Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark Empty
PostSubject: Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark   Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 6:01 pm

This move, along with getting Arenas, will definitely be beneficial for the Magic. After losing 5 of 6 games, Otis Smith wasted no time making moves. You wish more GMs would make moves like these. What I am interested to see is, who will start and who will come off the bench for the magic after this trade. I am not sure what Phoenix is doing but it's obvious that Turkoglu wasn't working out for them. What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark   Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 6:14 pm

Nelson
Arenas
J-Rich
Turk
Howard

Bass was said to be a lock to play the 4 until further notice but I doubt that happens as he is a great spark off the bench with Reddick.

The Illusionists now have absolutely no front-court depth and will be punished by teams that do in the playoffs. Once Howard gets into foul trouble they will be in ballscratch mode 100%.

That being said everyone in town is on cloud 9 right now. Carter and Lewis jerseys will be burned and J-Rich shrines will be built.

Pheonix now joins us as lottery bound flounders.

Somewhere Shaun is cursing like a sailor.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark   Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 6:20 pm

J-Rich makes the boxers wet. NFT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark   Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 6:20 pm

definitely a crazy trade.. I saw the suns mavs game live last night and the suns were absolutely lost with no nash. Hedo is retirement material... in fact this whole trade involves over paid players who are not living up to their crazy contracts.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark   Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 6:25 pm

So if Howard gets 2 fouls in the first 3 to 6 minutes of the game, which always happens, who is checking in for him now? Bass? Orton? who?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark   Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 6:26 pm

Earl Clark?
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark   Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 6:29 pm

Earl Clark can play the 3 and maybe the 4, but center, I doubt it. I know that most teams don't have legitimate centers and they just have power forwards that play the 5, but that's the only part of this trade that doesn't make sense to me. They will be shopping for a big man soon, IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark   Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 6:36 pm

Antoine Walker?
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark   Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 6:39 pm

Llamf.....yeah Otis will call him and Antonio Daniels up from the D League
Back to top Go down
hipp0319
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
hipp0319

PostSubject: Re: Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark   Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 7:06 pm

magic>>>>>>>>>>>>>NBA
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark   Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 7:10 pm

The Magic suck... lol. I don't mind this trade. I'll miss seeing J-Rich in a Suns' jersey, but Turkoglu and Clark were both wasted space. Pietrus will hopefully be a good fit, and Phoenix got a 1st round pick.... Hopefully the Magic don't make the playoffs
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark   Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 9:11 pm

i like this trade shakes things up w the Magic well see how it plays out. Losing Gortat is big tho. They need to sign an old vet or hope Orton can give good minutes
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark   Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 2:05 am

They have no frontcourt depth whatsoever. Orton has some huge shoes to fill and I'm not so sure he does. The Illusionists needed to do these trades because what they have been working with for years has clearly not worked out. Complacency doesn't win championships.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark   Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 5:57 am

Good trade for the Magic IMO along with the Arenas trade. J-Rich is better than (or at least on par with) Vince Carter nowadays, and while Hedo is a shell of his former self, he can still shoot 3's. They should have never gotten rid of him to begin with.

I agree that they need another big man to bang in case something happens to Howard, but they have plenty of time to shop around for that. They don't even need an elite big man, just somebody who can play the low post and block shots because they have plenty of guys that can score.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark   Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vince Carter, Gortat & Pietrus to the Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark
Page 1 of 1