Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shaq gets traded to.......

Go down 
+4
Funk Seoul Brother
D.Powell
Shaun
Esco
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Shaq gets traded to....... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 4:44 am

Since when is amare stoudamire and penny hardaway in the same category as Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade and Lebron James you dumb mofo.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 5:53 am

Amare is better than all of them
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 2:30 pm

Marvelous Revival wrote:
When the last time Stoudamire was a post player?? He gets all his points off of fast break dunks and mid-range jumpshots. There was never a post in that man's game.

That's what post players are supposed to do. Hitting an open shot or running on fast breaks doesn't mean he isn't a post player. Hitting jumpshots doesn't disqualify him, Rasheed Wallce, Carlos Boozer, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Chris Webber, or anyone else from being a post player. Amare was dominant before his knee issues. Even by your assessment, he'd draw attention away from Shaq because he's hitting open shots and running the break -- which means his man won't leave him to double Shaq. In other words, like I mentioned before, he's a post presence that helped Shaq out by drawing attention away from him. Shaq will be hacked beyond belief in Cleveland because he will have zero help in the post...

Marvelous Revival wrote:
The 18 and 8 Shaq at 37 year's old who scored 40 in a game last year is better and more healthy than the unhealthy 12 point finals a game scoring Shaq that played with Wade and they still won the championship. Imagine Lebron with the better more healthy Shaq he's going to be playing with this season.

He was 36...in sports, you don't get better with age unless you're enhanced like Bonds or Clemons. He was healthy when he got to Miami and his numbers still dropped.

Marvelous Revival wrote:
You tinker with a 66 win team when that team can't match up with anybody come playoff time. How many times in the last 5 years has the team with the best record in the NBA gone on to win the championship????????. Reg.Season wins dont mean jack.

Can't match up? What playoffs were you watching? They murdered Atlanta and Detroit. They only had trouble with Orlando. I'd say they matched up just fine. And, though I think Steve already answered your question, Boston won it all just a year ago...with the best record in the NBA.

And wins do matter...they determine seeding for the playoffs. Cleveland knew they needed top seed for a reason...because they failed without it last year. That's why they were on such a mission this year and the world knew it...which is why people were so quick to slob the knob of an unproven player and his band of merry men that benefited from a worn down and injury depleted Celtics squad. That's why he was MVP without even playing a game first. We all knew it before the season started. People want to hop on his sack. I just want to give him the credit he has earned thus far. He's a 24 year old MVP that can score, pass, and rebound. A good defender as well. But what has his team done? I mean, think about it, they couldn't beat Orlando (a team that the Celtics were better than even...with...injuries...), but they're supposed to be better than a healthy Celtics squad because of Shaq? No. Simply, no...

Marvelous Revival wrote:
You build you team for the playoffs and thats exactly what cleveland did. If the cavs win 55 games next year and win the title does anyone remember the 66 wins and no title from 2 years ago??.

Uh...yes. Yes, they do. It was his MVP year, so it will come up. The only way it doesn't is when he wins a championship. Same thing happened to Gary Payton and Alonzo Mourning until they won it all. Until you win a ring, you're just a great player that always comes close...like Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Allen Iverson, Dirk Nowitzki, and Steve Nash. And that's just the former MVPs that haven't won it all. I won't get into other 1st ballot names like Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone, Reggie Miller, or Dominique Wilkins. Just look at how people view Garnett differently now that he has won it all. Same thing happened to MJ.

They've been a playoff team almost every year that LBJ has been in the league. They're already built. They dominated every team in the league except for the elite ones (Lakers, Magic, Celts, etc...)

And, given the way the east is shaping up, if they win 55 games (probably 3rd seed, could even be 4th) they will not beat the C's at home...Shaq or no Shaq...

Marvelous Revival wrote:
I dont see anyone beating the Cavs 4 times in a 7 games series with Shaq in the post and Lebron on the wing not to mention the wide open 3's Mo Williams is gonna get when Shaq kicks the ball back out to him coming off the double team.

lol...no one saw anyone beating the Cavs in 7 games this year either. Shaq actually brings them down a notch, but a 55 - 60 win team is still pretty good considering the fact that the record is 70.

Marvelous Revival wrote:
Look for the Cavs and not the Celtics who will have no chemistry, No back up Point guard and a unhappy starting point guard who knows the organization tried to trade him during the off season, to be the most dominant Playoff team next season. The Celtics and Magic can both win 70 games next year for all I care. There gonna both be a 70 win getting knocked out of the playoffs by the most dominant playoff team next year..The Cleveland Cavaliers. Shaq will go down in history by winning a title with the 3 best Post-Jordan players. Kobe, Wade and now Lebron. The Cavs are not losing 4 times in 7 games to anybody.

No back up point? Well, not that it matters since Rondo logs big minutes, but they do have some guy by the name of House -- he's known for lighting Cleveland and Orlando up. Gabe Pruitt is unproven, but there's still a "PG" next to his name on their roster sheet. And I'm sure Ainge won't let that spot left by Marbury stay empty.

Look, it's obvious you're a Bron fan, which is fine, but to totally ignore Boston is silly. They beat Cleveland a year ago. They added a big man that can hit the 3 (see: keep Shaq out of the paint) and last year's DPOY is healthy now. Underestimate them if you want, but there's no way they get written off just because a 37 year old, dwindling Shaq signed with Cleveland.

Boston is obviously the team to beat...and this is coming from a Wizards fan...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 6:09 pm

"And, though I think Steve already answered your question, Boston won it all just a year ago...with the best record in the NBA"

Steve is a bald headed fool. I'm glad he's not in the conversation anymore. The reason I asked the question "How many teams in the last 5 years has a team actually won the NBA championship and had the best record in the league in the same year" was because the answer to that question is once.

Last 5 NBA champs :

San Antonio Spurs
Miami Heat
San Antonio Spurs
Boston Celtics
L.A. Lakers

Only 1 of those 5 teams had the best record in the NBA and went on the win the Championship. The Spurs both times, The Heat and The Lakers did not. That means 80% of the time over the last 5 years the team that did not have the best record in the league went on to win the championship. This all goes back to overrating winning the most regular season games and teams that are best built to make dominating runs in the playoffs are usually the teams that win the title not the teams with the shiny reg. season wins title. 4 out of the last 5 NBA champs fit this bill and if im correct that the Cavs with Shaq will be the most dominating team during the playoffs, look for them to win the title even without having the most reg.season wins as 4 out of the last 5 NBA champs have accomplished. Yes, this also means with or without home court advantage throughout the playoffs as most of the recent NBA champions have done, nobody is beating Shaq and the Cavs 4 times in 7 games including the Celtics (Homecourt or Not). Look for the Cavs to win the title next year without having the flashy Reg.Season wins overrated title. They will he holding down the title that counts, The NBA championship. Did i mention just like the last 4 out of 5 NBA champions have done??? Wink

I guess theres only 1 way to decide our debate right??? Let's the games begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Marvelous Revival on Sun 12 Jul 2009, 6:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 6:13 pm

now now vernon, dont make me delete you again. pipe down faggot.

why even come back? it was nice without you here. they just let another raft outta cuba or something?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shaq gets traded to.......
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: