Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 6:45 pm

Jeff wrote:
Seriously, KJ?

Would you call a black dude from Iowa Cornfed? Doubtful...

Sure I would, I call some black southerners Bamas.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 6:53 pm

N3R0 is insinuating that black people don't eat corn. Racist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 6:59 pm

Shaun wrote:
N3R0 is insinuating that black people don't eat corn. Racist.

LMAO!!!! But nah he's not doing that. I eat the hell out of corn on the cob!
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 10:15 pm

Where's Trotter when you need him?

Oh, wait...he's in Indiana, isn't he?
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 10:04 am

Jeff wrote:
Of course the dude can't pick beats, his musical tastes in general suck.

Source:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For the latest issue of Rolling Stone, they selected a total of 50 artists to create their own playlists. One of those artists included was Nasir, as he picked out some of his greatest songs of all-time. Hit the jump to check what made his list:

1. “My Downfall” – Notorious B.I.G., 1997

The lyrics are about how he’s acing the shadows of death, despite all of his success, and he’s giving it to you in a way that makes it seem so real.

2. “If My Homie Calls” – 2pac, 1991

He’s just saying to his boys that he’s going to be a friend no matter how big he gets.

3. “Road To The Riches” – Kool G. Rap & DJ Polo, 1989

The way we’re rhyming now? He was already doing it then .

4. “A Bird In The Hand” – Ice Cube, 1991

5. “Paid In Full” – Eric B. & Rakim, 1987

6. “I’m Single” – Lil Wayne, 2010

I’m recently divorced, so I feel what he’s saying.

7. “Tears of Joy” – Rick Ross, 2010

Ross is at the pulpit here.

8 “The Moment I Feared” – Slick Rick, 1988

It’s cinematic. He’s at a hip-hop show and ices this girl who played him, then he’s in prison getting violated by some dude. This was unheard of.

9. “Empire State of Mind” – Jay-Z, 2009

This song is huge. It sounds like Broadway. It’s New York’s modern anthem.

10. “Queen Bitch” – Lil’ Kim, 1996

At the time, females rappers didn’t appeal to the street, but Kim came with the vulgarity, sexuality and gangster shit.

He can't be serious. With the exception of #2, #3, & #5.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 10:09 am

Jeff wrote:
10. “Queen Bitch” – Lil’ Kim, 1996

At the time, females rappers didn’t appeal to the street, but Kim came with the vulgarity, sexuality and gangster shit.

Shante? MC Lyte??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 8:29 pm

ONE nas stan, errr, fan has some sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2