Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team

Go down 
+5
Shaun
Laced With Slang
Funk Seoul Brother
ACRID"
ctrx
9 posters
AuthorMessage

I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Empty
PostSubject: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 11:24 am

Just as I predicted.

Can Pat Riley come back and make them a team? My bet is they if they do pull a Van Gundy this season, one of the Treacherous Three leaves when a real coach expects teamwork out of them and doesn't treat them like Jesus playing basketball. Who was it that said the Magic couldn't compete with the Heat this year? I forget...I bet they forgot they said that, too.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 1:01 pm

My dad called me the other day laughing his ass off that the Heat cut Jerry Stackhouse to make room for Erick Dampier. I think he's expecting to see Kenny Anderson and Harold Miner suit up at this rate.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 1:13 pm

3 Heat wont beat a 3Peat.

LAKERS>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 1:24 pm

Yeah it pities me to say it but the Lakers are taking it this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 1:39 pm

The funniest thing about the Stackhouse/Dampier shit was they were both on the 2006 Mavs team that lost to the Heat in the finals - did the Heat really expect them to help them win the title 5 years later?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 2:03 pm

Dampier fucking sucks

Heat suck

Knicks have as many wins as the Heat, LMAO
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 2:06 pm

Haters
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 2:41 am

The Pacers are back and will take the title. King James should have stayed in Cleveland. There was no chance of him getting a title there,too, but atleast he'll still have his honor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 9:44 am

Jeff wrote:
Just as I predicted.

Can Pat Riley come back and make them a team? My bet is they if they do pull a Van Gundy this season, one of the Treacherous Three leaves when a real coach expects teamwork out of them and doesn't treat them like Jesus playing basketball. Who was it that said the Magic couldn't compete with the Heat this year? I forget...I bet they forgot they said that, too.

If you're gonna take shots, take them directly....not that subliminal bullshit.

Yes I did say that, but keep in mind that this is the REGULAR SEASON and during the reg season anything can happen on any given night. The previous time that Miami played Orlando the Heat won by 20+ points.

Also keep in mind that I'm not a Heat fan in the slightest. I didn't even pick them to win the championship. That said, I don't feel that the Magic can beat them in a 7 game series. I could be wrong but that's my opinion.

As for Riley coming back, it'll happen should they fail to win the title this year just like it did with Van Gundy (although I feel they could have won it with Stan as well) but none of those guys will leave. In fact, Riley was one of the reasons why Lebron chose Miami.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 9:48 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
Dampier fucking sucks

Heat suck

Knicks have as many wins as the Heat, LMAO

I feel that the Knicks are 1-2 players away from being a really good team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 9:52 am

Cise wrote:

I think the Celtics have what it takes to beat them.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 10:54 am

Obviously, Miami has not lived up to the hyoe, but they are not even a quarter of the way through the season. Also, if time has shown us anything, the NBA regular season is the least important of the 4 major sports(especially compared to football and baseball). Can we at least wait until May or June before we start bashing and/or praising them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:01 am

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Cise wrote:

I think the Celtics have what it takes to beat them.

Completely agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:02 am

T. Myers wrote:
Obviously, Miami has not lived up to the hyoe, but they are not even a quarter of the way through the season. Also, if time has shown us anything, the NBA regular season is the least important of the 4 major sports(especially compared to football and baseball). Can we at least wait until May or June before we start bashing and/or praising them?

NO. I couldn't even wait for the season to begin to start bashing them. And LMAO at Bosh's "I'm happy we're struggling" comments.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:10 am

T. Myers wrote:

lol what? I would say the regular season is baseball and football seems to matter less than basketball. What i mean by this is that it seems th team with the best record in the NBA wins the title far more often than the team with the best record in the MLB or NFL...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:34 am

Fuck LeBron Scames.....this shit couldn't have happened to a better person man

you should have came to NYC and joined up with A'mare stupid....believe me there is no one in south florida right now who is blaming D.Wade for the Heat not playing well...it's all your fault LeBron....lmao

GO KNICKS!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:44 am

Uh, he should have went to Chicago or stayed in Cleveland...if he went to NYC he'd still be on a .500 team...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:45 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

lol what? I would say the regular season is baseball and football seems to matter less than basketball. What i mean by this is that it seems th team with the best record in the NBA wins the title far more often than the team with the best record in the MLB or NFL...

