Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Atmosphere-The Family Sign

Go down 
+3
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Laced With Slang
T. Myers
7 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Atmosphere-The Family Sign Empty
PostSubject: Atmosphere-The Family Sign   Atmosphere-The Family Sign Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 12:05 am

Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Atmosphere-The Family Sign   Atmosphere-The Family Sign Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 12:13 am

Score = 0
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Atmosphere-The Family Sign   Atmosphere-The Family Sign Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 12:19 am

LOL, don't you have more Raekwon dick to suck in another thread?
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Atmosphere-The Family Sign   Atmosphere-The Family Sign Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 12:34 am

Score = 10

Been waiting for this to drop for a long minute. Cool packaging, Rhymesayers always put a lot of thought towards the packaging.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Atmosphere-The Family Sign   Atmosphere-The Family Sign Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 12:41 am

Victor Shade wrote:
Score = 10

Been waiting for this to drop for a long minute. Cool packaging, Rhymesayers always put a lot of thought towards the packaging.

yeah, Fifth Element is always cool with pre-orders. The hooked up the people who pre-order The Stimulus Package with the instros and 2 free mixtapes.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Atmosphere-The Family Sign   Atmosphere-The Family Sign Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 5:02 pm

I might pre order this. I want to give Atmosphere one more chance... or maybe I should peep some of their older shit...
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Atmosphere-The Family Sign   Atmosphere-The Family Sign Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 5:33 pm

Lucy Ford, if you've never heard it.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Atmosphere-The Family Sign   Atmosphere-The Family Sign Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011, 11:23 am

As a huge MN hip-hop fan, it pains me to say I'm not even looking forward to this album. Atmosphere has simply been on a downward slope IMO. I really hope I'm wrong and end up loving it....but I doubt it from the descriptions I read.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Atmosphere-The Family Sign   Atmosphere-The Family Sign Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011, 11:25 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I might pre order this. I want to give Atmosphere one more chance... or maybe I should peep some of their older shit...

I'd say Sevens Travels or Strictly Leakage (their free album). Both are 4.5 stars IMO. I actually don't even like Lucy Ford much at all (no offense Parker). My least favorite one perhaps.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Atmosphere-The Family Sign   Atmosphere-The Family Sign Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar 2011, 1:40 pm

Lucy Ford is their only album I call classic. It earned it over time...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Atmosphere-The Family Sign   Atmosphere-The Family Sign Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar 2011, 1:55 pm

The thing I don't like about Lucy Ford (and all "old" Atmosphere) is that Slug's under developed flow sounds whiny and tinny, and Ant's production is nowhere near as good as it is nowadays - especially in the engineering department.

Sad part is, Slug has gone too far the other way and sounds too refined now IMO. A lot of his lyrics are just straight boring to me now.

I like the happy medium
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Atmosphere-The Family Sign   Atmosphere-The Family Sign Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar 2011, 2:38 pm

I peeped Lucy Ford and dug it more than the lemons album...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Atmosphere-The Family Sign   Atmosphere-The Family Sign Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar 2011, 3:47 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I peeped Lucy Ford and dug it more than the lemons album...

I'd expect you would. I have them ranked pretty closely. I'd still take God Loves Ugly, Sevens Travels, You Can't Imagine..., Strictly Leakage, and maybe even Overcast over both of them.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Atmosphere-The Family Sign   Atmosphere-The Family Sign Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar 2011, 5:21 pm

Strictly Leakage is my favorite Atmosphere album
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Atmosphere-The Family Sign   Atmosphere-The Family Sign Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar 2011, 5:30 pm

Lucy Ford and Overcast don't get many spins from. I just don't like them like that. I prefer the newer Atmosphere stuff. Lemons, Strictly Leakage, and Sevens Travels are all impressive to me. Their EP's are all worthwhile too IMO.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Atmosphere-The Family Sign   Atmosphere-The Family Sign Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 7:13 pm

Anybody read the editorial review for the new "The Family Sign" album?

"Atmosphere returns with their 7th official studio album and the newest addition to their unparalleled body of work. The Family Sign comes from a place well refined and firmly planted, from a universal perspective. It's about being okay with losing friends and strengthening your bonds with others, celebrating the person who's been the most positive in your life, your kids, your homies, leaving the people you need to behind, and bringing the ones you love with you. It's about your family, your time and the time you have with them. It's about living and dying. It's the truth about family, that it comes from loyalty as much as biology. It's about breaking down your perceptions of family and really appreciating the people who've made you who you are and continue doing so. The Family Sign is Atmosphere's most personal and intimate album yet; it involves and engages the listener like never before. Slug's signature voice weaves in and out of Ant's ASR-born production, Nate Collis' bluesy guitar riffs and the sound of Erick Anderson's unmistakable keys giving The Family Sign a fresh, unique edge without sacrificing Atmosphere's signature sound. Custom printed heavyweight digi-pak that doubles as a picture frame with stand. Includes 5 silver foil stamped pictures backed with lyrics that can be changed in the frame."

Isn't that enough to make you wanna puke? Seriously. Who wrote this bullshit? This album sounds like it's going to suck balls. Moreover, I'm equally excited about "...Nate Collis' bluesy guitar riffs and the sound of Erick Anderson's unmistakable keys giving The Family Sign a fresh, unique edge without sacrificing Atmosphere's signature sound." - really? SMH. Just let Ant do his damn thing and quit fucking it up with lukewarm musicianship. Fuck.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Atmosphere-The Family Sign   Atmosphere-The Family Sign Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 7:17 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Atmosphere-The Family Sign   Atmosphere-The Family Sign Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 7:19 pm

Seriously though Terry. I smell bullshit all over that review. That son of a bitch should get the piss kicked out of him for writing such drivel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atmosphere-The Family Sign   Atmosphere-The Family Sign Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Atmosphere-The Family Sign
Page 1 of 1