Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)

Go down 
+6
Dang! Trotter
Half
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
gametheory91
Tic706
Laced With Slang
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Empty
PostSubject: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeSun 02 Jan 2011, 2:08 pm

Odd Future is a crew from Los Angeles, made up of 16-19 year olds who are absolutely sick in the heads which makes for great music, and very creative. With hip hop in such a stagnant state in terms of progressiveness, these dudes are pushing the boundary and all of their albums are available for free online. Most of the production is minimalistic, atmospheric synth sounding, which may be hard to get into at first but once you do its a wrap...

Quote :
Their music sounds like you took 1 part Def Jux production, 2 parts horrorcore lyrical themes, 1 part MF DOOM obsession with ultra smooth beats and sprinkled a bit of Eminem‘s matter of fact personal writing on top.

http://oddfuture.tumblr.com/ ----> get the albums here

Members:
Tyler the Creator
Hodgy Beats
Earl Sweatshirt
Domo Genesis
Mike G
Frank Ocean
Left Brain
The Super 3
Syd tha Kyd
Jasper Loc
Taco Bennett

Heres the Shit Ive just recently heard and have been spinning the last 2 days:

Earl Sweatshirt - EARL
The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) 220px-EARL
"Thisniggaugly"
"Earl"
"Couch" (feat. Ace Creator)
"Kill
"Wakeupfaggot"
"Luper"
"epaR" (feat. Vince Staples)
"Moonlight" (feat. Hodgy Beats)
"Pigions" (feat. Wolf Haley)
"Stapleton"

^^the kid is COLD!!!

^^^ fuck!!! this is dope

Tyler the Creator - Bastard
The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) 220px-BASTARDCOVER
"Bastard"
"Seven"
"Odd Toddlers" (feat. Casey Veggies)
"French!" (feat. Hodgy Beats)
"Blow"
"Pigs Fly" (feat. Domo Genesis)
"Parade"
"Slow It Down" (feat. Hodgy Beats)
"AssMilk" (feat. Earl Sweatshirt)
"VCR/Wheels"
"Session" (feat. Hodgy Beats & Brandun DeShay)
"Sarah"
"Jack and the Beanstalk"
"Tina" (feat. Jasper Loc and Taco Bennett)
"Inglorious"

The Odd Future Tape Vol. 1
The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) 3043228446_9ecc966edf_o
The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) ODDtracklist

MellowHype (Left Brain & Hodgy Beats) - BlackenedWhite
The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Mellowhype
"Primo"
"Gun Sounds"
"Brain" featuring Domo Genesis
"Loaded" featuring Mike G
"Hell" featuring Frank Ocean
"Dead Deputy"
"Right Here"
"Loco"
"Stripclub"
"Fuck the Police" featuring Tyler the Creator
"Chordaroy" featuring Earl Sweatshirt and Tyler the Creator
"Rico" featuring Frank Ocean
"Gram"
"Circus"
"Based" featuring C. Renee

Odd Future - Radical - they rap over other peoples' beats on this tape...
The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Radical+front

Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeSun 02 Jan 2011, 4:00 pm

A lot of it is pretty whack to these ears. Some of it is weird but that those not mean good. Props to you for liking this though. I can't see it. But I will sample more.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeSun 02 Jan 2011, 9:39 pm

The shit is definitely fucked up. My buddy showed them to me a couple months ago. Some of it ain't bad. Tyler the Creator is definitely the best...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeSun 02 Jan 2011, 10:16 pm

fucked up? I mean its no more over the top than most rap acts. Also, you can definitely tell they are creating characters/painting pictures with their raps which is why i like it so much, not to be taken overly serious, but when they get serious they talk about some deep shit. Tyler is the best to me too, Bastard is dope as fuck. Im also really digging Earl Sweatshirt and that Mellowhype album too

this is the future
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeSun 02 Jan 2011, 10:28 pm

I hope fucking not.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeMon 03 Jan 2011, 12:40 am

heres a dope article on them...
http://esham.wordpress.com/2010/11/15/new-york-times-mentions-esham-odd-future-article/

definitely have an Esham type vibe to them. Also, these guys have already been cosigned by guys like Mos Def and Skyzoo, and Hot 97 played their stuff before their show in NYC
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeMon 03 Jan 2011, 1:57 am