I would say that the regular season in the NBA and MLB are similiar in terms of importance, but neither come close to the NFL because there's less margin of error in football. You can go on a somewhat lengthy losing streak in the NBA or MLB and still make the playoffs, even win a championship, but in the NFL it often leads to a teams demise.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:47 am

^ yes and no. I agree the NFL is more important in terms of MAKING the playoffs, but once the playoffs start the best regular season teams in the NBA win far more than any other sport
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:47 am

Jeff wrote:
Uh, he should have went to Chicago or stayed in Cleveland...if he went to NYC he'd still be on a .500 team...

I disagree with that, the Knicks have been playing above expectations. They're currently a .500 team so Lebron would only make them better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:50 am

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Jeff wrote:

I disagree with that, the Knicks have been playing above expectations. They're currently a .500 team so Lebron would only make them better.

That's what the Heat thought...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:54 am

D.Powell wrote:
Fuck LeBron Scames.....this shit couldn't have happened to a better person man

you should have came to NYC and joined up with A'mare stupid....believe me there is no one in south florida right now who is blaming D.Wade for the Heat not playing well...it's all your fault LeBron....lmao

GO KNICKS!!!

Yep, I said that from the very beginning and he will be the fall guy should the Heat fail to win a championship.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 2:46 pm

KJ doesn't watch much basketball. It's all in his posts...

The NBA regular season matters the most of the 4 major sports. Hockey and baseball regular seasons matter the least. Football is somewhere in the middle.

It may be too early to judge the Heat right now, but when so many people are on their dicks, it's never too soon to push the panic button when that massive bandwagon so much as looks like it's going off course...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 3:15 pm

Norfeest wrote:
KJ doesn't watch much basketball. It's all in his posts...

The NBA regular season matters the most of the 4 major sports. Hockey and baseball regular seasons matter the least. Football is somewhere in the middle.

You're just a condescending jackass who thinks that you know everything. You don't know what I watch. I watch basketball, but the quality of play isn't what it used to be hence my interest isn't what it used to be, but I haven't stopped watching the sport.

The NBA regular season meaning the most?? That's absolutely LAUGHABLE!! You've got under .500 teams making the playoffs in the NBA. That doesn't happen in any other sport. Not to mention that two years in a row, the Cleveland Cavaliers finished with the best record in the league, yet didn't get to the finals either time.

Whereas in the NFL, you can go 10-6 and still end up missing the playoffs. The 2008 Pats went 11-5 and didn't get to the postseason. Every game matters in the NFL. While the teams with the best records don't always win, the same can be said for every sport. But since the NFL season is the shortest there's a much smaller margin of error. One game could end up costing you a playoff berth, and you've gotta make the playoffs in order to have a shot at the championship.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 3:28 pm

Wow...can you explain the need for name calling? I've been trying to avoid that, in case you haven't noticed. I guess you have to do something when you put that foot in your mouth so often, huh?

I don't think I know everything...I just shut the fuck up and try to learn something when I don't know what I'm talking about. You should try it some time since you're wrong more often than not. And quit making assumptions; it's juvenile.

Here's the thing you fail to understand...the record doesn't mean as much as the positioning. If under .500 gets you 5th place in the conference, then it doesn't matter that the record is a losing one. That team is in...the...playoffs... They have a shot at making noise. You're stuck on wins and losses...pay attention to positioning, dude. And every game does not matter in the NFL. Ask Joe Gibbs, Tony Dungy or any team in good enough position to drop a game or two in order for their teams to rest up for the playoffs. That's all any regular season in any sport is about...playoff positioning.

