Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts on the Heat

Go down 
+4
Shaun
Half
Esco
Purple Haze
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

Thoughts on the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 11:15 am

After watching the Heat's first three games, what do you guys think of the team and their chances of winning the East?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 11:34 am

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Magic? Boston? Actual TEAMS and not a collection of egos? Heat will probably get their shit together sometime after the All Star break but I doubt it'll be enough to pull the out of the shitter.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 2:24 pm

Well that collection of egos just beat the shit out of the magic.. and Lebron's the only one that fits "egotistical" cause that definitely ain't DWade. and how is after the allstar break too late? in 06 the heat were struggling before 1/2 way through the sseason and look at the outcome.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 2:29 pm

The Heat will be good this year. Say otherwise and you are an idiot, plain and simple. Will they get into the NBA Finals? Probably not. I definitely see them entering the Playoffs though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 2:35 pm

Esco wrote:
Well that collection of egos just beat the shit out of the magic.. and Lebron's the only one that fits "egotistical" cause that definitely ain't DWade. and how is after the allstar break too late? in 06 the heat were struggling before 1/2 way through the sseason and look at the outcome.

One game, buddy. I fully expect them to be really inconsistent and have at least one significant injury to their trio before we hit halfway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 2:40 pm

The Celtics are the Heat's only competition in the East, and those two teams along with the Lakers are the only ones with any real chance of winning the championship. The Magic live and die off Dwight Howard's production. If you shut him down, you beat them.

I'd love to see the Thunder win it all, but they're too inexperienced.

The above fact is the reason why I don't like the NBA as much as NFL, MMA, or MLB. There's no competitive balance at all. 27 out of the 30 teams are just filler.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 2:44 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
The Celtics are the Heat's only competition in the East, and those two teams along with the Lakers are the only ones with any real chance of winning the championship. The Magic live and die off Dwight Howard's production. If you shut him down, you beat them.

The above fact is the reason why I don't like the NBA as much as NFL, MMA, or MLB. There's no competitive balance at all. 27 out of the 30 teams are just filler.

You're definitely understating the quality of some NBA teams there.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 2:54 pm

Jeff wrote:
Esco wrote:

One game, buddy. I fully expect them to be really inconsistent and have at least one significant injury to their trio before we hit halfway.

Yea, but kicking a good contending teams ass, isn't nothing. I know its early in the season, but still, it proves a point. and 1 injury won't do shit. So far its been either dwade or lebron scoring 25+ points while the other 2 hit around 15. If one gets injured whether it be lebron or wade, the other is going to be dropping 20+ and Bosh will drop about 15 and then someone else will step up and fill those missing points. Its all about chemistry, they're not playing selfish and once they become more comfortable with each other, I think that's when then their true potential will come out.. Watch out for the Heat, Im telling you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 3:22 pm

Half wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

You're definitely understating the quality of some NBA teams there.

Who else besides the Lakers, Celtics, or Heat do you see winning the championship?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 3:24 pm

The Finals will be Miami vs. Phoenix. And there is no bias involved in that claim, whatsoever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 3:26 pm

Shaun wrote:
The Finals will be Miami vs. Phoenix. And there is no bias involved in that claim, whatsoever.

BULLSHIT, we all know you're a Suns fan. If the Suns couldn't reach the Finals with better teams they had in the past, they sure ain't gettin there now.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 3:43 pm

lol... I know. A boy can dream, though, can't she?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 5:28 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:

your statements are so wrong its a joke

first of all the Magic do not live and die by Dwight Howard at all. Usually its the opposite. The Magic are one of the best shooting teams in the NBA as well as one of the best defensive teams. Dwight Howard has simply never had an offensive game, so unless you are reffering to shutting him down on defense (which doesnt make sense) than your argument makes no sense. The Magic live and die by their shooters, NOT Howard, they dont need Howard to carry that big of a load on offense...as long as hes getting 15-20 and drawing the attention of the other team thats all they need.

also, the NBA has a lot of good teams and competitive balance now much more than ever before. Sure everyones crowning the Lakers to win the west already but there could be some surprises depending on trades. Also, the east seemingly has 3 teams with a good shot to make the finals. The West has like 6 50 win teams, that kind of winning among one cnference was never the case before. There are a lot of good teams as talent is spread out much more these days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 5:57 pm

Shaun wrote:
lol... I know. A boy can dream, though, can't she?

