOAT status.

I figured a Nas Rakim slobberknocker would end this....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 9:50 pm

Face wins but Nas is no push over as we already know. These are two of the most deserving for GOAT if I have ever seen any.

Face has the overall betta discog, voice, delivery, deeper impact lyrically, and flow wise he's not far behind Nas. Nas only has betta overall word play, flow, and rhyme structure than Face. Lyrics is a tie to me.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 10:26 pm

Face, Home Team!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 10:38 pm

Cise wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
To quote Chris Jericho, he's the best in the world at what he does.

Do you understand what I am saying to you right now.....

Nas wins this. While his status on this forum is rather polarizing he is definitely worthy of GOAT status.

I figured a Nas Rakim slobberknocker would end this....

LMAO, I love your Jericho and Jim Ross quotes, and co-sign everything you just said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 10:39 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Face wins but Nas is no push over as we already know. These are two of the most deserving for GOAT if I have ever seen any.

Face has the overall betta discog, voice, delivery, deeper impact lyrically, and flow wise he's not far behind Nas. Nas only has betta overall word play, flow, and rhyme structure than Face. Lyrics is a tie to me.

Nas is the better lyricist. Impact is about even.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 10:50 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

No he IS not. Trust me.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 10:59 pm

Face. Really surprised by the final two here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 11:02 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

No he IS not. Trust me.

YES HE IS!!!! Real Talk.

Face's strongest suit is his subject matter. Line for line he's not fuckin with Nas. Lyricists are guys who have quotables and punchlines that make you hit the rewind button. Nas does that more often than Face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 11:05 pm

Half wrote:

I fucking fell over dead by shock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 11:11 pm

Jeff wrote:
Half wrote:

Laughing My Ass Off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 11:21 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

No he IS not. Trust me.

YES HE IS!!!! Real Talk.

Face's strongest suit is his subject matter. Line for line he's not fuckin with Nas. Lyricists are guys who have quotables and punchlines that make you hit the rewind button. Nas does that more often than Face.

Yes that is an aspect of a lyricists and its one prime example of one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 11:24 pm

Jeff wrote:
Half wrote:

I'm not the least bit surprised, and SMH @ Jeff, you're almost as bad of a Nas hater as SRP.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 11:30 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Half wrote:

I'm not the least bit surprised, and SMH @ Jeff, you're almost as bad of a Nas hater as SRP.

I wonder if you are on a higher level of thinking than I am sometimes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 11:31 pm

lol... I am as much of a nas hater as KJ is a hater of everything not east coast
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 12:14 am

Nas easy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 12:17 am

Where's Steve when you need him......lmao Nas 4 me, but not by much....
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 12:21 am

This tournament played like a VH1 list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 12:26 am

Kid Joe wrote:
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 12:42 am

lol indeed
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 12:53 am

Face
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 12:57 am

Big Daddy Kool wrote:

LMAO, I love your Jericho and Jim Ross quotes, and co-sign everything you just said.

Haha I try man. I'm a fellow rasslin fan.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 6:41 am

Jeff wrote:
Half wrote:

Were you expecting Shoestring and Haystak???
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 6:44 am

Kid Joe wrote:

yeah that is true man...there should have been waaay more appearances by R.A. The Rugged Man and Slaine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 7:23 am

D.Powell wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

yeah that is true man...there should have been waaay more appearances by R.A. The Rugged Man and Slaine

LOl...exactly. Face never would have made it this far on a VH1 list first of all. And second the greats ae the greats and your underground hero's will never ever ever never ever change that. Only way something like this will ever change is if you take out the elite 10-15. Then Slaine, Bizzy Bone, Gift Of Gab, Blu, and whoever may have a chance.......to make it pass the first round. LMAO!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 1:47 pm

Nas i basically cosign Powell's post, this is a great matchup, but Nas wins, i dont think hes number one though
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 2:02 pm

lol...I'm not going to get into this again. Yeah, these guys made impact, they were great...were. Rugged Man lyrically murders everyone still standing past round 1. You sentimental fellas just don't want to let go of your has beens...like a little girl with her favorite teddy bear, kinda sweet, really.

And Kev, I don't really need to hear much from you at all, the way you got played by your homie Steve...cosigning all his "hip-hop is for black people" garbage...you've been made a fool, buddy.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 2:24 pm

Rugged Man ain't that nice joseph stop lying to yourself lil man....lol

and vote for someone that is still in the running stupid okay??
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 3:06 pm

Rugged Man is pretty damn ill. He's murdered every verse I've heard from him, and I'd say his Uncommon Valor verse is arguably the greatest of all time. Though that topic is way too vast to get into.

