Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary

Go down 
+5
Deanie O'Banion
SyRuP Sippa
KJ Styles
Highsmith
Wayne
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Empty
PostSubject: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeTue 29 Mar 2011, 9:45 pm

You know, 2 things became immediately clear after listening to this album:

1) Snoop made a VERY SMART decision by changing the title of this album from Doggystyle 2.

2) I'm glad Best Buy had this one sale for $7.99, because even as a long time Snoop fan who owns his entire discography, I would've been mad as hell had I paid the original price of $16.99 for this album.

As of this posting, I just got finished listening to this album, and this was a disappointment, more of the same from Snoop, nothing new or different. I officially nominate "Wet" as the worst Snoop song I've ever heard, hands down. IMO, this album, even after the first thorough listen, has absolutely no replay value. I actually like the "Ego Trippin" album more than this one, seriously.

Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Doggumentary
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeTue 29 Mar 2011, 10:22 pm

Thanks Wayne. .....If Ego Trippin' is better than this, then I know I need to stay far, far away from this one.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeTue 29 Mar 2011, 10:57 pm

Highsmith wrote:
Thanks Wayne. .....If Ego Trippin' is better than this, then I know I need to stay far, far away from this one.

Indeed, I forgot to download this today but it doesn't sound like I missed much. The early reviews on the net aren't very good either. Snoop hasn't released a good album since The Blue Carpet Treatment so I can't say I'm surprised.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeTue 29 Mar 2011, 10:59 pm

Man, I completely disagree wayne. Sure he has some commercial songs on here, but I think a good two thirds of this album is classic gangsta funky shit... dunno what album you heard.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011, 12:11 am

I liked the songs I remember paying attention to, a lot of life/career reflection being done on his part. Of course I remember liking what I payed attention to on the newest Cube disc, and I know this forum was disapointed with that one as well.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011, 9:46 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Man, I completely disagree wayne. Sure he has some commercial songs on here, but I think a good two thirds of this album is classic gangsta funky shit... dunno what album you heard.

There's nothing classic or gangsta on this album SRP. Have to disagree on that one.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011, 10:18 pm

I don't think you know what gangsta is then Wayne...lol
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011, 10:37 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I don't think you know what gangsta is then Wayne...lol

Lol.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011, 10:48 pm

I don't think that this album is as bad as Wayne makes it out to be. It's nothing spectacular but it's not terrible either. I think it's a 3.5 star effort, better than his last two albums for sure. Wet is a TERRIBLE song though.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 10:06 am

This album is not gangsta at all. Its a decent effort and I agree with KJ's rating of a 3.5 at best. Its kinda inconsistant but it has some real bangers mixed in here and there. That song Wet is pretty terrible though. And I did not like that My Fuckin House song either.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 12:53 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
This album is not gangsta at all. Its a decent effort and I agree with KJ's rating of a 3.5 at best. Its kinda inconsistant but it has some real bangers mixed in here and there. That song Wet is pretty terrible though. And I did not like that My Fuckin House song either.

lol... I think you guys need a lesson gangsta...

Snoop drops plenty of gangsta tracks on this CD, if you don't like it, you don't like it, but it doesn't mean it's not gangsta. A 3.5 rating is not bad and if you think it's bad then you need to drop your rating. Wet is one song out of 21 so how much is it really bringing down the rating? My fuckn house is banger too!
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 1:32 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

lol... I think you guys need a lesson gangsta...

Snoop drops plenty of gangsta tracks on this CD, if you don't like it, you don't like it, but it doesn't mean it's not gangsta. A 3.5 rating is not bad and if you think it's bad then you need to drop your rating. Wet is one song out of 21 so how much is it really bringing down the rating? My fuckn house is banger too!

It's not gangsta, it's more smooth than gangsta. And Kev's not saying that it's a bad album he's just saying that it ain't gangsta.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 1:38 pm

nah man, but Snoop is the smooth G-funk gangsta!

So how are songs like THe Way Life Used to Be, My Fuccn House, and all them joints not gangsta? Just because he's smooth with it? Makes no sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 1:41 pm

I would say 3.5 is a fair rating for this album. It doesn't blow me away but it's definitely better than his last few albums, IMO. Overall I think it has a nice, cool vibe, perfect for the approaching summer. And of course that song Wet is garbage. It reminds me of an old white lady at the office trying to do the Dougie...it just isnt working. Just be lucky that you guys haven't heard (I assume) the David Guetta Remix to Wet...it is straight up Jersey Shore, fist pump, homo shit. It comes with the deluxe version.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 3:21 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
nah man, but Snoop is the smooth G-funk gangsta!

So how are songs like THe Way Life Used to Be, My Fuccn House, and all them joints not gangsta? Just because he's smooth with it? Makes no sense to me.

Yeah I can see g-funk but for whatever reason I view g-funk and str8 gangsta separately. When I heard the album gangsta was the last thing on my mind. When I think gangsta when it comes to Snoop I think of Deep Cover, Just Don't Give A Fuck, What Would You Do, 21 Jumpstreet, 10 Lil Crips, Vato, etc etc. But it's not a big deal for me to debate against the g-funk claim. It mos def has elements of that. Shit Snoop defines g-funk.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 6:41 pm

3.5 is a good rating lol...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 7:01 pm

Not sure if I'll get this, all the tracks they play on SportsCenter sound weak as fuck.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 7:12 pm

lol... sportcenter probably plays the club tracks. I'd say this album might have some tracks you dig Half, but you're probably not going to dig most of it.

And slang, I actually have no problem with a 3.5 rating either... but it's weird to me for people to say 3.5 then hark on all the bad they found with the album, 3.5 is a pretty good rating to me so I wonder if people think 3.5 is bad now? or just want to gripe instead of point out the good? Like why rate something favorably and then not even talk about what you liked on the CD?

yea i agree it seems like when people give 3.5 they rarely say anything good about the album
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 7:23 pm

I've seen them play the shortest snip of It's D Only Thang on tuesday & wed, all the tracks...comedy.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 8:32 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I don't think that this album is as bad as Wayne makes it out to be. It's nothing spectacular but it's not terrible either. I think it's a 3.5 star effort, better than his last two albums for sure. Wet is a TERRIBLE song though.

IMO, 3.5 stars is WAY too high (and generous) for this album, but it's all good.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 8:34 pm

Wanduras wrote:
I would say 3.5 is a fair rating for this album. It doesn't blow me away but it's definitely better than his last few albums, IMO. Overall I think it has a nice, cool vibe, perfect for the approaching summer. And of course that song Wet is garbage. It reminds me of an old white lady at the office trying to do the Dougie...it just isnt working. Just be lucky that you guys haven't heard (I assume) the David Guetta Remix to Wet...it is straight up Jersey Shore, fist pump, homo shit. It comes with the deluxe version.

I still feel Ego Trippin is better than this album, and I certainly don't see Doggumentary being better than Malice N Wonderland.

I Wanna Rock (the original & the remix)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the Doggumentary album
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 8:47 pm

Malice in Wonder land is awful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary   Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snoop Dogg's Doggumentary
Page 1 of 1