Things like this really shouldn't have to be explained to you, KJ. You're a grown fuckin' man... smh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 5:45 pm

Dude, it was YOU that made the ASSUMPTION that I don't watch much basketball. And you know what they say about those who assume, but to make a long story short your assumption is way off.

As for the topic at hand, I see your points but you fail to see mine. The NBA regular season isn't the most important because it's so long and there's a lot more playoff positions available than in the NFL. A four or five game losing streak in the NBA isn't that big of a deal because there's 82 games on the schedule so it gives you much more time to recover for that. Whereas if you lose 4-5 games in a row in the NFL that can (and usually will) cause disaster because that's only a 16 game schedule.

As for being good enough to sit your players near the end of the season, that happens in every sport. Kobe usually doesn't play the last few games of the regular season unless homecourt advantage is on the line. Same goes for the Big 4 in Boston, and if they do it's for limited minutes. The difference though is that in football they usually only sit out the last game. Whereas in basketball players who've either clinched the conference or their division and can't move up or down in the standings will take it easy for a number of games before the playoffs begin. The Heat are kinda struggling right now but they'll bounce back once they learn to play together, and they have almost 5 months to do so.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 7:14 pm

I didn't assume anything. I said it was all...in...your...posts... Pay attention.

And you still can't explain why you resort to name calling, can you? Most people do it when their argument has no legs to stand on. It's okay to say you're wrong...

I know that resting happens in every sport. I'm not the one that said every NFL game matters, though...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 7:21 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

4 baseball teams make the playoffs in each league. 6 teams make the playoffs in the NFL. 8 teams make the playoffs in the NBA. You do the math. The ultimate goal is to make the playoffs and win a championship. It is easier to make the NBA playoffs than it is to make the MLB or NFL playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:06 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

4 baseball teams make the playoffs in each league. 6 teams make the playoffs in the NFL. 8 teams make the playoffs in the NBA. You do the math. The ultimate goal is to make the playoffs and win a championship. It is easier to make the NBA playoffs than it is to make the MLB or NFL playoffs.

i understand that i wasnt speaking on that i was speaking on the fact that usually only the top 4 teams do anything in the playoffs anyway. So i was implying that if Miami has a shitty regular season i dont see how people can assume they would be so much better in the playoffs. Boston last yr was still a top 4 team if im not mistaken. Anyone below that USUALLY doesnt go anywhere and Miami may not finish top 4 in the east.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 12:18 am

Norfeest wrote:
I didn't assume anything. I said it was all...in...your...posts... Pay attention.

And you still can't explain why you resort to name calling, can you? Most people do it when their argument has no legs to stand on. It's okay to say you're wrong...

I know that resting happens in every sport. I'm not the one that said every NFL game matters, though...

1. Yes you did. You ASSUMED that I don't watch much basketball. I do watch it, it's just that I don't like it as much as football or baseball nowadays. There's a difference. College basketball trumps today's NBA IMO.

2. As for the name calling, maybe I went overboard with that but at the same time I wouldn't have to resort to doing so if you weren't pigeonholing me every time I post.

3. The fact that it's possible to go 10-6 (and in rare cases, 11-5) and not make the playoffs speaks volumes as to how important the NFL regular season is. If you win 50 games in the West you're gonna get in, whereas you can go under .500 in the Eastern Conference and have a shot. There's a much smaller margin of error in the NFL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 12:27 am

You act like 8-8 and 9-7 teams don't ever make the NFL playoffs...everything is pretty even to me - just different sports.

You got 16 NFL games - 162 MLB games - 82 NBA games.

What does that say? An NFL game is equivalent to 10 MLB games and 5 NBA games - does that make the NFL regular season more important? No, just shorter.

