Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts On This Album.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Thoughts On This Album..... Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts On This Album.....   Thoughts On This Album..... Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 4:51 pm

Thoughts On This Album..... Ed23a2684b72492299d34e2031d83b1e.image.300x299

This one gets lost in the shuffle a lot. So who has heard it or own it?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts On This Album.....   Thoughts On This Album..... Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 4:53 pm

I like it, but you and I will probably be the only ones to have heard it. For some reason i always think of this album and Southwest Riders together, and i prefer Southwest Riders more.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts On This Album.....   Thoughts On This Album..... Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 4:56 pm

This CD was my first introduction to Wood Wheel since I was late to start listening to UGK. I also have the Cash Money song on my Best Of Cash Money Itunes playlist. It's a nice compilation. I just don't listen to it too often.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts On This Album.....   Thoughts On This Album..... Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 4:56 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I like it, but you and I will probably be the only ones to have heard it. For some reason i always think of this album and Southwest Riders together, and i prefer Southwest Riders more.

I can't see SW Riders being better than this one. But you know my RAL staning may be playing a part. I luv the Scarface trks on this cd. Especially the kick off trk. And the guest on this one are almost a who' who's of the south at the time. I was just surprised Ball & G were not on it.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts On This Album.....   Thoughts On This Album..... Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 4:58 pm

Also, i never understood why they made a single disc and double disc version of the album.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts On This Album.....   Thoughts On This Album..... Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 5:00 pm

I only knew of the double disc version. Are you confusing this with My Homies 2? I know that one was advertised as an single disc but I found out later it was a double. So I had to rebuy it.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts On This Album.....   Thoughts On This Album..... Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 5:02 pm

Nah, this one is the same way. I messed up and bought the single disc version of My Homies 2. I had to rebuy it too. that sucked, but what's a stan to do?
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts On This Album.....   Thoughts On This Album..... Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 5:04 pm

When I saw disc 2 had a remix of The Corner with Mos Def and Face I almost had a fucking seizure. That was the main driving force of why I re-purchased it.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts On This Album.....   Thoughts On This Album..... Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 5:20 pm

The reason why I bought the double disc of My Homies 2 was because I saw The Corner Remix on there.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts On This Album.....   Thoughts On This Album..... Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 5:21 pm

indeed, it made the purchase a lot easier to swallow.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts On This Album.....   Thoughts On This Album..... Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 5:24 pm

Basically, the 2nd disc didn't do too much for me overall.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts On This Album.....   Thoughts On This Album..... Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 5:34 pm

Yeah disc two was overall pretty below average to average.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts On This Album.....   Thoughts On This Album..... Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 7:28 pm

I have this it has been sitting there for years now. I never really listen to it because I accidently bought the edited version.... Why do they even bother making edited versions it's nothing but a pain in the backside! Too easy to grab something off the shelf and then later realise, I dont see a parental advisory on the artwork anywhere.. uh oh, what have i done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts On This Album.....   Thoughts On This Album..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts On This Album.....
Page 1 of 1