Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Put Up or Shut Up!

Go down 
+4
Shaun
T. Myers
Half
Laced With Slang
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 9:41 pm

Wanduras wrote:
Look, I understand that my tastes are WAY different than the majority of this forum but I find it criminal that Adrenaline Rush, Picture This, and Chapter 2 : World Domination are not on this list. They are miles better than many others that are on here.

Picture This and Chapter 2 would both make my personal list, but i doubt many, if any, would vote for them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 9:42 pm

Wanduras wrote:
Look, I understand that my tastes are WAY different than the majority of this forum but I find it criminal that Adrenaline Rush, Picture This, and Chapter 2 : World Domination are not on this list. They are miles better than many others that are on here.

Thats not different a lot of us like those albums. But we must be real. I only want albums that truly have a chance to make some noise. Not the ones that will get blown the fuck out almost no matter who they draw.

And Slang originality is not the only deciding factor for these albums.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 9:45 pm

Thanks for having my back, Terry, lol. I didnt think any of those picks would go far, just that they should be mentioned. And i know a lot of people like those albums but not a lot consider them classics and I do. There are also a lot of east coast albums that I ignore that others place on a pedestal.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 9:46 pm

I do see your point, though, Kev, its kinda not worth it if this forum is gonna pass on them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 10:01 pm

So right now the only thing i'm changing is Blood Doctrine for Funky Tech.

I do feel we need more midwest representation. Like Picture This and FBI.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 10:14 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Wanduras wrote:

Thats not different a lot of us like those albums. But we must be real. I only want albums that truly have a chance to make some noise. Not the ones that will get blown the fuck out almost no matter who they draw.

i said other reaosons besides originality.

This list should be rserved for the best of the best, BTH is a blip on the radar screen people will forget about in 5 years...

On the other hand i'd put the three albums Wanduras listed over it for sure...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 10:16 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Wanduras wrote:

i said other reaosons besides originality.

This list should be rserved for the best of the best, BTH is a blip on the radar screen people will forget about in 5 years...

On the other hand i'd put the three albums Wanduras listed over it for sure...

I'm not the biggest Adrenaline Rush fan, but the other 2 are easily better to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 10:47 pm

Slang you must really have something against Below The Heavens? Seriously whats the true problem?

Below The Heavens is classic in my book and quite a few more on this forum so it is what is is.

So Picture This will get added. Shouldn't that Masta Ace album come off?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 10:53 pm

Disposable Arts is a 5 star classic to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 10:56 pm

Half wrote:
Disposable Arts is a 5 star classic to me.

Thats good enough for me. I know Terry and Alan hold that album in high regard also.

So can someone please tell me wtf we have accomplished?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 10:58 pm

Disposable Arts is my favorite ace album.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 11:18 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Slang you must really have something against Below The Heavens? Seriously whats the true problem?

Below The Heavens is classic in my book and quite a few more on this forum so it is what is is.

So Picture This will get added. Shouldn't that Masta Ace album come off?

no it is what it is, BTH is a great album, nothing more nothing less. I dont really understand how it can be mentioned in the same breath as most of these albums. Its just a typical sounding good album. Like, there is nothing about that album that makes it any better than a bunch of other good albums from 2007 like The Offering, Renaissance Child, Jesus Price Superstar, The Name, the motto, the outcome, Unerground Kingz, etc...IMO there is nothing about BTH that gives it the wow factor that makes it standout from the other great albums from 2007.

They follow a formula thats been done tons of time and just execute it will. It doesnt belong near a GOAT album list. Thats why i dont believe Stillmatic or Documentary belong on this list either...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 11:20 pm

Okay I Slang I respect that. But you have to understand that BTH means more to some people than what you feel about it. is that fair enough?

So like I asked wtf have we accomplished?

Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 11:26 pm

lol, doesnt seem like much
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 11:26 pm

So to keep all updated I have replaced Blood Doc with Funky Tech. If multiple people disagree please make it known.

Picture This replace Step Into The Arena?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 11:01 am

T. Myers wrote:
In Control Vol. 1 should be on there easily IMO.

CO-SIGNAGE!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 4:28 pm

Looking over the list, here's some albums that should be added IMO

Radio
Long Live The Kane
Follow The Leader
Road To The Riches
Rhythm A Lism
In Control Vol 1
De La Soul Is Dead
Moment Of Truth
Funky Technican
2nd II None
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 4:57 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:

Radio
Long Live The Kane
Follow The Leader
Road To The Riches
Rhythm A Lism
In Control Vol 1
De La Soul Is Dead
Moment Of Truth
Funky Technican
2nd II None

But you rec'ed none to be taken off? And Gangstarr already has 3 albums on this list. Unless it replaces Step Into The Arena. I thought about adding that Quik album but if thats the case Safe & Sound has to be added. I co sign the 2nd II None of course. Funky Tech has already been added.

