Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shaq gets traded to.......

Go down 
+4
Funk Seoul Brother
D.Powell
Shaun
Esco
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

Shaq gets traded to....... Empty
PostSubject: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 6:07 pm

The Cavs!!!!! He was talking about how he helped Kobe, Dwyane and now its Lebron's turn. I don't know if he can pull it off. Maybe if he steps it up for the entire season/playoffs/finals but we'll see. Your thoughts?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 6:19 pm

The Cavs did it to keep Lebron in Cleveland. I can't say I blame them, and I think it'll help them TREMENDOUSLY. Granted, Shaq isn't the player he once was, but even if he averages 18 and 8 like he did last year, it'd be better than what Big Z did (who sucks IMO).

Shaq can still defend, and put the drop step on people. So Orlando ain't fuckin with them. I know they got Vince Carter, but Vince is basically all offense and nothing else. Hedo Turkoglu is a much better floor leader, but he's probably gonna opt out of his contract which will make them weaker next year. The Cavs only competition in the East is the Celtics.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 6:41 pm

Who did the Suns get for Shaq? I haven't been paying attention :sad:
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 6:46 pm

Shon wrote:
Who did the Suns get for Shaq? I haven't been paying attention :sad:

they got Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic. Very much worth it IMO
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 6:48 pm

Indeed. They never should've gotten him in the first place, though
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 7:53 pm

IMO Shaq is done, even with 18 and 8, those aren't Shaq numbers, those would've been good for Ben Wallace in his prime but I really think Shaq is done...Lebron will not be winning a ring with him, he's coming to NYC baby (I wish..lol) in 2010, as for Orlando they even without Hedo they will be strong this upcoming year....Vince is going to make them better although he doesn't play much defense, but he can still light it up if necessary

I think the Celtics are the team to beat in the east with a healthy Garnett....they are the best team in the east, not the Cavs with a 55 year old Shaq, or even Orlando with Vince, but look out for 2010 and those Knickerbockers baby bubba...lol
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 8:03 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
The Cavs did it to keep Lebron in Cleveland. I can't say I blame them, and I think it'll help them TREMENDOUSLY. Granted, Shaq isn't the player he once was, but even if he averages 18 and 8 like he did last year, it'd be better than what Big Z did (who sucks IMO).

Shaq can still defend, and put the drop step on people. So Orlando ain't fuckin with them. I know they got Vince Carter, but Vince is basically all offense and nothing else. Hedo Turkoglu is a much better floor leader, but he's probably gonna opt out of his contract which will make them weaker next year. The Cavs only competition in the East is the Celtics.

You are severely underestimating the Magic. The acquisition is Vince makes them so much more dangerous. They finally have a player who can create his own shot and take over a game as he sees fit.

Just because Turk opted out doesn't mean he will leave. There is still a strong possibility of him staying. To say the Cavs only competition is the Celtics is ludicrous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 8:13 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

You are severely underestimating the Magic. The acquisition is Vince makes them so much more dangerous. They finally have a player who can create his own shot and take over a game as he sees fit.

Just because Turk opted out doesn't mean he will leave. There is still a strong possibility of him staying. To say the Cavs only competition is the Celtics is ludicrous.

The reasons that the Cavs were unable to beat the Magic is because nobody other than Lebron was bringin it every night, and they had no answer for Dwight Howard. Shaq solves both problems. He won't shut Howard down (at least not completely) but he can certainly contain him.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 8:18 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

The reasons that the Cavs were unable to beat the Magic is because nobody other than Lebron was bringin it every night, and they had no answer for Dwight Howard. Shaq solves both problems. He won't shut Howard down (at least not completely) but he can certainly contain him.

You're preaching to the crowd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 8:22 pm

D.Powell wrote:
IMO Shaq is done, even with 18 and 8, those aren't Shaq numbers, those would've been good for Ben Wallace in his prime but I really think Shaq is done...Lebron will not be winning a ring with him, he's coming to NYC baby (I wish..lol) in 2010, as for Orlando they even without Hedo they will be strong this upcoming year....Vince is going to make them better although he doesn't play much defense, but he can still light it up if necessary

I think the Celtics are the team to beat in the east with a healthy Garnett....they are the best team in the east, not the Cavs with a 55 year old Shaq, or even Orlando with Vince, but look out for 2010 and those Knickerbockers baby bubba...lol

Ben Wallace NEVER got 18 and 8 dude. See my post to Cise Starr.

