Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis

Go down 
+2
Funk Seoul Brother
Highsmith
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis Empty
PostSubject: Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis   Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 5:58 pm

The Wizards continue their history of bad trades. I understand what Gilbert did and why he was suspended, etc. However, if you look at their squad why would they acquire another jump shooter. Josh Howard may be back tonight and I am sure Blatche and Wall will also be back soon.
What does this move do for the future of the Wizards? and the Magic. I'll also do a thread for the 6 player trade between the Magic and the Suns.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis   Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 6:19 pm

Wizards shed a shit contract for a fecal one. Its like throwing a sponge into the ocean to save someone who is drowning. Shard might play a bit better if they start posting him more but I won't hold my breath. He has fallen so hard from grace following his Seattle days.

I always like Gilbert as a player. He had the moxy and ballstothewall attitude that is essential for a team leader... unfortunately he's a total asshat off the court but maybe his sugar daddy Otis Smith can give him a big hug to cheer him up.

Gilbert gives them their first legit big point getter since the T-Mac dark ages. He isn't even 100% and he seems to be putting up decent numbers. The Illusionists have 3 ball-handlers and you should see a myriad of PnR plays.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis   Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 4:34 am

AWFUL trade by the Wizards. I understand that they want John Wall to be their future, but they could have gotten far better for Agent Zero than Rashard Lewis.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis   Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 12:09 pm

Arenas is better than Lewis. He is not only a jumpshooter he is WAY better at getting to the rim than Lewis and can shoot as well as Lewis can. Arenas is also the most clutch player tha Magic have now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis   Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 2:45 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Arenas is better than Lewis. He is not only a jumpshooter he is WAY better at getting to the rim than Lewis and can shoot as well as Lewis can. Arenas is also the most clutch player tha Magic have now.

I agree totally.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis   Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 4:00 pm

Dumb fucking trade. Lewis is one dimensional to me. Barely gets any boards and all he does is spot up shoot. Whenever I see him on the court, he doesn't seem to be very athletic. Whatever, Magic got a good deal out of this trade.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis   Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 3:28 am

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
AWFUL trade by the Wizards. I understand that they want John Wall to be their future, but they could have gotten far better for Agent Zero than Rashard Lewis.

This trade was all about saving money. They can cut Rashard after 2012, and pay him 10 mil instead of paying him 22 mil. Arenas has a contract that last until 2014. The Wizards know they won't be able to get a lot back for Arenas. No team wants to trade valuable assets and absorb his horrendous contract. It's that simple, KJ.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis   Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 4:08 am

Yup Tran hit the nail on the head. ^
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis   Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 1:24 pm

Yep. It was totally a money move. Grunfeld really wanted Vince Carter's contract because his expires much sooner, but he couldn't make that happen. Rashard is simply a spot holder. His expiring contract will be used as trade bait at some point down the road or used to clear some cap space...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis   Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 1:37 pm

So Norf I'm waiting for you to make an obscene offer for Lewis. No hurry. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis   Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 1:40 pm

Sorry, but I have enough one dimensional players on my roster... lol
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis   Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 2:24 pm

I mean the more the merrier right? Our teams are near the top of the bottom. Let's celebrate lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis   Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gibert Arenas to the Magic for Rashard Lewis
Page 1 of 1