Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare

Go down 
+4
T. Myers
CABNumber
Laced With Slang
Wayne
8 posters

Which is better?
Infamy
Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Vote_lcap10%Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Amerikaz Nightmare
Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Vote_lcap90%Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Vote_rcap
 90% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Empty
PostSubject: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 9:50 pm

Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Mobb-Deep-Infamy

VS

Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Amerikaz_Nightmare
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 10:48 pm

Amerikaz Nightmare by a billion football fields
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 10:56 pm

KJ I don't get it. Infamy very easily. To me thats the last true Mobb Deep album. I like AN but Infamy has more standouts..

Crawlin>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 11:06 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
KJ I don't get it. Infamy very easily. To me thats the last true Mobb Deep album. I like AN but Infamy has more standouts..

Crawlin>>>>>>>>>>>>

Amerikaz Nightmare had better rhymes and production. Alchemist laced that album nicely. And I'd take Got It Twisted, Win Or Lose, Flood The Block, and Live Niggaz over anything on Infamy.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 11:25 pm

I've got Infamy @ 3.5 stars (my rating from its release and it still stands today) and Amerikaz Nightmare is 4 stars. AN is my pick in this one.

Last edited by Wayne on Wed 03 Nov 2010, 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 11:28 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Amerikaz Nightmare had better rhymes and production. Alchemist laced that album nicely. And I'd take Got It Twisted, Win Or Lose, Flood The Block, and Live Niggaz over anything on Infamy.

Cosign completely.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 11:30 pm

lol Wayne are you having fun with fonts today??

anyway i go Amerikaz Nightmare...
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 11:34 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
lol Wayne are you having fun with fonts today??

anyway i go Amerikaz Nightmare...

Fun with the fonts, lol. I guess so, lol.
Back to top Go down
CABNumber
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
CABNumber

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 2:02 am

Win or Lose>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 8:41 am

Amerika'z Nightmare, that is like 4.5 to me. Infamy is dope, too, though.

Burn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 8:57 am

They are about equal in my book. Got it Twisted>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 10:04 am

I just play Infamy more. AN seemed a little to mainstream for them to these ears. Infamy has some duds but the standouts really stand out....

Pray For Me>>>>>>>>>>>>

Get Away>>>>>>>>>>>

Burn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kill That>>>>>>>>>>>>

I mean y'all some deaf mofo's. The Infamy is killing AN.

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 10:08 am

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
I just play Infamy more. AN seemed a little to mainstream for them to these ears. Infamy has some duds but the standouts really stand out....

Pray For Me>>>>>>>>>>>>

Get Away>>>>>>>>>>>

Burn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kill That>>>>>>>>>>>>

I agree that AN had a mainstream sound, but it's not like Infamy was tha grimey Mobb we all love. Infamy was every bit as soft as AN was mainstream.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 12:00 pm

gonna go with Amerikaz Nightmare here mainly due to Alchemist's production, but Infamy was not wack by any means...I always thought that effort was highly underrated IMO!
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 1:13 pm

D.Powell wrote:
gonna go with Amerikaz Nightmare here mainly due to Alchemist's production, but Infamy was not wack by any means...I always thought that effort was highly underrated IMO!

Cosign.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 1:19 pm

Jeff wrote:

Burn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

4.5.. and burn? Are you Jeffrey?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 3:04 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Pray For Me>>>>>>>>>>>>

Get Away>>>>>>>>>>>

Burn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kill That>>>>>>>>>>>>

I agree that AN had a mainstream sound, but it's not like Infamy was tha grimey Mobb we all love. Infamy was every bit as soft as AN was mainstream.

Infamy was far from soft. Are we listening to the same album? Infamy has two soft songs on it and thats Handcuffs and Hey Luv.

Infamy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hell On Earth
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 3:14 pm

I never heard this much praise for either album... I mean I dig them both and out of the two Infamy probably had the one softest song, but they both were solid, but not great CDs from the Mobb. I played each one pretty consistently when they came out... but I probably prefer the best songs on Infamy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 5:38 pm

Esco wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Burn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I've always loved Burn, and I also like Get Away and a few other tracks on there (like the Scott Storch track at the end of the album...can't remember what it's called though). The only thing about Infamy I really don't care for is how P just randomly throws out Jay-Z disses, and Havoc easily outshines him on the mic for the whole cd. On AN, Prodigy gets back on track a little bit, but the beats there are just outstanding. Kanye West? Lil Jon? Alchemist? Bitch, please.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 7:35 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Pray For Me>>>>>>>>>>>>

Get Away>>>>>>>>>>>

Burn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kill That>>>>>>>>>>>>

These are 4 of the highlights on this album, I agree.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 7:36 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Pray For Me>>>>>>>>>>>>

Get Away>>>>>>>>>>>

Burn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kill That>>>>>>>>>>>>

I agree on this one Terry.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 7:38 pm

Jeff wrote:
Esco wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Burn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I've always loved Burn, and I also like Get Away and a few other tracks on there (like the Scott Storch track at the end of the album...can't remember what it's called though). The only thing about Infamy I really don't care for is how P just randomly throws out Jay-Z disses, and Havoc easily outshines him on the mic for the whole cd. On AN, Prodigy gets back on track a little bit, but the beats there are just outstanding. Kanye West? Lil Jon? Alchemist? Bitch, please.

The song you're referring to that was produced by Storch is "There I Go Again" w/ Ron Isley. I also cosign on your comments about P throwing out the Jay-Z disses, and Havoc does outshine him more often than not on this album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 7:53 pm

I thought Havoc outshined P on both albums for the most part. But P sounded doper on AN than Infamy.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeFri 05 Nov 2010, 9:35 am

Jeff wrote:
Esco wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Burn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hmm, I guess personal preference. I have Hell On Earth rated 5 stars, I just don't think AN is anywhere near close to that. There's some good tracks, Got It Twisted, Win or Lose, its just too subpar for me.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeFri 05 Nov 2010, 1:13 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Pray For Me>>>>>>>>>>>>

Get Away>>>>>>>>>>>

Burn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kill That>>>>>>>>>>>>

Infamy was far from soft. Are we listening to the same album? Infamy has two soft songs on it and thats Handcuffs and Hey Luv.

Infamy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hell On Earth

I never said it was a "soft" album. It's just not as hard as the other mobb albums that everyone loves.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeFri 05 Nov 2010, 10:59 pm

Amerikaz's Nightmare for me...but you can't ignore the songs that are good on Infamy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeFri 05 Nov 2010, 11:06 pm

Kev you're crazy dude. I can understand someone liking Infamy better than AN even though I disagree, but Infamy ain't fuckin with Hell On Earth on ANY level. HOE is a straight up classic.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitimeFri 05 Nov 2010, 11:33 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Kev you're crazy dude. I can understand someone liking Infamy better than AN even though I disagree, but Infamy ain't fuckin with Hell On Earth on ANY level. HOE is a straight up classic.

I cosign here. NOTHING on Infamy is better than anything on Hell On Earth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare   Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Infamy vs. Amerikaz Nightmare
Page 1 of 1