I agree that the Celts are the team to beat with a healthy Garnett, but if the Cavs get the homecourt advantage again with a healthy Shaq, then I see them winning the East. He'll do for Lebron what he did for Wade. Not to mention the fact that they aren't done dealing. They are probably gonna deal Big Z and/or Varejao and get another hot player. It'll be interesting for sure.

As for the Knicks, I don't see them getting Lebron unless Cleveland fails miserably. I hope they do but I'm not sure. Either way, I think they'll be a good team in 2010 because they'll have the money to sign at least 2 superstar players.

I think the Spurs did a GREAT job yesterday. Picking up Richard Jefferson AND getting the STEAL OF THE DRAFT in DeJuan Blair. A bunch of teams stupidly slept on him and he ended up falling to San Antonio in the 2nd round. He was a BEAST in college and I think he'll be good in the NBA. Especially with a mentor like Tim Duncan.

A team with Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, and Jefferson can EASILY challenge the Lakers provided they all stay healthy.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 8:27 pm

Wait, the draft was yesterday? Damnittttt.

Who did Phoenix pick up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 8:31 pm

Shon wrote:
Wait, the draft was yesterday? Damnittttt.

Who did Phoenix pick up?

I know they got Earl Clark from Louisville in the 1st round, can't remember who they got after that.

Phoenix is in rebuilding mode though, they're not gonna contend anytime soon. They're considering trading Amare for Stephen Curry (who was picked by Golden State). Even if that trade doesn't happen, it's still obvious that they're rebuilding.

EDIT: I'm not surprised you didn't know the draft was yesterday, Michael Jackson's death has overshadowed every news story.

Last edited by KJ Styles on Fri 26 Jun 2009, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 8:31 pm

here are the draft pick everyone, on the lower right side of the page

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 8:39 pm

20$ says the Suns trade their first round pick away like they did the last 4 years
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 8:41 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

Ben Wallace NEVER got 18 and 8 dude. See my post to Cise Starr.

I agree that the Celts are the team to beat with a healthy Garnett, but if the Cavs get the homecourt advantage again with a healthy Shaq, then I see them winning the East. He'll do for Lebron what he did for Wade. Not to mention the fact that they aren't done dealing. They are probably gonna deal Big Z and/or Varejao and get another hot player. It'll be interesting for sure.

As for the Knicks, I don't see them getting Lebron unless Cleveland fails miserably. I hope they do but I'm not sure. Either way, I think they'll be a good team in 2010 because they'll have the money to sign at least 2 superstar players.

I think the Spurs did a GREAT job yesterday. Picking up Richard Jefferson AND getting the STEAL OF THE DRAFT in DeJuan Blair. A bunch of teams stupidly slept on him and he ended up falling to San Antonio in the 2nd round. He was a BEAST in college and I think he'll be good in the NBA. Especially with a mentor like Tim Duncan.

A team with Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, and Jefferson can EASILY challenge the Lakers provided they all stay healthy.

I see your post man...but it doesn't justify you saying Orlando will be no match for the Cavs next year. Its cool if you hate them... lol!

Blair could be a steal but I understand why teams were reluctant to take him. He blew out both of his knees IIRC a few years ago and is severely undersized for the 4. I know he's a beast and an awesome rebounder but his health is what killed his stock. He's a surefire first round talent in my books for the record.

The Spurs are looking quite strong if they can stay healthy which is a BIG if.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 8:44 pm

Yo, where does the East stand if Boston can get their shit back together?
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 8:53 pm

acrid.one wrote:
They will have 3 top dogs but that's about it. The rest of the pack isn't really much to talk about as I can see the Hawks slowly imploding with the pending loss of Smith and acquisition of Crawford, the Heat staying stagnant to an extent, and the Bulls finding a way to mess up their roster by letting Hinrich or Deng go.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 9:35 pm

fuck the Cavs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 10:11 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
acrid.one wrote:
They will have 3 top dogs but that's about it. The rest of the pack isn't really much to talk about as I can see the Hawks slowly imploding with the pending loss of Smith and acquisition of Crawford, the Heat staying stagnant to an extent, and the Bulls finding a way to mess up their roster by letting Hinrich or Deng go.

