Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BCS Bowl Games

Go down 
+3
Laced With Slang
Myestro
T. Myers
7 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 1:50 pm

Who ya got?

BCS Title Game
Oregon vs. Auburn

Rose Bowl
TCU vs Wisconsin

Fiesta Bowl
Oklahoma vs. UConn

Sugar Bowl
Ohio State vs. Arkansas

Orange Bowl
Stanford vs. Va Tech
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 1:54 pm

Oregon

TCU

OK (LMFAO)

Oh St

Va Tech
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 1:57 pm

Yeah, UConn has no business in a BCS Game(sorry KJ), but those are the rules.
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 1:59 pm

Yup...we need playoffs and bad

Couldn't those companies just sponsor the individual games or something?
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 2:34 pm

yeah.. uconn? the fuck...
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 2:39 pm

and IMO they're even worse than their record shows...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 2:45 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
yeah.. uconn? the fuck...

Yep, they won a BCS Conference so they are entitled to a BCS game. They're like the NFC West of the NCAA BCS Confernces
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 2:55 pm

The Chiefs are 8-4 you cocksucker.
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 2:56 pm

Chiefs are AFC West. Dummy.

And I know they get a BCS, but its bullshit... people talk all year about whether Boise State or TCU deserve a BCS bid... and then automatically let in a lame ass team because of rules...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 2:57 pm

LOL, silly Jeff.
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 3:03 pm

Dammit. Who's AFC West? Is that the Seahawks division?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 3:05 pm

no, the Seahawks are the NFC West
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 3:07 pm

N3ro is like a girl when it comes to sports... unless it is wrestling... then he is an expert in naked men grappling.
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 4:50 pm

T. Myers wrote:

UConn won the Big East so they do deserve it. They may not be the most talented team in the country but the last 5 weeks they've been on fire. Oklahoma's lost their last 5 or so BCS games so you never know what could happen.
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 4:54 pm

Uconn definitely has a chance to beat OK... but so would acorn state...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 4:56 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

UConn won the Big East so they do deserve it. They may not be the most talented team in the country but the last 5 weeks they've been on fire. Oklahoma's lost their last 5 or so BCS games so you never know what could happen.

So, you're going to tell me UConn is more deserving than Michigan State? more deserving than Boise State? UConn does not belong at all. Let me ask you this. Will the winner of the NFC West be a more deserving playoff team over the Giants? Bucs? Packer? Saints?
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 5:35 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

So, you're going to tell me UConn is more deserving than Michigan State? more deserving than Boise State? UConn does not belong at all. Let me ask you this. Will the winner of the NFC West be a more deserving playoff team over the Giants? Bucs? Packer? Saints?

Boise State lost a game in a conference EASIER than the Big East so they definitely deserve it over them. They're not as good as Michigan State, but the Spartans out of conference schedule was weak so that hurt them. Not to mention that they didn't play Ohio State.

And you cannot make the comparison with the NFC West, because UConn wasn't under .500. The winner of the NFC West could very well end up that way.

I'm not a fan of the BCS, but if the Big East winner gets a conference bid then they deserve to be there. Until a playoff system is in effect, college football is and always will be flawed.
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 5:36 pm

Boise state would wipe the floor with Uconn.. they beat all their quality opponents and had one bad game all season...
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 5:37 pm

They lost one game, UConn lost FOUR.
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 5:44 pm

DOESN'T MATTER! Until college football gets a playoff system it's gonna be flawed. This is why college basketball>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>college football.

I have zero sympathy for Boise State. When your FG kicker misses two chip shots against a team you should have blown out, you don't deserve to go to a BCS game.

And Jeff, I already conceded that Mich St is a better team so I don't know why you're arguing with me. If the Big Ten had a conference tournament, then maybe they might have gotten in. They don't, so they're a victim of circumstance. The Big East DOES have a conference tourney and UConn won it, hence their BCS Bid.
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 5:47 pm

They will next year...and so will the Pac 10. The system is just gonna get more fucked up.
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 5:53 pm

In the games I got...