But him, K-Rino, and insert-a-masterful-underground-rhymer's-name-here, can't be GOAT because they don't have anywhere near the impact that the major artists of comparable skill have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 3:13 pm

I don't put any weight on impact... otherwise any GOAT candidate would need a certain resume... other things you can measure my statistics, but some things you can't.

Barry Sanders is arguably a GOAT RB even with out any rushing all time records, scoring records, or super bowls... you only need one album to really hear talent...
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 3:27 pm

Nas...I guess. Not that he's not dope and a legend (as is Face) but this whole tournament just seemed a little fucked up. There were no real guidelines for who to choose, everyone just picked their favorites, which is cool, but if it was gonna just be a favorite list, it would have been drastically different from jump street. I do think Nas is the better "rapper" but to be honest, I enjoy listening to The Untouchable more than any of Nas' albums. And I don't listen to either of them as much as I listen to other artists nowadays, so...eh.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 3:31 pm

I don't necessarily include impact in my criteria either I just don't think R.A. is that nice and I feel the same way about Slaine.....I feel the same way about Eminem too....

that Uncommon Valor verse is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.....to me that joint is over rated by a bunch, especially calling it possibly the greatest verse ever spit.....LMAO...it's nice but it ain't that nice IMO

you might need to hear some more hip-hop IMO...but it's all good though...joseph already knows how I feel about his top 10 emcees of all-time and I'm not going to go into that all over again....
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 3:33 pm

D.Powell wrote:
I don't necessarily include impact in my criteria either I just don't think R.A. is that nice and I feel the same way about Slaine.....I feel the same way about Eminem too....

that Uncommon Valor verse is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.....to me that joint is over rated by a bunch, especially calling it possibly the greatest verse ever spit.....LMAO...it's nice but it ain't that nice IMO

you might need to hear some more hip-hop IMO...but it's all good though...joseph already knows how I feel about his top 10 emcees of all-time and I'm not going to go into that all over again....

I've heard plenty of hip-hop, and I stand whole-heartedly by that statement. It is arguably a GOAT verse IMO. You don't like it, and that's fine.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 3:40 pm

nah that shit is bland to me....he's trying to throw so many words in his verses that he's stumbling all over himself...lol

I like my words nice and clear even if they're spitting faster than the average....his flow is sleepy on it and that lisp doesn't help him out unlike G Rap's does....

Last edited by thelundquist on Tue 12 Oct 2010, 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : re-upped vid)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 4:18 pm

RA whom I like a lot is a one trick pony rhyme style wise to me. He uses that same continues flow in the middle of his bars almost every fucking verse. Its so amateur. Its like he figured out he can get a reaction from that flow and won't let it go. RA is no joke lyrically and unlike many cats with his style from the underground he knows how to compose complete songs. Dude is dope. But to be the GOAT lyricism is only one part of it.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 4:29 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
RA whom I like a lot is a one trick pony rhyme style wise to me. He uses that same continues flow in the middle of his bars almost every fucking verse. Its so amateur. Its like he figured out he can get a reaction from that flow and won't let it go. RA is no joke lyrically and unlike many cats with his style from the underground he knows how to compose complete songs. Dude is dope. But to be the GOAT lyricism is only one part of it.

how can someone be a "one-trick" pony in their rhyme style? i mean i kind of get what you're saying but not every rapper uses different rhyme styles, some always have the same.

For example, Scarface...how often has he really "changed his rhyme style"/delivery?? Aside from a few tracks where he slowed it down a lot his "rhyme style" has been essentially the same in every song. Same with Nas when you really think about it. Neither of these two really change their specific rhyme style, if at all really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 4:53 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

how can someone be a "one-trick" pony in their rhyme style? i mean i kind of get what you're saying but not every rapper uses different rhyme styles, some always have the same.

For example, Scarface...how often has he really "changed his rhyme style"/delivery?? Aside from a few tracks where he slowed it down a lot his "rhyme style" has been essentially the same in every song. Same with Nas when you really think about it. Neither of these two really change their specific rhyme style, if at all really.

True but they stay on the same rhyme pattern for the most part and it comes off natural. And Face flips his rhyme pattern more than you may think. RA seems to have found a niche and runs it into the ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 4:56 pm

that can be said about almost every rapper... even rakim has been using the same flow for years...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 5:31 pm

I got 16 declared votes so far - jeff and Kid Joe - who y'all vote for?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: