Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2 Empty
PostSubject: Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2   Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 10:34 am

Planet Asia - The Grand Opening

Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2 514Hga2sIlL._SL500_AA300_

Ahh, Planet Asia. First time I heard this guy was on a Dilated Peoples album where he completely wrecked his verse but it took me a while after that to check out his solos. This album, while not perfect, is not a disappointment at all. For the most part the beats are upbeat CA beats, with Asia's rugged flow to complement them. Ghostface and Rasco (the other member of Cali Agents) among others, make guest appearances here. It seems like Pain Language gets all the accolades among his albums, but this album and the Medicine are no slouches and deserve to be heard by more people.

Like I said before, this album is not perfect as there are a couple wack tracks, and a couple tracks that seem too commercialized for Asia's style. Nonetheless, this gives you a glimpse of Asia's talent and potential and has A LOT of bangers. I posted three of my favorite tracks below. This is an album both east and west coast heads can find a way to enjoy...happy listening

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2   Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 11:10 am

I still hate "Pure Coke". Ruined any chance I had of checking out a Planet Asia solo. They used to play this on the DirecTV rap station ALL THE FUCKING TIME. THAT HOOK BLOWS.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2   Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 11:32 am

damn really? i love Pure Coke...i agree the hook is annoying but the verses are vintage Aisa and the beat is dope
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2   Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 11:48 am

Good pick...of course Pain Language deserves the accolades but this album was pretty dope. I liked Medicine better but I always thought it was funny that he sampled Weezy, tho, lol. Nonetheless that song was ill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2   Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 12:04 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
damn really? i love Pure Coke...i agree the hook is annoying but the verses are vintage Aisa and the beat is dope

Yeah man when a song gets played that much and the hook doesn't do shit for you...the rest of the song kinda falls by the wayside and it's hard to pick up on the dopeness. I will check out other shit by him, but it probably won't be this album lol.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2   Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 12:42 pm

I'll check this out. Good thread
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2   Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 12:44 pm

Jeff wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Yeah man when a song gets played that much and the hook doesn't do shit for you...the rest of the song kinda falls by the wayside and it's hard to pick up on the dopeness. I will check out other shit by him, but it probably won't be this album lol.

yea i completely understand that. I would check out Pain Language if you havent, and the Medicine

and the way you feel about Pure Coke is almost how i feel about "Still not a Player" by Pun lol, sures its classic, but i cant even listen to the song anymore
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2   Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slang's Albums that dont get enough shine Day #2
Page 1 of 1