Auburn (Cam Newton shits on all his critics and wins the National Championship, could be an all time great game)

TCU (best defense in the country vs best running game in the country. I'm going with the defense)

UConn (Oklahoma's got BCS-itis. If I'm wrong with this pick then so be it, but I'm going with my Huskies)

Ohio St (I want Arkansas to win, but Pryor is the 2nd best QB in the country so he'll lead them to victory)

Stanford (I really like Andrew Luck, and the ACC is 2-10 in their last 12 BCS games)

Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 6:05 pm

Cam has no critics to his game... he just has critics to the fact he violated NCAA rules to get his family paid early...

And Boise state is a much better team... if you lose 4 games but win a tourney in a shitty conference you don't deserve a BCS bid.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 7:00 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Boise State lost a game in a conference EASIER than the Big East so they definitely deserve it over them. They're not as good as Michigan State, but the Spartans out of conference schedule was weak so that hurt them. Not to mention that they didn't play Ohio State.

And you cannot make the comparison with the NFC West, because UConn wasn't under .500. The winner of the NFC West could very well end up that way.

I'm not a fan of the BCS, but if the Big East winner gets a conference bid then they deserve to be there. Until a playoff system is in effect, college football is and always will be flawed.

Boise lost one game to a ranked opponent. Where is Michigan ranked? Temple? Rutgers? Louisville?

And the comparison to the NFC west is more than appropriate. Does someone in the NFC West have to make the playoffs? Yes. Will a more deserving team than be left out because of it? Yes! It's that simple.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 7:08 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Boise lost one game to a ranked opponent. Where is Michigan ranked? Temple? Rutgers? Louisville?

And the comparison to the NFC west is more than appropriate. Does someone in the NFC West have to make the playoffs? Yes. Will a more deserving team than be left out because of it? Yes! It's that simple.

Yup, UConn got beatdown by Michigan, so they deserve jack shit.
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 8:10 pm

I can't wait for Slang to get in on this thread lmfao.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 10:02 pm

Boise St would wipe the floor with everyone on that list, their only competition would be Oregon and Auburn, maybe TCU. Boise had one bad game and it cost them they just got too cocky and caught off guard

As for the games:

Oregon

TCU

Oklahoma (but i wouldnt be shocked if Uconn won just because i think the Big 12 is heavily heavily overrated, even so Uconn has no business here, Michigan held them to 10 points, lol)

Arkansas

Virginia Tech
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 12:36 am

YAWN!!!! Y'all can bitch and moan about UConn all y'all want. It ain't gonna change shit.

Boise plays in a weaker conference than UConn and didn't run the table so they're assed out. Michigan State's conference DOES NOT HAVE A CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT, UCONN'S DOES!

Bottom line....don't hate the player (UConn) hate the game (The BCS)
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 12:42 am

You can hate the player because the player used a flawed game to get something they don't deserve. No one isn't saying uconn didn't have a winning season or didn't deserve a nice bowl game against another 4 loss bowl team.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 1:00 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
You can hate the player because the player used a flawed game to get something they don't deserve. No one isn't saying uconn didn't have a winning season or didn't deserve a nice bowl game against another 4 loss bowl team.

Uconn doesnt control the rules, saying they dont deserve it is one thing but you cant blame them. They got in because of the system that every team uses
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 1:03 am

you can blame them for being a shit team in a supposed BIG conference. You can blame them for supposedly having more resources than smaller schools and getting BCS money but apparently not using it on recruiting or putting together a powerhouse FB program... need I go on?
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 9:04 am

Why are you blaming them? They didn't put themselves in the bowl game, THE BCS DID!!! The rules state that if you win a BCS conference, you go to a BCS Bowl game. Boise didn't do it so they're assed out, and their conference is WEAKER than the Big East.

The Big 10 doesn't have a conference tournament (which is inexcusable for a major conference) so Michigan State gets screwed. It's the BCS's fault, not UConn's.

What is UConn supposed to do, say "Oh we don't deserve this bid because the Big East is weak, give it to someone else" FUCK NO!!!! They've played great football over the last 5 weeks to get the spot. I bet you didn't bitch about George Mason's basketball team back in 2006 did ya Pedro? They went to the Final Four despite not even winning their conference and people were even saying that they shouldn't have made the tournament.

Until college football's postseason changes to a playoff format, these decisions are gonna continue so all you can do is live with it.

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 9:47 am

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Why are you blaming them? They didn't put themselves in the bowl game, THE BCS DID!!! The rules state that if you win a BCS conference, you go to a BCS Bowl game. Boise didn't do it so they're assed out, and their conference is WEAKER than the Big East.

Boise St does not play in a BCS Conference.
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 1:32 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

True, but had they won their conference championship game they'd be in a BCS Bowl.
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 1:32 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

True, but had they won their conference championship game they'd be in a BCS Bowl.
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 1:37 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
you can blame them for being a shit team in a supposed BIG conference. You can blame them for supposedly having more resources than smaller schools and getting BCS money but apparently not using it on recruiting or putting together a powerhouse FB program... need I go on?
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 1:41 pm

The only team I feel bad for is TCU, because they won all their games and aren't getting a shot at the title.
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 1:48 pm

in the end I don't feel bad for anyone... it's fucked up system. But I was just pointing out that you CAN blame the shitty teams in so called big conferences for having SHITTY teams. Just like every team in the NFC west can be blamed for their SHITTY selves and the fact either their management, ownership, coaches, and players have led them to this place despite being an NFL franchise with millions of dollars at their disposal.
Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 1:54 pm

As far as the NFL is concerned, I think that if a team has a losing record, they don't deserve to go to the playoffs whether they win their division or not. They should also have it that if you finish 8-8 or some bullshit like that, then you shouldn't get a home playoff game.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 1:59 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

1. I do not think the WAC has a conference championship game.
2. Winning their conference does not get them a BCS berth. If that were the case, Nevada would be in a BCS game. They had to go undefeated to get a BCS bowl game. They would have won their conference had they gone unbeaten, but what you are saying is something different.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 7:19 pm

Man, I'll be honest, I'm worried about the Sugar Bowl. I say we win...barely.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 9:01 pm

Jeff wrote:
Oregon

TCU

OK (LMFAO)

Oh St

Va Tech

My sentiments exactly...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 3:55 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
DOESN'T MATTER! Until college football gets a playoff system it's gonna be flawed. This is why college basketball>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>college football.

I have zero sympathy for Boise State. When your FG kicker misses two chip shots against a team you should have blown out, you don't deserve to go to a BCS game.

And Jeff, I already conceded that Mich St is a better team so I don't know why you're arguing with me. If the Big Ten had a conference tournament, then maybe they might have gotten in. They don't, so they're a victim of circumstance. The Big East DOES have a conference tourney and UConn won it, hence their BCS Bid.

The Big East DOES NOT have a conference tourney. The Big East has the same format as the Pac 10 and Big 10...no conference championship game. The SEC, Big 12 and ACC do. The only reason Michigan State didn't get in is because the BCS can't have 3 schools from 1 conference. Just sayin....
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 4:06 pm

BCS Title Game
Auburn

Rose Bowl
Wisconsin

Fiesta Bowl
Oklahoma

Sugar Bowl
Ohio State vs. Arkansas- Still undecided

Orange Bowl
Stanford
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 6:09 pm

gametheory91 wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

The Big East DOES NOT have a conference tourney. The Big East has the same format as the Pac 10 and Big 10...no conference championship game. The SEC, Big 12 and ACC do. The only reason Michigan State didn't get in is because the BCS can't have 3 schools from 1 conference. Just sayin....

its not that the BCS cant have 3 schools from the same conference, it can technically but they are hard pressed to give one conference all that money. But if for example, TCU was not there and Stanford had one more losses, MSU would actually have probably gotten the bid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BCS Bowl Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCS Bowl Games   BCS Bowl Games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BCS Bowl Games
Page 1 of 1