I'm going to take off Untouchable since Face has 3 solo albums and 3 grp albums on this list already. And i'm thinking about removing The Black Album since I may be the only one who considers it classic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 5:00 pm

So i'm adding:

In Control Vol. 1
Rhythm A Lism
Radio (since LL should have one more album included)

I'll pick 3 to take off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 5:51 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Now here's some more I think can truly come off because just like South P Psycho and Season Sic they will only get 2-3 votes:

The Cold Vein
Funcrusher Plus
Internal Affairs
Violent by Design
Disposable Arts

If you seriously believe that...you're far more ignorant about hip hop than I realized.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 5:57 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

Radio
Long Live The Kane
Follow The Leader
Road To The Riches
Rhythm A Lism
In Control Vol 1
De La Soul Is Dead
Moment Of Truth
Funky Technican
2nd II None

But you rec'ed none to be taken off? And Gangstarr already has 3 albums on this list. Unless it replaces Step Into The Arena. I thought about adding that Quik album but if thats the case Safe & Sound has to be added. I co sign the 2nd II None of course. Funky Tech has already been added.

I'm going to take off Untouchable since Face has 3 solo albums and 3 grp albums on this list already. And i'm thinking about removing The Black Album since I may be the only one who considers it classic.

Yeah, replace Step In The Arena with Moment Of Truth. MOT is my favorite Gang Starr album and is considered a classic. SITA is a classic as well but I'd say most people in here prefer MOT.

I'd take off The Black Album and The Untouchable, neither of them are 5 stars IMO. I'll look on the list to see what else should come off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 5:58 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
So i'm adding:

In Control Vol. 1
Rhythm A Lism

I'll pick 3 to take off.

Rakim, Kane, and G Rap should have 1 more album as well (see my recs)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 6:07 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
So i'm adding:

In Control Vol. 1
Rhythm A Lism

I'll pick 3 to take off.

C'mon man this shit is already east coast mainstream'd the fuck out. He won't even take seminal underground east coast albums as recs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 6:47 pm

Jeff wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
So i'm adding:

In Control Vol. 1
Rhythm A Lism

I'll pick 3 to take off.

C'mon man this shit is already east coast mainstream'd the fuck out. He won't even take seminal underground east coast albums as recs.

Stop talking out your fat over stuffed mouth for a sec. And just rec what you want to see on there. You just talking shit right now and not adding a damn thing to this.

And KJ we are NOT adding no more G Rap or Kane albums...sorry.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 7:00 pm

Ehh....

2 LL albums, and one of em isnt BAD?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 7:04 pm

Credit for including Future Is Now, kevin. You're definitely playing to the whole forum on this list. I don't think I saw any Rhymesayers on there....the collective as a whole is a game-changer. Maybe Lucy Ford...a Brother Ali?

Truth be told, I'm not planning to participate in this. Just being nosy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 7:27 pm

I agree that someone reppin Rhymesayers should be present. We got plenty of DITC albums so i'll add Shadows On The Sun and take off Word...Life. If some trip big time about that i'll take off Funky Tech.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 7:42 pm

I'll also take off Let's Get Free. Since y'all mofo's hate that album sooo much. I'll put Bad in it's place.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 7:52 pm

As far as BTH, I think you're underestimating the originality, if nothing else. There is certainly something familiar about the overall vibe, and Blu does a good job at sounding natural on the tracks...which gives the listener a comfortable feeling.

I would say, though: without an emcee I don't think nearly as many would appreciate the album. Those beats are way more unorthadox than most people recognize.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 8:04 pm

please dont take off Word...Life

also id add Shadows on the Sun over BTH if we are talking about "recent" underground albums
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 8:15 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
please dont take off Word...Life

also id add Shadows on the Sun over BTH if we are talking about "recent" underground albums

Well Slang which DITC album comes off?

Stunts, Blunts
Funk Tech.
Lifestylez
Word Life
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 8:16 pm

^personally id leave them all, so ask someone else i guess, lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 8:18 pm

I know you would leave all of them but other rhyme camps, cliques, crews, posse's, label's do need some representation.

I think Funk Tech is the obvious one to come off imo.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 8:22 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
I know you would leave all of them but other rhyme camps, cliques, crews, posse's, label's do need some representation.

I think Funk Tech is the obvious one to come off imo.

Actually, it's probably the most obvious one to leave on. Diamond D probably deserves to stay too. Big L and OC don't deserve to be on the list IMO.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 8:23 pm

I think Show & AG warrant a spot too, but that's just too many DITC albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 8:30 pm

Well i'm moving on so I appreciate all that shared there thoughts and suggestions. Just wanted to make a list we can all be at least semi cool with. But with all our skitso asses this shit is damn near immposible. We listen to too much dang hip hop...lol.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 8:39 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Well i'm moving on so I appreciate all that shared there thoughts and suggestions. Just wanted to make a list we can all be at least semi cool with. But with all our skitso asses this shit is damn near immposible. We listen to too much dang hip hop...lol.

True that. That's why I didn't bother mentioning any. Plus, if I did, they would be Sweatshop Union, Swollen Members, or stuff like that. I know it wouldn't even make it past the first round.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 8:44 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Yeah, you're bound to piss someone or another off with your choices and omissions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 9:04 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
So i'm adding:

In Control Vol. 1
Rhythm A Lism

I'll pick 3 to take off.

Stop talking out your fat over stuffed mouth for a sec. And just rec what you want to see on there. You just talking shit right now and not adding a damn thing to this.

What the fuck man!!! Those albums I named are UNIVERSAL classics. You've got a million Face albums but only one for G Rap and Kane? They're far more recognized than some of these underground albums that are only gonna get 2-3 votes.

Remember man, you started this thread so you had to know that people were gonna voice their opinions.

As for DITC albums, I say take Lifestylez off. It's a dope album but probably the weakest of the ones named. Stunts Blunts, and Funky Tech definitely deserve to be on.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 9:22 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
So i'm adding:

In Control Vol. 1
Rhythm A Lism

I'll pick 3 to take off.

What the fuck man!!! Those albums I named are UNIVERSAL classics. You've got a million Face albums but only one for G Rap and Kane? They're far more recognized than some of these underground albums that are only gonna get 2-3 votes.

Remember man, you started this thread so you had to know that people were gonna voice their opinions.

As for DITC albums, I say take Lifestylez off. It's a dope album but probably the weakest of the ones named. Stunts Blunts, and Funky Tech definitely deserve to be on.

KJ you have to be objective for just a second. This forum has very broad taste. So your typical "classic" albums will not cut it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 9:25 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
So i'm adding:

In Control Vol. 1
Rhythm A Lism

I'll pick 3 to take off.

KJ you have to be objective for just a second. This forum has very broad taste. So your typical "classic" albums will not cut it.

I am being completely objective. I'm not the only person in this forum that holds Long Live The Kane and Road To The Riches in high regard. And Follow The Leader should DAMN SURE be in the tourney.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 9:26 pm

That's almost threatening... and you miss the point yet again johnny boy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 9:29 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
That's almost threatening... and you miss the point yet again johnny boy.

Threatening??? GTFOH with that bullshit. I never once threatened Kev.

The only "point" being made is that the only albums being added are the ones Kev likes. I have no beef with Kev personally, in fact I respect him more than most peeps in this forum. But objectivity needs to be universal, not just one sided.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 9:30 pm

lol... you told him something better DAMN SURE be on the list... that is threatening...

and kev I think is doing his best to put together a pretty diverse list so I don't see the beef, you're just mad your personal faves are not on there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 9:31 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
lol... you told him something better DAMN SURE be on the list... that is threatening...

and kev I think is doing his best to put together a pretty diverse list so I don't see the beef, you're just mad your personal faves are not on there.

Learn to read jackass, I said it SHOULD DAMN SURE be on the list.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 9:38 pm

KJ has a valid point, theres no reason have 3 GB and 3 Scarface albums when you only have 1 from Rakim, BDK, G Rap...theres nothing objectively separating the best of their albums from each other
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 9:40 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KJ has a valid point, theres no reason have 3 GB and 3 Scarface albums when you only have 1 from Rakim, BDK, G Rap...theres nothing objectively separating the best of their albums from each other

Exactly, THANK YOU Slang!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 10:21 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

well it's all down to preference... kev is running this so he will put third best albums from his favs out there.. I still think it's pointless to include more than one album from an artist if it is clear they have one best.... like rakim... so there's no problem for me. Scarface and Geto boys have more discussion as to what is their "best" so I can see including two of their albums...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 10:28 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

You not trippin about Roots, Gang Starr, Wu, and DITC having plenty of representation on this thread. Don't try to use the "Kev list" card. When I am obviously trying my best to keep this shit fair as possibile. If it was up to you and Slang there would be 100 east albums and 28 other. Not happening. I have removed plenty of my fav albums on my own. But did any of you notice that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 10:31 pm

And Slang you telling me with a str8 face that Face do not at least 3 universal classics? You have not heard mulit people other than me call more than two GB albums classic?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Put Up or Shut Up!   Put Up or Shut Up! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Put Up or Shut Up!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next