Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas

Go down 
+11
Shaun
parker lewis
Highsmith
thelundquist
Half
TheHazardous
Funk Seoul Brother
D.Powell
Myestro
T. Myers
Deanie O'Banion
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Brad vs. Nasir
Scarface
GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Vote_lcap57%GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 57% [ 13 ]
Nas
GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 43% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 6:03 pm

Highsmith wrote:
Where's Steve when you need him

Fuck that phony ass cocksucking jarhead
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 6:06 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Highsmith wrote:

Jarheads are Marines though. Don't give him too much credit. He was a simple semen...I mean, seaman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 6:09 pm

Anybody bitching about this tournament seriously needs to shut the fuck up.

This is just like the NCAA tournament, you saw some upsets in the first few rounds but at the end of it all you ended up with a great Final Four and Championship Game featuring two of the all time greats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 6:09 pm

Myestro wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Highsmith wrote:

Jarheads are Marines though. Don't give him too much credit. He was a simple semen...I mean, seaman.

LOL, true dat.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 6:13 pm

I didn't vote.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 7:15 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
I didn't vote.

I haven't yet either. Not sure who to go with here....

Fuck it...going with Scarface. If you include the Geto Boys stuff the choice is easy (for me).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 7:20 pm

yeah, when you look at geto boys there is no question who the true GOAT emcee is. All of nas work with groups sucks and shows he is not a true goat - a true goat can shine alone and also enhance and know his place within a group. nas does not have that ability.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 7:25 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
yeah, when you look at geto boys there is no question who the true GOAT emcee is. All of nas work with groups sucks and shows he is not a true goat - a true goat can shine alone and also enhance and know his place within a group. nas does not have that ability.

lol...you're sure to ruffle some feathers there.

I agree Face reins supreme in all those categories. I may like Illmatic slightly more than my favorite Face/GB albums, but GB alone has more classics than Nas IMO. And I listen to those albums more anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 10:12 pm

Nas is a true GOAT by any definition. He's a great lyricist, storyteller, creative writer, and is one of the few guys from the 90's that still consistently puts out dope albums. The same can be said for Face, but Nas has hit higher highs IMO.

SRP's argument against Nas (like most of his debates against rappers whom he dislikes) is weak. Of course Face shines when he's in a group because he's PART OF A GROUP. He took two mediorce MC's like Willie D and Bushwick Bill and made them into stars.

The only group album Nas was ever on was The Firm. It was a sub-par project but that wasn't entirely Nas' fault. I don't count the Bravehearts because Nas wasn't part of that group, that was simply a crew featuring his brother Jungle and some of his boys that he put on. That said, Distant Relatives was an excellent album if you want to count that.

Nas has always shined on his guest appearances on tracks, and often times he's had the best verse on those tracks. If nothing else he's added dopeness to them.

No disrespect to Scarface because he's the King Of The South. But Nas has provided some of the illest verses of all time, that's what ultimately gives him the edge in my mind.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 10:21 pm

Well KJ by your logic Face is still the GOAT emcee over Nas. Because for him to take two "medicore" rappers and make them stars and making the grp legendary while holding down a legendary solo career. Thats GOAT status like a mofo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 10:26 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Well KJ by your logic Face is still the GOAT emcee over Nas. Because for him to take two "medicore" rappers and make them stars and making the grp legendary while holding down a legendary solo career. Thats GOAT status like a mofo.

I can respect that opinion. Like I said both of these guys are all time favs of mine. For me this battle all comes down to who's wrecking the mic harder. IMO that's Nas.

Regardless of who comes out on top, I'm at least pleased that Nas made it to the finals. It shows that most people in here not named Pedro or Jeff respect him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 11:42 pm

KJs logic is all backwards. Nas was all over those braveheart albums and they sucked. Nas was also in a super group with three emcees that KJ would consider doper than willie d or bushwick and he had superstar production and The Firm is still one of the worst albums ever. I speak the truth, Nas is incapable of making a dope group. Scarface is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 12:25 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJs logic is all backwards. Nas was all over those braveheart albums and they sucked. Nas was also in a super group with three emcees that KJ would consider doper than willie d or bushwick and he had superstar production and The Firm is still one of the worst albums ever. I speak the truth, Nas is incapable of making a dope group. Scarface is.