Pending loss of Smith???? 🚲

Smith ain't going no where fool john rakim, and Crawford is a much better version of Flip.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 12:02 am

wrote:

Pending loss of Smith???? 🚲

Smith ain't going no where fool john rakim, and Crawford is a much better version of Flip.

Yeah you didn't hear the trade rumors before the draft? He's clearly doesn't get along well with the coach and seems to be a locker room cancer. Won't be surprised if he leaves...

Crawford isn't the type of player you want. One dimensional, positionally confused, and a terrible shooter. That is an upgrade over Flip but that ain't sayin much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 12:19 am

Of course I heard it and I know he doesn't get along with the coach very well, but this has been going on ever since he arrived in Atlanta. Mike Woodson is his only coach he's ever had in the NBA. It's a love/hate relationship. Plus he has a 6 million dollar kicker if he gets traded...teams won't wanna pay that.

And Flip was very valuable to the team man, you must not have watch a lot of the Hawks games last year...

Plus Crawford fits perfectly for the Hawks because they need another scorer- Joe Johnson can't do it all by himself, he's not that kind of player...unfortunely.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 12:31 am

Yeah that kicker is a big deal but it wouldn't surprise me if a team desperate for a SF would pay it.

I realize Murray was a serviceable 6th man. I like Childress a lot more but of course he's gone. Wonder if he will come back....

You do need another scorer but you don't want Crawford lol. He can't pass very well, doesn't play any D, and will drive you crazy with missed shots. I wish you well but temper your expectations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 1:24 am

Josh Smith isn't a sf, he can't shoot a jumpshot to save his life. Shaking My Head :bounce:
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 9:18 am

Magic got Vince Carter? Damn.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 9:21 am

wrote:
Josh Smith isn't a sf, he can't shoot a jumpshot to save his life. Shaking My Head :bounce:
He's a little undersized for the PF. He can play there but would be best used at the 3. And yes he can't shoot.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 10:06 am

wrote:

yea but not being able to shoot doesnt make you not a SF lol, there are tons of SF's that cant shoot well...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 7:49 pm

The Hawks don't play him as a sf, he's their starting pf...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 8:46 pm

^ true but him and Marvin switch positions a lot depending on the game, matchup, etc.

like, Smith plays like a SF on offense cuz he is usually on the permieter, and dribbles from there to the rim, but Smith usually guards the opposing PF depending on the matchup though

its kinda like the Hedo Turkoglu/Rashard Lewis in Orlando, theyre both SF's they dont really play a PF, same with the Hawks imo....maybe hes a PF on a starting lineup diagram but that doesnt mean much

and i actually watch the Hawks A LOT so im not talking out of my ass, i have League Pass and basically every weekday i watch as many games as i can when im not busy

Last edited by Slang Editorial on Sat 27 Jun 2009, 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 9:16 pm

Fool John can learn a thing or two from Slang...That is how you NOT talk out of your ass and make up some random bs like Fool John always likes to do.

I agree with everything you said man. The Hedo/Rashard was an excellent comparision.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009, 2:37 am

wrote:
Fool John can learn a thing or two from Slang...That is how you NOT talk out of your ass and make up some random bs like Fool John always likes to do.

I agree with everything you said man. The Hedo/Rashard was an excellent comparision.

The only thing you know how to do is ride my dick everytime I say something. You offer NOTHING intelligent. You're just a sad, pathetic, lowlife, piece of shit dickrider.

When I was mourning Michael Jackson, you were like "I'll kick you in the ass Fool John". Now how fucking low is that??? Let me tell you something man, if we were face to face, YOU WOULDN'T FUCKING DARE KICK ME IN THE ASS!! If you did, you'd end up 6 feet deep! My family might be sending me mail, but yours would be sending you flowers!!

It's clear that we don't like each other, so why don't you just KEEP MY NAME OUT OF YOUR IGNORANT ASS MOUTH!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009, 3:18 am

Look at fool john, I was trying to give him some advice and he starts flipping out on me. Shaking My Head

🚲
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009, 4:10 pm

wrote:
Look at fool john, I was trying to give him some advice and he starts flipping out on me. Shaking My Head

🚲

What advice? Calling me Fool John? Saying that I talk out of my ass? Those sound like insults to me. You diss me every chance you get. Just STFU.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 12:46 am

"Fool John can learn a thing or two from Slang...That is how you NOT talk out of your ass and make up some random bs"

There you go man...

