Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me Empty
PostSubject: Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me   Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me Icon_minitimeWed 01 Jul 2009, 10:43 pm

All,

Alchemist's Chemical Warfare is banging!! I thought it would be weak, but I have to give the cat some credit for this joint. The only tracks I didn't feel were the ones with Prodigy, Fabolous, and Twista. Other than that, the album is a banger. Crooked I eats up the mic on "Acts of Violence" with Alchemist and Oh No. The Dogg Pound track was fire. Rage proves she still has it at almost 40 years of age. I wish she dropped another album aside from just a feature. Definite buy for me!! Thoughts?

4/5 ranking
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me   Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me Icon_minitimeWed 01 Jul 2009, 11:03 pm

nice ill have to pick this up that Acts of Violence beat is banging
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me   Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jul 2009, 2:31 am

Sounds dope but Crooked I is mad overrated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me   Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jul 2009, 10:12 am

IS IT OUT??
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me   Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jul 2009, 10:14 am

I think it drops this Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me   Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jul 2009, 11:02 am

Alchemist has moved further and further from his forte, which was an ear for soulful samples, and showcasing those in his production. I know he changed his equipment some time in the last couple years, and he seems to be incorporating more keyboard work, and a style more in line with what is more popular now. Which is a good business move, but I can't agree with the 4/5 rating, because it's not really a style I like. I also don't really like producer albums in general, with all these different emcees, they almost always sound disjointed, and I'm a full album listener, so the songs as discrete, individual units sound doesn't work for me as well.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me   Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jul 2009, 12:03 pm

Did you even listen to the whole album?
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me   Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jul 2009, 12:05 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me   Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jul 2009, 12:15 pm

Ok. So, he doesn't use the soulful samples to a certain extent. That doesn't mean the album sucks. Alc is just expanding his production a little. While a few songs miss the mark, the album as a whole is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me   Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jul 2009, 12:23 pm

I don't think it sucks, but I don't think it's great either, as I've explained. I do think he needed to expand his production, because the soul samples sound has tired somewhat, it at least needed to be refreshed somehow, but I don't like where he took his style. And I've stated my problem with how these producer albums are often constructed, which also holds this back. So, I'd give it a 3/5 at most.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me   Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alchemist - Chemical Warfare is dope!! 4/5 ranking for me
Page 1 of 1