You talk about how much more important each game is in the NFL - well how bout how important it is to go weeks on end, back to back games, non stop without giving up or flattening out in the MLB or NBA?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 12:37 am

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Norfeest wrote:

1. Yes you did. You ASSUMED that I don't watch much basketball. I do watch it, it's just that I don't like it as much as football or baseball nowadays. There's a difference. College basketball trumps today's NBA IMO.

2. As for the name calling, maybe I went overboard with that but at the same time I wouldn't have to resort to doing so if you weren't pigeonholing me every time I post.

3. The fact that it's possible to go 10-6 (and in rare cases, 11-5) and not make the playoffs speaks volumes as to how important the NFL regular season is. If you win 50 games in the West you're gonna get in, whereas you can go under .500 in the Eastern Conference and have a shot. There's a much smaller margin of error in the NFL.

not always true, the last year Baron was with the Warriors they won 49 games and EVEN IF they won 50 they wouldnt have got in
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 12:38 am

and basketball >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>baseball (i need about 8 million more >'s)

also, college basketball isnt touching the NBA, the quality of play is disgusting compared to the NBA. I love the tournament but on a nightly basis the NBA is way better on these eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 12:42 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
You act like 8-8 and 9-7 teams don't ever make the NFL playoffs...everything is pretty even to me - just different sports.

You got 16 NFL games - 162 MLB games - 82 NBA games.

What does that say? An NFL game is equivalent to 10 MLB games and 5 NBA games - does that make the NFL regular season more important? No, just shorter.

You talk about how much more important each game is in the NFL - well how bout how important it is to go weeks on end, back to back games, non stop without giving up or flattening out in the MLB or NBA?

Never said that 8-8 and 9-7 teams don't make it, but they're not guaranteed to make it. 8-8 teams only make it when a division or conference is weak that year, but that's rare.

The fact that the NFL season is shorter means that you don't have as much time to make adjustments if your team is struggling. It's important to go weeks on end in the MLB and NBA without giving up or flattening out, however if someone gets injured or is struggling you have more time to make trades if necessary. The Pistons made a trade for Rasheed Wallace in 2004 and it resulted in them winning a championship. Not that they were a bad team, but had they not made that mid-season move they wouldn't have won the title. They probably would have lost in the Eastern Conference Finals to Indiana that year. Or how bout MLB when your Rangers traded for Cliff Lee, that move got them to the World Series. It's rare that you see those types of midseason moves in the NFL. The only one I can think of off the top of my head was the Moss trade and that didn't work out for either the Vikings or the Titans thus far.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 12:48 am

You really make no sense here. In the NFL you have a week between games. The seasons run four months. MLB and NBA run 8 months with multiple times as many games crammed in that time. What is easier. Making an adjustment with a week in between games or having to adjust game by game constantly trying to get it right? The trades to me are irrelevant - each league has difference making trades occasionally mid season... that has nothing to do with what is more difficult.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 12:50 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
and basketball >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>baseball (i need about 8 million more >'s)

also, college basketball isnt touching the NBA, the quality of play is disgusting compared to the NBA. I love the tournament but on a nightly basis the NBA is way better on these eyes

My biggest issue with the NBA is the lack of parity. It's always only about 2-3 teams every year that look and play like they're worthy of holding the championship. That used to not be the case. Even in the 90's when the Bulls were winning all those titles, there was almost always that moment save for 1997 when it looked like someone could potentially beat them, but Jordan pulled them out of a jam.

I really wanted the Cavs to win a championship with Lebron. Not that I'm the biggest Cavs or Lebron fan, but I'm sick of seeing the Lakers and Celtics every year. I liked the Spurs, but they're aging now, and everyone else looks like pretenders.

At least in college b-ball there's parity. There's a bunch of teams that you can make an argument for winning the title, not so much in the NBA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 12:55 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
You really make no sense here. In the NFL you have a week between games. The seasons run four months. MLB and NBA run 8 months with multiple times as many games crammed in that time. What is easier. Making an adjustment with a week in between games or having to adjust game by game constantly trying to get it right? The trades to me are irrelevant - each league has difference making trades occasionally mid season... that has nothing to do with what is more difficult.