Shaq gets traded to....... 130160
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 4:12 pm

wrote:
"Fool John can learn a thing or two from Slang...That is how you NOT talk out of your ass and make up some random bs"

There you go man...

Shaq gets traded to....... 130160

Nothing in my previous posts was made up. It's all based on facts.

Hedo Turkoglu made the Magic a better team, without him they wouldn't have made the Finals last year. Vince Carter is an explosive offensive player, but all he does is score. The Magic already have guys that can score, they need guys that can play DEFENSE and Vince doesn't do that. He's simply a gunner. Orlando should have tried to get a power forward to help out Dwight Howard down low.

I think the Cavs move ahead of the Magic with the Shaq trade because now they have someone that can score consistently (other than Lebron) and can guard Howard. I think they'll need to make another move to get past the Celtics though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 4:37 pm

I was talking mainly about your posts on the Falcons and also how you said the NFC South was weak. Remember the time when you said that Edge ran all over the Falcons in the playoffs? That's the type of crap I'm talking about. Realize I didn't say anything your post on the Magics and Cavs? That's because you weren't talking out of your ass and I actually agreed with you.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 5:54 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

I'm not so sure Shaq TREMENDOUSLY helps Cleveland for a couple reasons...

1) They won 66 games last year. There are only 82 in a season. There won't be tremendous improvement at all. They may even fall short of 66 next season. It doesn't get a whole lot better than 66 wins unless your name is Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Jackson, Kerr, Wennington, Longley, Salley, Harper, etc...

2) Shaq actually makes them worse. He can't buy a free throw and he can't work the pick and pop like Ilgauskas and that's assuming he can work the pick and pop at all. Those who watch them know that this is Cleveland's bread and butter play because Ilgauskas can hit the J and that leaves space for Varejao (sp?) to do what he does in the post (hustle plays, rebounds, etc...) With Shaq there, you've pretty much killed Varejao's usefulness. Spacing the floor is how they dominate. If they aren't picking and popping, they're driving and dishing...

If you ask me, Shaq is the reason why Phoenix is in rebuilding mode. They never needed him and were silly for trading for him. If you asked Shaq what he thought of averaging 18 & 8 as little as 5 years ago, he'd probably feel insulted.

That said, he plays in the east. Name 5 centers putting up 18 & 8 every night. He'll be good, but don't expect great. I'd like to see him finish with more rings than Kobe, but I doubt it's gonna happen Cleveland if at all...

The Cavaliers are not a better team with Shaq. The east belongs to the Celtics if they can stay healthy. This will be just another year of folks jocking Bron's pole and hyping him up to the point that he'll have to run out of yet another arena without congratulating the winners when he's bounced from the playoffs again.

Last edited by Kopasetick on Mon 29 Jun 2009, 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 5:56 pm

"The east belongs to the Celtics if they can stay healthy."

Smh...come on father time!

Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 6:14 pm

lol

The Hawks have a good ways to go before they can contend for a championship. They need a pure 1 and a dominating 5 before they can go anywhere. Horford plays the 5, but he's really better suited for the 4 in the NBA.

Oh, and Smith and Williams play the 3. Williams is probably better suited for the 4, but he plays a 3's game. Smith has been a 3 from day 1...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 6:15 pm

Kopasetick wrote:

2) Shaq actually makes them worse. He can't buy a free throw and he can't work the pick and pop like Ilgauskas and that's assuming he can work the pick and pop at all. Those who watch them know that this is Cleveland's bread and butter play because Ilgauskas can hit the J and that leaves space for Varejao (sp?) to do what he does in the post (hustle plays, rebounds, etc...) With Shaq there, you've pretty much killed Varejao's usefulness. Spacing the floor is how they dominate. If they aren't picking and popping, they're driving and dishing...

Shaq has actually improved tremendously at the line. And even when he couldn't hit them, his free throws have NEVER cost any of his teams big games. Ilgauskas sucks ass, he's a terrible defender and is slow as all hell. Dwight Howards completely murked him in Eastern Conference Finals, and he didn't do a whole lot offensively either. In the East, I think Shaq can average 20 and 10 easily if not more, especially with guys like Lebron and Mo Williams who like to pass. As for Varejao, he sucked in the Orlando series as well. He did nothing offensively and very little defensively. Hedo killed him, but with Vince Carter now on the Magic, Hedo will probably opt out of his contract and get more money elsewhere on another competitive team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 6:17 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
lol

The Hawks have a good ways to go before they can contend for a championship. They need a pure 1 and a dominating 5 before they can go anywhere. Horford plays the 5, but he's really better suited for the 4 in the NBA.

Oh, and Smith and Williams play the 3. Williams is probably better suited for the 4, but he plays a 3's game. Smith has been a 3 from day 1...

I agree with everything you said except the pure 1 part. Mike Bibby is a huge reason why this team has made the playoffs the last couple of years and has helped build the chemistry of the Hawks.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 6:45 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Shaq has actually improved tremendously at the line. And even when he couldn't hit them, his free throws have NEVER cost any of his teams big games. Ilgauskas sucks ass, he's a terrible defender and is slow as all hell. Dwight Howards completely murked him in Eastern Conference Finals, and he didn't do a whole lot offensively either.

Ilgauskas was the second leading scorer on the team every season LeBron has played except for three of them - this year (because Mo Williams is a scoring point thus dropping Z's touches), 03-04 (Boozer was dominating...and LBJ was a rookie..again, less shots) and in 06-07 when Larry Hughes was putting up 15 a game. Outside of that, it's been Big Z holding down shotgun. Dude can play. If Howard was that good, he wouldn't have been fouling out and letting Gasol and Odom look like MVP candidates in the Finals.

KJ Styles wrote:
In the East, I think Shaq can average 20 and 10 easily if not more, especially with guys like Lebron and Mo Williams who like to pass. As for Varejao, he sucked in the Orlando series as well. He did nothing offensively and very little defensively. Hedo killed him, but with Vince Carter now on the Magic, Hedo will probably opt out of his contract and get more money elsewhere on another competitive team.

In the east, Shaq will put up the same numbers he did in Phoenix or less. Remember, he was barely getting 17 & 8 after his first two years in Miami and his last year there was terrible (14 & 7). He hasn't got any better since then, he was simply the recipient of Steve Nash's passing and Stoudamire's presence drawing attention away from him. His numbers in Phoenix are inflated...just like anyone else that played under that system D'Antoni installed (sure, he was gone, but remnants of that system remained after he left...).

We agree that Varejao sucks, but he has proven effective. You're telling me a slower, older Shaq can hustle like he does? Not likely. And Varejao can hit an open jumpshot. Hedo killed him in the playoffs, but who didn't Hedo kill in the postseason outside of Odom?

And VC to Orlando does nothing more than put VC closer to his mom. It won't make them much better unless he decides he wants to put some effort into what he does for a change. He and Lewis are the same player, he's just more athletic. They'd be better off keeping Hedo, but I don't think they can afford him now. If they get better, it'll be because Nelson stayed healthy...
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 8:01 pm

Hilarious...

For some reason I could not post the picture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 1:16 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
In the East, I think Shaq can average 20 and 10 easily if not more, especially with guys like Lebron and Mo Williams who like to pass. As for Varejao, he sucked in the Orlando series as well. He did nothing offensively and very little defensively. Hedo killed him, but with Vince Carter now on the Magic, Hedo will probably opt out of his contract and get more money elsewhere on another competitive team.

Shaq improves the Cavs Tremendously. He doesn't need to average 20 and 10 to give the cavs an opportunity to win the championship next year. Shaq's presence on the floor will open up lanes and defenses for lebron to slice through with ease just like he did for Dwayne Wade. The Cavs are getting a better fit and in shape shaq than what Wade had with the Heat and he still won the Championship with a lesser Shaq than what Lebron is getting. Shaq only averaged 12 points in the NBA finals agaisnt the Mavericks and that was still enough with his presence on the floor and still commanding double teams that allowed Wade to go off and average 35 points a game in that series. Lebron is certainly capable of going off in that same way. He almost averaged 40 against the Magic. Shaq isnt here to make the Cavs a better team in the regular season. Matter of fact i would rest Shaq at different points during the reg. Season. Shaq makes the Cavs a better playoff team. Shaq doesn't have to be the old Laker shaq to win a NBA championship. He's already proven that. Shaq and Lebron make the Cavs the team to beat in the eastern conference.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 1:56 pm

LMAO...

