Hip-Hop 4 Life
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
avatar

Posts : 2589
Join date : 2009-05-06
Location : Between a rock and hard place

PostSubject: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Tue 01 Feb 2011, 1:02 am

If you only recognize NWA only on their entertainment merits you'd probably have no gripes about NWA. But I concur they are by far the fakest rap group in history. Granted a lot of rap acts don't do what their talking about but NWA seem more of a gimmick as I look at them in retrospect. Ice-T, Spice 1, WC, Above The Law all seem more realistic and geniune compared to NWA and its fore-front members solo career. NWA may have put on and paved the way for real Gs but that doesn't cancel out their phoniness. NWA was never known to be affiliated with niether Crip of Blood, not that thats a bad thing, but the majority of G rappers in the west or affiliated with one or the other. Lets look at the 4 main members.

Dr Dre--most overated prodcer of all time. Used to dress up like a female. Dre seems like he went gangster due to thats where he thinks the money is. Back in the golden era of MTV raps he stated he was NO gangster and that he's merely an entertainer. I respect him for his honesty then but no rapper in their right mind would say that today. Also he left gangster rap alone when he started AfterMath only to flop and return back to G shit. If being a G was where his heart was always at he shouldve never left it alone. Suge Knight may have a horrible music sense and couldn't run a label even with God as his business partner I still respect his gangster. I never liked Suge Knight, but then again, gangsters aren't supposed to be liked. Suge did take the rap for those guns and did a stint in the pen for those guns that he claims that he only copped cause Dre and Snoop wanted them.

Ice Cube. Gotta love this guy. He went from gangster to militant to abstract hardcore to funk and back to gangster. And I do believe Cypress Hill whole-heartedly when they accused him of stealing their song. That seems like something Cube would do. Now Cube makes Disney movies, can't fault him for going where the money is but with all the Hollywood cred Ice-T has I doubt he'll play a badluck prone middle aged man in a movie called Are We There Yet?

Mc Ren. He's cool but he's Muslim. He turned Muslim rapper quick when gangster rap wasn't doing it for him in the solo arena.

Eazy-E. Right now there are rumors buzzing he was gay. God bless the dead, but it wouldn't surprise if he was. His high pitched, the fact he held on to his jheri curl the longest. Eazy is a legend and a rare talent but he was far from his persona on records. His solo career lacked flare when NWA officially broke up.

And Dj Yella. This guy went on to produce porn .

Its also critical to observe not all these guys were from Compton, yet had an album called Straight Outta Compton. And no member was ever known to have a problem with the law. They may be pioneers but they were a gimmick.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
avatar

Posts : 3100
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 122
Location : Midland, NC USA

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Tue 01 Feb 2011, 1:11 am

I couldn't care less about their background. As long as the music sounds good, I'll buy it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
avatar

Posts : 3100
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : SLO

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Tue 01 Feb 2011, 1:39 am

I don't know if they were the fakest ever, but probably the most well known. We just talked about Cube going to high school @ Taft in Woodland Hills. Ren, Eazy, Dre & Yella were from Compton I believe, but when they were kids it was Funk music & fist fights. As most pioneers of gangster rap, they get an 80's pass for as Eazy put it being reporters of what's happening around them as opposed to actually commiting the crimes themselves.


Last edited by TheBeerHunter on Tue 01 Feb 2011, 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
avatar

Posts : 3100
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : SLO

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Tue 01 Feb 2011, 1:46 am

Nevermind I'm just gonna edit my post above, rather then correct myself here.


Last edited by TheBeerHunter on Tue 01 Feb 2011, 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Tue 01 Feb 2011, 3:52 am

"..the fact he held on to his jheri curl the longest."
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
avatar

Posts : 5489
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Soul Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Tue 01 Feb 2011, 11:07 am

Eazy to my knowledge had well known street cred. But the rest of them no doubt were carrying out an image. As a chld I did not see it I just loved the street sound and message because it made sense. But as I got older and with the help of the movie C4 I saw how over the top and even corny they came off sometimes. But in the long run its all about the music for me and they meant to much to me as a grp and musically for me to talk down on them. they will forever be my number 2 fav grp of all time.

Also let me add this. If you truly listen to them you will hear the message in their music. NWA were not just a "gangster" rap grp. They did a lot socially with their message.