I don't see what's so hard to understand. In the NBA and MLB you have a lot more time to make adjustments, you don't have as much time in the NBA. I've seen teams in basketball and baseball go on lengthy losing streaks and then rally back to go deep in the playoffs and even win championships. I'm willing to bet that the Heat, despite their current struggles, gets to at least the Eastern Conference finals. They just need to learn to play together as a team. In a 16 team season however, it's much more difficult to make those adjustments because time isn't on your side as much as the other sports.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 12:56 am

an 8th seed just beat a 1 seed in the NBA like 3 years ago
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 12:59 am

after the lakers 3peat the heat, spurs, pistons, celtics, lakers, and the mavericks, magic, cavaliers, and Nets have all made it to the finals in that 8 year span
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 1:11 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
an 8th seed just beat a 1 seed in the NBA like 3 years ago

The playoffs that year were bangin save for the Finals. but the last couple years they've been shitty overall. The only great playoff series you saw was the Celtics/Bulls that went to 7 games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 1:17 am

You are making no sense and fighting a losing battle KJ.

a 3 game losing streak the NFL is equivalent to a 30 game losing streak in MLB - show me how many teams have lost 30 straight in the MLB and made the playoffs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 1:25 am

I ain't fightin a losing battle, it's just that everything I say to you goes in one ear and out the other. I'm making perfect fucking sense, you just ain't gettin it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 1:27 am

I just asked you a question - answer it or shut the fuck up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 2:31 am

It was an idiotic question. A 3 game losing streak in the NFL DOES NOT equal to a 30 game losing streak in MLB. Not even close.

There haven't been very many 30 game losing streaks in history so I don't see how you can make that comparison.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 3:09 am

According to the idiotic comparisons YOU choose to make KJ, a 3 game losing streak in the NFL is equivalent to a 30 game losing streak in the MLB. You have to compare apples to apples. For each game in the NFL there are 10 games in the MLB. Those are your comparisons there. You can't pick and choose.

You provide no proof to show me why a 30 game losing streak in the MLB is not equivalent to a 3 game losing streak in the MLB. When you choose to do so then you can talk - otherwise, shut the fuck up. Even in a time comparison, I would bet money you have more teams in the NFL that have lost for 3 weeks to a month straight and come back to make the playoffs than MLB teams who have lost for 3 weeks to a month straight and then made the playoffs.

You have nothing to back up your own perceptions.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 4:14 am

KJ, I agreed with a lot of what you said earlier in the thread, but SRP makes a real good point there...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 7:20 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
According to the idiotic comparisons YOU choose to make KJ, a 3 game losing streak in the NFL is equivalent to a 30 game losing streak in the MLB. You have to compare apples to apples. For each game in the NFL there are 10 games in the MLB. Those are your comparisons there. You can't pick and choose.

You provide no proof to show me why a 30 game losing streak in the MLB is not equivalent to a 3 game losing streak in the MLB. When you choose to do so then you can talk - otherwise, shut the fuck up. Even in a time comparison, I would bet money you have more teams in the NFL that have lost for 3 weeks to a month straight and come back to make the playoffs than MLB teams who have lost for 3 weeks to a month straight and then made the playoffs.

You have nothing to back up your own perceptions.

It's not equivalent because 30 game losing streaks don't happen very often. If you can't see that then there's something wrong with you. Not to mention that a 3 game losing streak in the NFL doesn't necessarily kill your season. I could see a 4 game losing streak doing that, but not 3. I believe the Saints lost their last 3 regular season games last season (one of which they threw) yet they ended up winning the Super Bowl.

Not to mention that NFL teams only play once a week, whereas baseball teams play 6-7 times a week. So there's no comparison there whatsoever.

Therefore, it's YOU that needs to shut the fuck up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team   I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am thankful for The Heat not being able to play as a team
Page 1 of 1