Well that Bravehearts album was a bad album across the board, and that Firm album, well, it certainly was a disappointment after ALL the hype it was given.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 12:33 am

i still stand by my opinion: The Firm album is actually pretty good, after taking the hype out of the picture

hoestly the only songs i dont listen to are: Firm All Stars, Hardcore, Fuck Somebody Else, and sometimes Firm Biz and Im Leaving

i can say with confidence that i like all of the other tracks a good amount and at least 4 are classics

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 12:38 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
i still stand by my opinion: The Firm album is actually pretty good, after taking the hype out of the picture

hoestly the only songs i dont listen to are: Firm All Stars, Hardcore, Fuck Somebody Else, and sometimes Firm Biz and Im Leaving

i can say with confidence that i like all of the other tracks a good amount and at least 4 are classics

I do agree it's a good album, but overall a disappointment. With the slight exception of I'm Leaving, those songs you mentioned are some of the more unnotable songs on the album. Phone Tap, Firm Fiasco, and Desperados are 3 of the 4 classics you're referring to I'm assuming.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 12:41 am

Wayne wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

I do agree it's a good album, but overall a disappointment. With the slight exception of I'm Leaving, those songs you mentioned are some of the more unnotable songs on the album. Phone Tap, Firm Fiasco, and Desperados are 3 of the 4 classics you're referring to I'm assuming.

yup, Im Leaving is actually dope i just havent listened to it in a long time. I also love "Executive Decison"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 12:43 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

yup, Im Leaving is actually dope i just havent listened to it in a long time. I also love "Executive Decison"

Yep, Executive Decision is another tight joint. That song "Untouchable", although short, has a nice beat. And Firm Family, Throw Ya Guns, and Five Minutes to Flush were decent.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 2:54 am

Face...easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 10:00 am

If anybody would have beat Face who could it have been?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 2:04 pm

On this particular forum obviously no one could have beaten 'Face as it has been shown already, and that's all good too because 'Face is a worthy choice for GOAT emcee, but if you took the same type of format and placed it in other forums other candidates for GOAT emcee would probably be Ice Cube, Biggie, Nas, Kool G Rap, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, LL Cool J, Rakim, 2Pac, Ghostface, Andre 3000, Big Pun, Jadakiss, Big Daddy Kane, GZA, and a few others, I mean it depends on the audience and the forum....on this forum there is a larger concentration of West and Southern heads, so to me it makes sense that 'Face would win here, and like I said I think he's a great choice!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 3:07 pm

D.Powell wrote:
On this particular forum obviously no one could have beaten 'Face as it has been shown already, and that's all good too because 'Face is a worthy choice for GOAT emcee, but if you took the same type of format and placed it in other forums other candidates for GOAT emcee would probably be Ice Cube, Biggie, Nas, Kool G Rap, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, LL Cool J, Rakim, 2Pac, Ghostface, Andre 3000, Big Pun, Jadakiss, Big Daddy Kane, GZA, and a few others, I mean it depends on the audience and the forum....on this forum there is a larger concentration of West and Southern heads, so to me it makes sense that 'Face would win here, and like I said I think he's a great choice!

I don't know about that. But I am surprised that this forum is not as closed minded as I thought at times. A lot of diverse taste and listeners on this forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 3:09 pm

I think we all see what we want to see when it is convenient for us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 3:19 pm

D.Powell wrote:

Large concentration of West Coast heads? Where? There are exactly three dedicated west coast heads on this board and they are Yogi, B.Shaw, and J.Harris. SRP, Terry, K.Rob and maybe a few others are into the West, but seriously those three are the only three that come close to you, KJ, Mbrz, etc love for the east coast.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 3:22 pm

Agreed but I see where Powell is coming from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 3:24 pm

Shit, I forgot Pounds. I would call Pounds a dedicated West Coast head. He may be limited to only a few styles out of the west, but he is DEEP in what most would consider a limited niche. And I'm not dissing the man in any way.

Last edited by Jeff on Thu 30 Sep 2010, 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 3:25 pm

Jeff wrote:
Shit, I forgot Pounds. I would call Pounds a dedicated West Coast head. He may be limited to only a few styles out of the west, but he is DEEP in what most would consider a limited niche. And I'm not dissing he man in any way.

GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 He-man

LEAVE HE MAN ALONE! LEAVE HIM ALONE!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 3:29 pm

Jeff wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Large concentration of West Coast heads? Where? There are exactly three dedicated west coast heads on this board and they are Yogi, B.Shaw, and J.Harris. SRP, Terry, K.Rob and maybe a few others are into the West, but seriously those three are the only three that come close to you, KJ, Mbrz, etc love for the east coast.

