Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Computer Question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

General Computer Question Empty
PostSubject: General Computer Question   General Computer Question Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011, 7:50 pm

If i buy an external optical drive(CD/DVD Drive), can i still rip cd's to my computer with it?
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: General Computer Question   General Computer Question Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011, 7:57 pm

Connected via USB I assume?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: General Computer Question   General Computer Question Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011, 8:00 pm

Yeah, it's connected via USB. I would assume i can still rip cd's from it, but i want to make sure.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: General Computer Question   General Computer Question Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011, 8:11 pm

I've never used one, but I don't see why not. If you can play CDs from it, you should be able to rip from them. Both actions involve accessing audio files from the disc.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: General Computer Question   General Computer Question Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011, 8:26 pm

What Half said. I think it would be no different than transferring data from an external hard drive.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: General Computer Question   General Computer Question Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011, 8:29 pm

Half said pretty much what I'm thinking. Seems like that would be one of the purposes for an external disc drive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: General Computer Question   General Computer Question Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011, 9:11 pm

Well, i just went to Best Buy and the generally worthless staff was able to answer my questions this time. You can rip with an external hard drive. I copped one. Plugged it in, and i was immediately able to start ripping. Good times!!!!
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: General Computer Question   General Computer Question Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011, 9:13 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Well, i just went to Best Buy and the generally worthless staff was able to answer my questions this time. You can rip with an external hard drive. I copped one. Plugged it in, and i was immediately able to start ripping. Good times!!!!

Haha, if they couldn't answer that question they would have been fired on the spot
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: General Computer Question   General Computer Question Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011, 11:18 pm

Also, for future reference...

You can google things like "can i rip cds using an external cd drive?" It usually comes up with results from tech forums and whatnot. That's what I usually do if I have a question.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: General Computer Question   General Computer Question Icon_minitimeTue 22 Feb 2011, 7:03 pm

Shaking My Head @ Terry

lol....I guess I am a computer nerd....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: General Computer Question   General Computer Question Icon_minitimeTue 22 Feb 2011, 10:02 pm

Alan wrote:
Shaking My Head @ Terry

lol....I guess I am a computer nerd....

nah, i wouldn't say you're a nerd. I'm the first to admit that my computer knowledge is very, very limited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Computer Question   General Computer Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Computer Question
Page 1 of 1