Shaq is 37 years old. He won't get any faster and he won't be more explosive. And this is coming from a Shaq fan. Even Kareem and Wilt slowed down toward the end of their careers. He may not have to be All Star Shaq of old, but he has to be more than he was in Phoenix because he has no help in the post -- something he had in Phoenix (Stoudamire) and Miami (Mourning & Haslem). You don't tinker with a 66 win team anyway.

I hope LBJ has been working on his J. He's gonna need it... lol

A healthy KG, Rondo, P Double, Ray Allen, and now they've added 'Sheed and have a solid bench (Perkins, House, etc...). That's pretty much an all star starting lineup.

Boston is obviously the team to beat this year...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 7:28 pm

When the last time Stoudamire was a post player?? He gets all his points off of fast break dunks and mid-range jumpshots. There was never a post in that man's game. The 18 and 8 Shaq at 37 year's old who scored 40 in a game last year is better and more healthy than the unhealthy 12 point finals a game scoring Shaq that played with Wade and they still won the championhip. Imagine Lebron with the better more healthy Shaq he's going to be playing with this season. You tinker with a 66 win team when that team can't match up with anybody come playoff time. How many times in the last 5 years has the team with the best record in the NBA gone on to win the championship????????. Reg.Season wins dont mean jack. You build you team for the playoffs and thats exactly what cleveland did. If the cavs win 55 games next year and win the title does anyone remember the 66 wins and no title from 2 years ago??. I dont see anyone beating the Cavs 4 times in a 7 games series with Shaq in the post and Lebron on the wing not to mention the wide open 3's Mo Williams is gonna get when Shaq kicks the ball back out to him coming off the double team. Look for the Cavs and not the Celtics who will have no chemistry, No back up Point guard and a unhappy starting point guard who knows the organization tried to trade him during the off season, to be the most dominant Playoff team next season. The Celtics and Magic can both win 70 games next year for all I care. There gonna both be a 70 win getting knocked out of the playoffs by the most dominant playoff team next year..The Cleveland Cavaliers. Shaq will go down in history by winning a title with the 3 best Post-Jordan players. Kobe, Wade and now Lebron. The Cavs are not losing 4 times in 7 games to anybody.

Last edited by Marvelous Revival on Sat 11 Jul 2009, 7:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 7:32 pm

celtics just won it in 2008 with the best record, stupid fuck. you are beyond retarded. the celtics have TWO backup point guards, marbury and eddie house, and tony allen can play the position too. and no chemistry???? what teams in the nba have better chemistry than them? youre stupid as fuck vernon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 7:38 pm

Did the champion Lakers have the best record in the NBA this year???..Go back to sleep.

Last edited by Marvelous Revival on Sat 11 Jul 2009, 7:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 7:40 pm

LOL, they were ONE win off you little bitch. The cavs never have been and never will be a championship team, especially when bronny leaves in 2010. and like i said, celtics won in 2008 and have THREE backup PGs and probably one of, if not the best team chemistry's in the league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 7:54 pm

Last I checked 1 win off means you didn't have the best record in the league which was my original question. If i wanted to say how many teams except 1 win off teams, i would of said that. Thanks for playing. The celtics have 3 back up point guards?? Marbury isnt re-signing and the other 2 i wouldn't put on a CBA rostor. Bron is not leaving because I just said with Shaq in the middle, he's now playing on the best constructed playoff team who won't lose 4 times in 7 games to anyone they match up with. Do i need to explain to you what happens if a team doesn't lose 4 times in 7 games throughout the NBA playoffs?? I don't know, you seem slow, maybe I do. Lebron is not leaving his home town coming off a ring and a parade. Ask Kobe and Dwade what happened to their finger when they played with Shaq.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 9:35 pm

shit, i better ask steve nash, amare stoudamire, penny hardaway, etc. what happened too? why am i arguing you, youre vernon, why dont you go comb your cute hairdo you cuban fuck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shaq gets traded to.......   Shaq gets traded to....... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shaq gets traded to.......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next