Umm Jeffrey maybe I should have phrased it that there are more DEDICATED listeners of southern and west coast hip-hop on this forum....how about that guilty?? I still stand by everything else I said...of course sensitive chicks like you and Pedro would be offended because 'Face might not win on other forums but that's cool too......I already said he was a great choice....if your asking my opinion then Rakim wins easily, and I've listed some names that I think other heads would state on other forums....Hey Kev go do the same type of format on Amazon and any other hip-hop forums that are out there and let me know if you come back with the exact same results that you got on here....let me know my dude I'm interested to see the results.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 3:29 pm

Dammit, Cise. I was in the middle of correcting that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 3:30 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Jeff wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Umm Jeffrey maybe I should have phrased it that there are more DEDICATED listeners of southern and west coast hip-hop on this forum....how about that guilty?? I still stand by everything else I said...of course sensitive chicks like you and Pedro would be offended because 'Face might not win on other forums but that's cool too......I already said he was a great choice....if your asking my opinion then Rakim wins easily, and I've listed some names that I think other heads would state on other forums....Hey Kev go do the same type of format on Amazon and any other hip-hop forums that are out there and let me know if you come back with the exact same results that you got on here....let me know my dude I'm interested to see the results.....

Powell, what you fail to realize is that if this question was posed on most forums, the winner would be Lil Wayne.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 3:30 pm

Jeff wrote:
Dammit, Cise. I was in the middle of correcting that.

Hehehe I figured you would. Nobody disses he man and gets away with it lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 3:33 pm

I don't think so guilty......like I said Kev go do the same format in a few other hip-hop forums and holla at cha boy.....stop speculating guilty and let the polls speak my dude
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 3:34 pm

Why are you calling me Guilty?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 3:37 pm

cause that's who you are, that's why

your GUILTY! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 5:02 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

The Firm album was disappointing, but one of the worst albums ever? That's going WAYYYY too far.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 7:47 pm

Jeff, Powell listed Wayne in his list... lol
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 12:31 pm

Guilty wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Jeff wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Powell, what you fail to realize is that if this question was posed on most forums, the winner would be Lil Wayne.

I disagree because most of the people you are referring to listen to hip hop just because it is the "cool" thing to do and don't really care at all about its history. They wouldn't take the time to even make a couple of posts on a hip hop forum. Sure, there are some true hip hop heads that could have Lil Wayne as a GOAT. But Lil Wayne would not win out on most forums because they would probably have more people that care about hip hop enough that they are willing to waste away days of their life typing into little boxes, not people that would list Lil Wayne because they love radio rap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 12:34 pm

Agreed, somebody like Em or Jay would probably win most pop-bopper forums (see the Vibe tourneys the last two years).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 12:42 pm

Half wrote:
Guilty wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Jeff wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

I disagree because most of the people you are referring to listen to hip hop just because it is the "cool" thing to do and don't really care at all about its history. They wouldn't take the time to even make a couple of posts on a hip hop forum. Sure, there are some true hip hop heads that could have Lil Wayne as a GOAT. But Lil Wayne would not win out on most forums because they would probably have more people that care about hip hop enough that they are willing to waste away days of their life typing into little boxes, not people that would list Lil Wayne because they love radio rap.

Of the forums that I check up on to get news and shit like that, I would say the VAST majority have chosen Weezy as their unofficial GOAT. Even forums like iHipHop (JMT), BTNHBoard (Bone Thugs), TheRealTechN9ne (Duh), StevieStone1.com, etc usually pick Wayne overall. In fact, of the 20+ boards I check (but usually don't post on), I would say only ONE doesn't have Wayne as their GOAT, and that's NecroHipHop. At best, they would pick Face or G Rap, but more than likely Necro or Ill Bill would win. And, also, I would argue that at least 50% of hip hop's fans merely got into it as a fad, and some of them still have no clue about it's history (although some do, just because they're that dedicated to fads). I'm just saying in my experience that Wayne is the modern choice for GOAT.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 12:47 pm

Guilty wrote:
Half wrote:
Guilty wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Jeff wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Of the forums that I check up on to get news and shit like that, I would say the VAST majority have chosen Weezy as their unofficial GOAT. Even forums like iHipHop (JMT), BTNHBoard (Bone Thugs), TheRealTechN9ne (Duh), StevieStone1.com, etc usually pick Wayne overall. In fact, of the 20+ boards I check (but usually don't post on), I would say only ONE doesn't have Wayne as their GOAT, and that's NecroHipHop. At best, they would pick Face or G Rap, but more than likely Necro or Ill Bill would win. And, also, I would argue that at least 50% of hip hop's fans merely got into it as a fad, and some of them still have no clue about it's history (although some do, just because they're that dedicated to fads). I'm just saying in my experience that Wayne is the modern choice for GOAT.

Wow. My theory has been proven wrong then. I haven't really been on a lot of hip hop forums but I just figured most would be similar to this in some way. Guess not. Interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 12:57 pm

I dunno... K-Rino is GOAT on his forum, Mega is GOAT on his (Mega's forum is run by super stans, it's a gay gay place) - and the two other "black" sites I check up on are hip-hop dx and bossip and people there seem split 50/50 between wayne love and hate. Same with siccness.net, but most bay people think Bay people are GOATs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas   GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GOAT Finals: Scarface vs. Nas
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2