Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons Empty
PostSubject: ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons   ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 7:08 pm

New Users: You don't really want these wack album covers next to your names, do you? I mean Chi Ali, Kriss Kross, 50 Cent, Lil Bow Wow...etc? I know I sure as hell would not....

Admins: Don't you feel that this may deter new users from staying with the forum and participating? It almost presents them as if they were inferior to long-time members. All we really want is some good hip-hop discussion here. I personally think it is an unnecessary sort of initiation.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons   ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 7:24 pm

The ranks are just album covers with corresponding jokes based on how many posts you have. Please direct all complaints to Kev so he can join your player hater's ball.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons   ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 7:27 pm

Yeah, it's just a joke and not meant to be inferior. Some people took offense and bitched and they got theirs personalized which is no problem. Most forums have ranks and they do imply new users need to put in time to get their rank up.

That said, Justin runs the forum so I'm sure he has his own way of deciding when things need to be changed.

I'm fine with it either way.

Last edited by Southern Rap Pro on Wed 16 Mar 2011, 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons   ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 7:33 pm

My point is, we may lose some good members if they don't initially feel welcomed.

I don't really care that much. I just always thought it was super gay. So I brought it up....
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons   ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 7:37 pm

I can see that. We do have a problem retaining people... but I wonder if that has more to do with the lack of compelling discussion more than anything else?

Like a chick joins and 1000 people welcome her... other people join and the welcome isn't as warm... so I dunno... that would be kind of creepy to me
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons   ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 7:42 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I can see that. We do have a problem retaining people... but I wonder if that has more to do with the lack of compelling discussion more than anything else?

Like a chick joins and 1000 people welcome her... other people join and the welcome isn't as warm... so I dunno... that would be kind of creepy to me

Yeah that is odd. lol

Are you able to add a picture right away in addition to your rank? I see you have no picture. Is that because you have not posted enough?
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons   ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 7:45 pm

Yeah, we can add pictures and signatures right away. Honestly, maybe we should at the very least have an intro post from Linker explaining the rank system, why its there, how people can request a change to their rank, add an avatar, signature, etc.

That would probably be very helpful.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons   ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 7:49 pm

Linker won't do that. Tell it to Terry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons   ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ATTN admins and new users....Avatar icons
Page 1 of 1