LOL she??? Are you a hermie Shaun? Or should I say Shona?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 6:05 pm

smh. It was a joke. lol

"The West has like 6 50 win teams, that kind of winning among one cnference was never the case before."

8*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 6:06 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

your statements are so wrong its a joke

first of all the Magic do not live and die by Dwight Howard at all. Usually its the opposite. The Magic are one of the best shooting teams in the NBA as well as one of the best defensive teams. Dwight Howard has simply never had an offensive game, so unless you are reffering to shutting him down on defense (which doesnt make sense) than your argument makes no sense. The Magic live and die by their shooters, NOT Howard, they dont need Howard to carry that big of a load on offense...as long as hes getting 15-20 and drawing the attention of the other team thats all they need.

also, the NBA has a lot of good teams and competitive balance now much more than ever before. Sure everyones crowning the Lakers to win the west already but there could be some surprises depending on trades. Also, the east seemingly has 3 teams with a good shot to make the finals. The West has like 6 50 win teams, that kind of winning among one cnference was never the case before. There are a lot of good teams as talent is spread out much more these days.

2 years ago the Magic just barely got past the Celtics in the playoffs WITHOUT Kevin Garnett in the lineup. Last year Boston owned them because Kendrick Perkins and Rasheed Wallace were doing a number on Howard. Yeah, the Magic have shooters but none of them were better than Turkoglu, who they foolishly didn't re-sign and then picked up Vince Carter, who was awful in the Celtic series. They don't match up well with the Heat, and they match up even WORSE with the Celtics.

More competitive balance than in the past??? C'Mon Son! GTFOH with that bullshit. Did you see the playoffs last year?? Only ONE SERIES went to seven games, and most of the ones that went to 6 could have been put away sooner. The West does have a lot of 50 win teams, but none of them can see the Lakers UNLESS Kobe or Gasol gets hurt in the playoffs. As I stated before, I'd like to see the Thunder win it all, but they're too young and inexperienced to beat the Lakers in a 7 game series, and they're the 2nd best team in the West. I hope I'm wrong about what I'm saying, but the NBA hasn't been all that competitive since about 2006 or so, at least not during the playoffs. I'd take March Madness over the NBA playoffs anyday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 6:06 pm

Shaun wrote:
smh. It was a joke. lol

LOL I know, was just givin you shit.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 6:45 pm

people are so quick to dismiss Houston in all of this, sure they are 0-2 but they can play...im saying this now for the record
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 7:01 pm

I think the Heat have the potential to be one of the top two teams in the league. The question in my mind though is can they find their identity soon enough to make this thing work. Whether or not they go all the way, they are gonna be hell for any team they face. True story.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 8:25 pm

My thoughts on the Heat are...the NBA is boring to me.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 9:26 pm

I see the Heat winning 55 in the regular season and then doing damage in the playoffs. They will have chemistry problems, I don't think Spoelstra is a great coach, and their lack of depth will hinder them consistently. At the end of the day though they have two of the five or six best "lower the shoulder and score at will" players of my lifetime, which will win them close games.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSun 31 Oct 2010, 4:51 am

The Heat are overrated in the sense that people are so eager for LBJ to win a ring and justify the hype that they give that team way too much credit. Are they going to be good? Of course, but they won't get past Boston and I think that Orlando will factor in the decision more than folks think (despite the ass kicking they received). It's the first week of the season; the teams you see now will look and play differently when all 82 games are out of the way.

I got Miami getting booted out of the semi or conference finals. They'll be able to get away with such a weak bench (Big Z? Juwan Howard? LMAO) because there simply ain't that much comp for them in the east, but I doubt that the bench holds up in a 7 game series against an elite squad. Outside of Boston or Orlando, I don't think there's a team in the conference that stands a chance though (Chicago has an outside shot with a healthy Boozer).

They won't win it all this year, I don't think, but they'll be nasty next season with a year to gel under their belts...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitimeSun 31 Oct 2010, 5:04 pm

lmao @ Juwan Howard. Dude is like 50
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Heat   Thoughts on the Heat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the Heat
Page 1 of 1