Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Put Up or Shut Up!

Go down 
+4
Shaun
T. Myers
Half
Laced With Slang
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 10:36 pm

Also why the hell is Internal Affairs on this list? Rakim or Word Lfe can replace that.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 10:52 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
And Slang you telling me with a str8 face that Face do not at least 3 universal classics? You have not heard mulit people other than me call more than two GB albums classic?

no im not saying i dont agree with that but im saying the same thing can be said for G Rap, Kane and Rakim..picking 3 for Face and not for the others seems arbitrary thats all im saying, im not complaining about the list

Most people will say Rakim's best album is Paid in Full, but doesnt mean Follow the Leader is considered a classic by tons

G Rap however i hear people say any of his three albums with Polo are his best...people choose from all 3 when discussing his best, same with Face

Kane theres also many peoplewho believe IABDT is his best
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 10:58 pm

Slang people do not choose from 3 G Rap albums. I hear Live & Let Die more than any. And the only that gets mentioned at times is Road To Riches. Well here's what i'm going to do. Gang Starr, Face, GB, and The Roots are about to be taken down to two albums. That makes room for 3 slots. Where Follow The Leader, Road To Riches, and one more.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 11:01 pm

Long live The Kane deserves it more than Follow The Leader. Like SRP has said. people are split on Kane's bst album. Paid In Full is a shoe in as Rakim's best album, and if it is widely considered his best then we all know his 2nd best album has no chance at winning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 11:14 pm

I have moved on................seriously. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 11:16 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Also why the hell is Internal Affairs on this list? Rakim or Word Lfe can replace that.

I say Follow The Leader and Long Live The Kane can replace Internal Affairs AND Word Life. They were much bigger albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 11:17 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Long live The Kane deserves it more than Follow The Leader. Like SRP has said. people are split on Kane's bst album. Paid In Full is a shoe in as Rakim's best album, and if it is widely considered his best then we all know his 2nd best album has no chance at winning.

Paid In Full is his best, but shouldn't a consensus Top 10 MC of all time have two albums on the list? There are artists with 3 of them in the tourney.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct 2010, 12:02 am

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Paid In Full is his best, but shouldn't a consensus Top 10 MC of all time have two albums on the list? There are artists with 3 of them in the tourney.

Your logic makes no sense. Nas Illmatic should be Nas only album on there... it is considered his best period. No need to add albums that have no chance at winning. This frees other classics.

This isn't some dick sucking tourney where we will say "oh look, nas is great, lets give him 10 albums" - no - this is strictly the classics who have goat chance... a CD that isn't even an individual artist GOAT has no business in this tourney unless there is controversy... you are just upset because you want to represent your favs, but your logic is non-existent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct 2010, 12:06 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Your logic makes no sense. Nas Illmatic should be Nas only album on there... it is considered his best period. No need to add albums that have no chance at winning. This frees other classics.

This isn't some dick sucking tourney where we will say "oh look, nas is great, lets give him 10 albums" - no - this is strictly the classics who have goat chance... a CD that isn't even an individual artist GOAT has no business in this tourney unless there is controversy... you are just upset because you want to represent your favs, but your logic is non-existent.

Fuck you bitch, I bet you have no problem with other artists having 3 albums in the tourney. Your logic NEVER makes sense. You think The Future Is Now or Anghellic has a chance of winning the tournament? I'd say an album like Long Live The Kane or Road To The Riches (which some feel are Kane and G Rap's best respectively) have a much better chance. You're a fuckin retard, but what else is new.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct 2010, 2:40 pm

I don't think any of those albums have a chance at winning the tournament. I don't think any Tech N9ne, Non Phixion, BDK, or KGR albums have a chance at winning the tournament. If there was actual controversy as to the best album from those guys I wouldn't mind multiple entries. I don't think Anghellic is Tech N9ne's clear cut best album but you don't see me bitching and whining about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct 2010, 3:51 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I don't think any of those albums have a chance at winning the tournament. I don't think any Tech N9ne, Non Phixion, BDK, or KGR albums have a chance at winning the tournament. If there was actual controversy as to the best album from those guys I wouldn't mind multiple entries. I don't think Anghellic is Tech N9ne's clear cut best album but you don't see me bitching and whining about it.

Both Kane and KGR's best albums are a toss up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Put Up or Shut Up!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3