_________________
There's A God On The Mic
"Pretty soon hip hop won't be so nice, no Ice Cube...just Vanilla Ice"
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
avatar

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 42
Location : DMV

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Tue 01 Feb 2011, 1:33 pm

I agree for me it's all about the music also. I mean Dr.Dre was making slow jams like "Turn Off The Lights" before Straight Outta Compton and Efil 4 Zaggin. So does that mean I shouldn't listen to their message in their music. I understand what you are saying Trotter but how much does this take away from their music and/or legacy?
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
avatar

Posts : 3549
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Yogi's Mama's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Tue 01 Feb 2011, 2:45 pm

Justin Linker wrote:
I couldn't care less about their background. As long as the music sounds good, I'll buy it

Co-Sign!!! I don't know why people care so much about rapper's personal lives.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Tue 01 Feb 2011, 3:21 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Justin Linker wrote:
I couldn't care less about their background. As long as the music sounds good, I'll buy it

Co-Sign!!! I don't know why people care so much about rapper's personal lives.

I agree for the most part. I mean, I'm far from killer but that Gibbs EP gets plenty of spins by me.

I think about Saigon's story sometimes, too. Growing up he listened to that hard shit as gospel, to the point of modelling himself after the lyrics. Once he got to prison he realized there weren't any emcees there.

Punks like Havoc & Prodigy are playing tough running their mouths about others' situations. Basically they're selling a lifestyle as ideal, when truth be told they know full well it's the least logical choice to make.

And yes, everyone (mostly) that's locked up are only victims of their own decision-making. We're just not going to solve the blame game here. It's the caliber of puzzle that gets sent to national think tanks for pondering. Does society compel us (in general) to favor this entertainment? Or are we tricked into sabotaging ourselves with hollow ideals by our entertainment? Most likely some measure of both.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
avatar

Posts : 2589
Join date : 2009-05-06
Location : Between a rock and hard place

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Wed 02 Feb 2011, 3:58 pm

parker lewis wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Justin Linker wrote:
I couldn't care less about their background. As long as the music sounds good, I'll buy it

Co-Sign!!! I don't know why people care so much about rapper's personal lives.

I agree for the most part. I mean, I'm far from killer but that Gibbs EP gets plenty of spins by me.

I think about Saigon's story sometimes, too. Growing up he listened to that hard shit as gospel, to the point of modelling himself after the lyrics. Once he got to prison he realized there weren't any emcees there.

Punks like Havoc & Prodigy are playing tough running their mouths about others' situations. Basically they're selling a lifestyle as ideal, when truth be told they know full well it's the least logical choice to make.

And yes, everyone (mostly) that's locked up are only victims of their own decision-making. We're just not going to solve the blame game here. It's the caliber of puzzle that gets sent to national think tanks for pondering. Does society compel us (in general) to favor this entertainment? Or are we tricked into sabotaging ourselves with hollow ideals by our entertainment? Most likely some measure of both.

Yes its ones own dicision that send them to prison. But in America the carrot of criminal behavior is dangled in your face. And take in consideration the Protectors of Justice aren't exactly boyscouts. Most countries try to find ways to keep their prison population down, like in Europe were legalizing drugs cause them to shut down prisons. But America is like "Come On In"

I agree that Mob Deep are fake. Onyx are kinda phony too, but Onyx really represented a rowdy behavior and destructive energy rather real life tales of the streets. I think BIG DS gave Onyx a ounce of credibility, he was by far the realest member of the group but look where it got him
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
avatar

Posts : 7631
Join date : 2009-05-11
Age : 97
Location : the back of a barn

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Wed 02 Feb 2011, 9:47 pm

the "realest" group in hip-hop history was a group called Mob Style...do your homework on them...

AZ-(the original AZ and the one that the other AZ got his name from was the main emcee)

Alpo (a huge Harlem drug dealer) put up some of the money

Rich Porter (R.I.P.) was another huge drug dealer who put up some money for the group to record

Gangsta Lou-was another emcee

Whip-Wop-another of the emcees

Pretty Tone-another emcee


these dudes hung out with all of the rap stars of the day but only starting recording their own music because they were making so much money selling drugs that they had to show the government that they were getting this money from something "legal"








of course the movie Paid In Full was based on their lives...these dudes ruled the Harlem-Washington D.C. drug connection back in the 80's/early 90's

I would also say that 50 Cent had a "real" life as a criminal too....50 took his name from a stick up kid from Brooklyn who used to be down with Rakim's crew...but 50 did a bunch of real street shit out in Queens, alot of which he talked about in his song:Ghetto Qu'ran-naming names and snitching too....but the stuff he's talking about is "real" stuff though






And I would put N.W.A. above both of these artists in terms of quality hip-hop music even if their street tales were just from a reporting perspective for the most part (outside of maybe Eazy-E)


"Real" does NOT necessarily improve the quality of the music....

Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
avatar

Posts : 3500
Join date : 2009-05-28
Age : 36
Location : Bankhead SHAWTY and we'll take yo COOKIE!

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Thu 03 Feb 2011, 10:15 pm

Thanx for da info DP.
Back to top Go down
mrmikeoxlong
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
avatar

Posts : 90
Join date : 2012-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Thu 18 Oct 2012, 12:14 pm

I know this thread is dead but I feel Mf Grimm should get some mention here I know he's not a group but the dude was still fucking raw as an Mc and as a "gangster" if you will.

http ://youtu . be /KW260-jrgPo it won't let me post links yet so take away spaces good songs, applies to link below as well

http ://youtu . be /XYqFhFH-s4A

he speaks a lot of truth in his songs, he lost his ablity to walk because he was shot 9 times(i think not sure) and it almost killed him he lost sight, the ability to speak, and to hear. He regained most of what the bullets took from besides his legs(he might be walking now I haven't heard many updates since those from 2007

anyway if you wanna find out more a quick google search will help but wiki is no help really.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
avatar

Posts : 2589
Join date : 2009-05-06
Location : Between a rock and hard place

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Thu 18 Oct 2012, 12:45 pm

LOL! I clicked on this thread to see who would call NWA fake and it was me! Good digging
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
avatar

Posts : 3100
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 122
Location : Midland, NC USA

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Thu 18 Oct 2012, 1:04 pm

lol. Trotter has alzheimer's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
avatar

Posts : 2589
Join date : 2009-05-06
Location : Between a rock and hard place

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Thu 18 Oct 2012, 1:16 pm

mrmikeoxlong wrote:
I know this thread is dead but I feel Mf Grimm should get some mention here I know he's not a group but the dude was still fucking raw as an Mc and as a "gangster" if you will.

http ://youtu . be /KW260-jrgPo it won't let me post links yet so take away spaces good songs, applies to link below as well

http ://youtu . be /XYqFhFH-s4A

he speaks a lot of truth in his songs, he lost his ablity to walk because he was shot 9 times(i think not sure) and it almost killed him he lost sight, the ability to speak, and to hear. He regained most of what the bullets took from besides his legs(he might be walking now I haven't heard many updates since those from 2007

anyway if you wanna find out more a quick google search will help but wiki is no help really.

Yeah, we know about Grimm. In 2007 I was ranting and raving how great American Hunger was and if anyone who didn't like that album was a faggot. I got all Grimm's albums. And since 2007 he dropped 3 albums. Ginger Bread Man Mixtape, Ginger Bread Man, and You Only Live Twice. The latter album got alot of appraisal. As you was saying Grimm is a real dude. I do feel he has 86'ed dudes. He talks about it with regret and depression on his albums. And no thread here is dead. Glad you brought it back to life. So the question is could a real gangster be successful in the movie biz. And if people dont care if a rapper is really gangster are not why them is G rap so popular.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Thu 18 Oct 2012, 1:27 pm

G Rap is as popular as be is because he's good at it. There's no logic to that argument, it's fallacy.

Thanks for resurrecting this by the way, I forgot all about that jehri curl line and got a laugh out of it like it was brand new.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
avatar

Posts : 2589
Join date : 2009-05-06
Location : Between a rock and hard place

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Thu 18 Oct 2012, 2:34 pm

parker lewis wrote:
G Rap is as popular as be is because he's good at it. There's no logic to that argument, it's fallacy.

Thanks for resurrecting this by the way, I forgot all about that jehri curl line and got a laugh out of it like it was brand new.

Im not talking about Kool G Rap
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Thu 18 Oct 2012, 2:53 pm

My bad, I see now.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
avatar

Posts : 6865
Join date : 2009-06-12
Age : 241
Location : A Clean, Well-Lighted Place

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Thu 18 Oct 2012, 3:09 pm

Scars and Memories is a dope MF Grimm comp

_________________
a.k.a AFutureWithoutAPast, Kendrick Davis

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
avatar

Posts : 820
Join date : 2010-01-09
Age : 44
Location : Hartford

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Fri 19 Oct 2012, 7:32 pm

Not as much fake as they played the roles of the real gang members around South Central LA.
Back to top Go down
mrmikeoxlong
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
avatar

Posts : 90
Join date : 2012-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Fri 19 Oct 2012, 9:30 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:


Yeah, we know about Grimm. In 2007 I was ranting and raving how great American Hunger was and if anyone who didn't like that album was a faggot. I got all Grimm's albums. And since 2007 he dropped 3 albums. Ginger Bread Man Mixtape, Ginger Bread Man, and You Only Live Twice. The latter album got alot of appraisal. As you was saying Grimm is a real dude. I do feel he has 86'ed dudes. He talks about it with regret and depression on his albums. And no thread here is dead. Glad you brought it back to life. So the question is could a real gangster be successful in the movie biz. And if people dont care if a rapper is really gangster are not why them is G rap so popular.