I'll check this out when I have the time. Sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeMon 03 Jan 2011, 4:17 am

I'll check this out later today. I'm always up for checking out an artist that has free stuff available.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeMon 03 Jan 2011, 9:19 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
fucked up? I mean its no more over the top than most rap acts. Also, you can definitely tell they are creating characters/painting pictures with their raps which is why i like it so much, not to be taken overly serious, but when they get serious they talk about some deep shit. Tyler is the best to me too, Bastard is dope as fuck. Im also really digging Earl Sweatshirt and that Mellowhype album too

this is the future

Yes. It is fucked up listening to kids rapping about raping women...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeMon 03 Jan 2011, 9:39 pm

gametheory91 wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

this is the future

I certainly don't condone rape, but in terms of fucked up themes in the lyrical spectrum of hip hop, rape is only slightly above tame.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeMon 03 Jan 2011, 11:15 pm

I just don't like listening to people rap about raping women. I just can't sit down by myself and listen to to that shit....
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeMon 03 Jan 2011, 11:18 pm

Half wrote:
gametheory91 wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

this is the future

I certainly don't condone rape, but in terms of fucked up themes in the lyrical spectrum of hip hop, rape is only slightly above tame.

my thoughts...
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeTue 04 Jan 2011, 9:25 pm

I respect these guys for being somewhat creative but their stuff is all over the place. Its too widespread to fully digest. They need to focus on a single beam before hitting us with the spreader gun. These guys do seem to be listening to BusDriver, Holocaust, and Lupe Fiasco, but thats just it, they don't sound unique. Sure its refreshing to hear some young boys not tryna rhyme like souljah boy or Wiz Khalif but these guys don't even compare to a 93' Souls Of Mischeif--well not yet atleast. If these guys keep at it in another 5 years they might make something of themselves but right now their flows ain't developed and their shit sounds amateur. They seem to be having fun though. There was another group out the west coast filled with 9 to 10 members of young rappers with abstract battle rhymes called Custom Made. CM dropped an album under Rawkus and their shit was waay more polished than this. Some of those songs you posted sounded like shit off WarCloud's first solo album.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 9:44 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
I hope fucking not.

I'll second that.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 7:39 pm

Tyler the Creator going to be on Jimmy Fallon Feb 16th...dudes are about to BLOW UP!!!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/01/odd-futures-tyler-the-creator-nabs-slot-on-late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-with-the-roots-backing-them-.html

Tyler dropped a top 10 album from last year, recognize
Back to top Go down
Ticesun
Woof
Woof

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeThu 24 Feb 2011, 8:16 am

Ive been listening to these guys alot lately. So what if they are similar to other acts that we have talked about. I feel the beats are good, the lyrics are sick and the shock value is out of control. They killed it on Fallon, let me say it again KILLED IT!! The truth is strange music puts out stuff thats makes me cringe more. Brother Lynch Hung is talking about the same stuff. Also a heads up Earl Sweatshirt i dont think will be making much more anytime soon. His parents sent him to boarding school. Whats even more impressive is they are so young the sky is the limit. They have an extensive FREE catalog. I mean were ells can you find 10 full length albums for free from the same group. Personally Im feeling Earl the most from the group but Tyler is also sick. Whats also crazy to me is they have that cool kidz/kidz in the Hall vibe. I mean you look at tech n9ne and you would expect his lyrics to sound like that but you look at Mickey Factz you don’t expect him to be talking about strange music type subject matter.
Back to top Go down
coloured penicillin
Jump!
Jump!
coloured penicillin

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeThu 24 Feb 2011, 2:16 pm

Cant get enough of Blow and AssMilk
Earls tape is fire just listen to epaR
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 6:59 pm

Loud Records is apparently trying to sign these guys
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 7:00 pm

Shaun wrote:
Loud Records is apparently trying to sign these guys

Loud still exists?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 7:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)   The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Future of Creativity in Hip Hop is Here: enter The Odd Future Crew (OFWGKTA)
Page 1 of 1