Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2

Go down 
+2
T. Myers
Wayne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2 Empty
PostSubject: Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2   Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 9:38 pm

Well, I'm probably the only one on the forum who copped this one (lol), either way, this is a 4 star album from Banks. Not better than the first Hunger For More, but WORLD'S better than Rotten Apple.

Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2 HFM2Cover
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2   Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 9:39 pm

Did it leave you hungry?
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2   Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 9:40 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Did it leave you hungry?

Lol.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2   Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 10:55 am

This is a 3.5 star album. It's very uneven and inconsistent. It does have it's high points though. Beamer, Benz, or Bentley, Father Time, and Sooner Or Later are great tracks.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2   Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 12:37 pm

I agree with Terry--I'd say it was in 3 to 3.5 star territory. It's a generally agreeable record but ultimately somewhat forgettable. And this is coming from a guy who absolutely LOVED the original "Hunger for More."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2   Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 6:33 pm

I've been spinnin the Kanye album so much that I completely forgot about this. I'll give it a listen.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2   Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 7:40 pm

After another listen to this, I can agree with the 3.5 star rating also. Not sure why I initially rated it at 4 stars so early, but it's defintely 3.5 and nothing higher.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2   Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 7:49 pm

Why even buy this album? This dude has always been run of the mil to me.

Oh and before Slang says something let me do it for him.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2   Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 7:50 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Slang Editoral:

Well I don't think he is run of mill. If you listen to him more he actually is better than you think.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2   Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 7:50 pm

All the tracks I've heard off of this love synths way too much
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2   Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 7:51 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Slang Editoral:

Well I don't think he is run of mill. If you listen to him more he actually is better than you think.

lol

Slang Editorial:

I worship Jim Tressel. Michigan sucks and is a joke. I hate Detroit. I hate Wu-Tang.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2   Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 11:48 pm

This is about 3.75 stars, not on the level of the original Hunger For More but definitely better than Rotten Apple just as Wayne said. There's some highlights here, but there's a few duds as well.

Lloyd Banks is a better lyricist than Fabolous though IMO. Fab isn't as dope album wise as he is on mixtapes and freestyles. Banks' debut smashes any Fab album.
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2   Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 9:38 pm

ctrx wrote:
I agree with Terry--I'd say it was in 3 to 3.5 star territory. It's a generally agreeable record but ultimately somewhat forgettable. And this is coming from a guy who absolutely LOVED the original "Hunger for More."

This is exactly how I felt when I heard this album. Word for word.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2   Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 9:39 am

I'll DL & burn this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2   Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More 2
Page 1 of 1