I know about Grimms new albums the ginger bread man is one of my favourite albums by him, great concept. I was just saying I haven't heard any updates about his walking situation since I read an article that was posted 2007-2008 about trying and successfully being able to stand up for a couple seconds or something.

Anyway G rap is so popular because it sells, but only if you do it the way the record companies tell you, hence why you don't hear any good new Gangsta rap on the radio just lil wanye/2 chaniz trash
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
avatar

Posts : 2589
Join date : 2009-05-06
Location : Between a rock and hard place

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Sat 20 Oct 2012, 2:38 am

mrmikeoxlong wrote:
Dang! Trotter wrote:


Yeah, we know about Grimm. In 2007 I was ranting and raving how great American Hunger was and if anyone who didn't like that album was a faggot. I got all Grimm's albums. And since 2007 he dropped 3 albums. Ginger Bread Man Mixtape, Ginger Bread Man, and You Only Live Twice. The latter album got alot of appraisal. As you was saying Grimm is a real dude. I do feel he has 86'ed dudes. He talks about it with regret and depression on his albums. And no thread here is dead. Glad you brought it back to life. So the question is could a real gangster be successful in the movie biz. And if people dont care if a rapper is really gangster are not why them is G rap so popular.

I know about Grimms new albums the ginger bread man is one of my favourite albums by him, great concept. I was just saying I haven't heard any updates about his walking situation since I read an article that was posted 2007-2008 about trying and successfully being able to stand up for a couple seconds or something.

Anyway G rap is so popular because it sells, but only if you do it the way the record companies tell you, hence why you don't hear any good new Gangsta rap on the radio just lil wanye/2 chaniz trash

I hope you stick around mr.mike , we need new blood like you. This forum may seem vacant but we are all veteran loggers who were pissed off at major rap forums and formed are own.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!


Posts : 601
Join date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Sat 20 Oct 2012, 3:06 am

Indeed. It's tough to spark a ton of discussion because we know, for the most part, what everyone likes, have discussed everything major, etc.

2Pac = GOAT

Biggie = A Literal goat
Back to top Go down
mrmikeoxlong
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
avatar

Posts : 90
Join date : 2012-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Sat 20 Oct 2012, 8:12 am

Well is there a way to search the site better like for keywords and shit or would you be able to tell me if you have disscusions on these MC's/artists

Vinnie paz(jmt)/AOTP
Edan
Celph titled/Demigodz
R.A the rugged man
Eyedea
Cunninlynguists
Del the Funkee Homosapien
Kool Keith (Always love hearing what people think of his work because you love it or hate it)
Grimm
Back to top Go down
mrmikeoxlong
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
avatar

Posts : 90
Join date : 2012-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Sat 20 Oct 2012, 8:15 am

Found the search thing but still if you could be so kind to link some of the more discussed threads about said artists it would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Sat 20 Oct 2012, 9:06 am

Try searching by their album titles as well

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
avatar

Posts : 1774
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 34
Location : Palm Bay, FLA : Home of the Bomb Hay

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Sun 21 Oct 2012, 11:02 am

G rap is just like professional wrestling. You know its fake but its still entertaining if its done right.
Back to top Go down
Kool G rap
Woof
Woof


Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   Sat 04 Jan 2014, 8:19 am

NWA was most definitly not the most fakest group in rap history. as far as i know Ren was a member of the Kelly Park Compton crips. Him and Eazy where friends since childhood and Ren inducted eazy in to this set of crips ( eazy's son lil eazy is heavy affiliated with them aswell). As far as the gay rumors of Eazy, i doubt they where true since he had like 7 wives and 8 children. Dre was not a G but after his times with the world class wrecking cru he went left and got in trouble with the law as well. Cube wasn't that gangsta neither in his youth but is known to have a lot of fights in his rap career with people like suge knight and Above the Law and stood his ground. He was the only one who wasn't from compton. Ice cube is from Crenshaw wich is just as ghetto as Compton. Yella i dont know to much about but even if he wasnt a gangsta he didnt act like one because he was the dj.

NWA was not the fakest rap group in history
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?   

Back to top Go down
 
Was NWA the fakest rap group in history?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Cadia NEW Female Rock/Pop Group
» Dave Paris Group
» Sarepta History...
» Stalk-Forrest Group
» A Brief History Of New Years

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: