Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage

Go down 
+7
Deanie O'Banion
Myestro
SyRuP Sippa
Tic706
KJ Styles
T. Myers
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
11 posters
AuthorMessage
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Empty
PostSubject: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 1:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Shocking news.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 1:45 pm

Yeah, i just heard about this. RIP
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 1:48 pm

For what it's worth, Macho Man vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat at WM3 is my favorite match of all time, and it's easily in contention as the best ever.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 1:54 pm

OMG I can't believe it! This really is sad. I'm shocked!

Macho vs Steamboat is one of my favs of all time as well. I also loved his series of matches against Flair, and his match against Ultimate Warrior at WM7 in my opinion was better than Hogan's match vs Warrior at WM6.

Randy Savage is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. Vince McMahon BETTER induct him into the WWE Hall Of Fame this year. He should have done it a long time ago.

R.I.P. Macho Man, you'll always be a champion in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 1:58 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

Macho vs Steamboat is one of my favs of all time as well. I also loved his series of matches against Flair, and his match against Ultimate Warrior at WM7 in my opinion was better than Hogan's match vs Warrior at WM6.

Randy Savage is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. Vince McMahon BETTER induct him into the WWE Hall Of Fame this year. He should have done it a long time ago.

I loved the storyline they used for WM7, but the match itself wasn't great. Still, most matches are better than Hogan vs. Warrior at WM6.

Macho Man deserves to be in the HOF, but i wouldn't bet on it.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 2:27 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I loved the storyline they used for WM7, but the match itself wasn't great. Still, most matches are better than Hogan vs. Warrior at WM6.

Macho Man deserves to be in the HOF, but i wouldn't bet on it.

I liked the match personally. Warrior was a sub-par worker but I felt that Macho Man carried him to a 4.5 star match. The Hogan/Warrior match was pretty good too considering that both guys are limited outside of raw power.

As for the HOF, there's been an urban legend going around saying that Macho Man slept with a then-underage Stephanie and that's why he hasn't been inducted but I don't buy it. If that were true, Vince would have had him thrown in jail.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 2:31 pm

Yeah, i've heard the Stephanie story too, but Vince released the Macho Man DVD, and other merchandise in recent years. Hopefully the HOF is next.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 2:33 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Yeah, i've heard the Stephanie story too, but Vince released the Macho Man DVD, and other merchandise in recent years. Hopefully the HOF is next.

Yeah, that's another reason why I don't buy the Steph story. I have the Macho Man DVD, and he's in the latest WWE All-Stars game too. I sure hope the HOF is next.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 2:37 pm

How is the Macho Man set? what matches does it have?
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 2:46 pm

T. Myers wrote:

It's great! It has the aforementioned matches with Steamboat and Warrior we talked about as well as an additional Steamboat match from like 85 or so. Some Hogan matches, Flair matches, DDP matches, a Tito Santana match, a Bruno Sammartino match, a Jake The Snake match, a really cool match vs a young Shawn Michaels, and a tag team match with him and Bret Hart vs Flair and Michaels. There's more but those are the highlights. Definitely worth a purchase.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 3:18 pm

Damn man, hate to hear this. Macho is one of my fav wrestlers.

And i agree that Steamboat vs. Savage>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 3:19 pm

RIP to one of the best ever.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 3:20 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

It's great! It has the aforementioned matches with Steamboat and Warrior we talked about as well as an additional Steamboat match from like 85 or so. Some Hogan matches, Flair matches, DDP matches, a Tito Santana match, a Bruno Sammartino match, a Jake The Snake match, a really cool match vs a young Shawn Michaels, and a tag team match with him and Bret Hart vs Flair and Michaels. There's more but those are the highlights. Definitely worth a purchase.

I got it also, and now i'm even more glad I got it. And that new WWE All Stars game which is the 1st time in a long time a Macho Man character has graced one of their games.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 4:21 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I got it also, and now i'm even more glad I got it. And that new WWE All Stars game which is the 1st time in a long time a Macho Man character has graced one of their games.

Yeah the DVD and the game are dope as fuck! I just might pop the DVD back in tonight or tommorrow to reminisce.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 5:08 pm

The news was the first thing I saw when I got online today. It was shocking, and it certainly does suck.

R.I.P. Macho Man.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 5:19 pm

RIP Randy. Besides L.O.D., he was my favorite as a kid. Sad news, all these wrestlers pass way too soon. I still have have my airbrushed tee of Hulk Who? like the one he sported from when I was 6 or so (this thing is so small it could fit on a stuffed animal). Yes, over here we've never stopped thinking the air brush tee was a good idea hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 7:38 pm

Christ...another heart attack?

I'm not a wrestling fan in the least, but RIP
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 8:13 pm

RIP Macho Man
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 8:23 pm

Never watched wrestling but I've heard of this guy. Has to mean something. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 8:44 pm

RIP to the legendary Macho Man Randy Savage. I'm still shocked at this news. He was one of the all time greats, and I agree he should be in the WWE Hall Of Fame next year, although he should've been in there a long time ago, but that's another story for another day. I'll always remember his WWF run before he left for WCW in 1994. Classic memories.

Savage vs. Steamboat @ Wrestlemania III>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Savage vs. Hogan @ Wrestlemania V>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Savage vs. Warrior @ Wrestlemania VII>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Savage vs. Flair @ Wrestlemania VIII>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 8:47 pm

T. Myers wrote:

I know KJ already gave you a brief description of some of the matches on the set, but I wanted to include the actual listing also:

Disc 1

WWE Debut
Randy Savage vs. Rick McGraw
Prime Time Wrestling July 9, 1985

Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat
Boston Garden December 7, 1985

WWE Championship Match
Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan
Madison Square Garden December 30, 1985

WWE Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship
Randy Savage vs. Tito Santana
Boston Garden February 8, 1986

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
Randy Savage vs. Bruno Sammartino
Boston Garden January 3, 1987

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat
WrestleMania III March 29, 1987

Randy Savage vs. Honky Tonk Man
The Main Event February 5, 1988

WWE Championship Tournament Final
Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase
WrestleMania IV March 27, 1988

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship
Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase
Madison Square Garden June 25, 1988

Disc 2

Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant & Ted DiBiase
SummerSlam August 29, 1988

WWE Championship Match
WrestleMania V April 2, 1989

WWE Championship Match
The Main Event March 22, 1990

Randy Savage / Sherri vs. Dusty Rhodes / Sapphire
WrestleMania VI April 1, 1990

Retirement Match
Randy Savage vs. Ultimate Warrior
WrestleMania VII March 24, 1991

Randy Savage vs. Jake Roberts
This Tuesday in Texas December 3, 1991

WWE Championship Match
Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair
WrestleMania VIII April 5, 1992

Disc 3

WWE Championship Match
Randy Savage vs. Shawn Michaels
European Rampage April 19, 1992

Randy Savage & Bret Hart vs. Ric Flair & Shawn Michaels
Worcester, MA July 22, 1992

WWE Championship Match
Randy Savage vs. Yokozuna
RAW February 28, 1994

Lifeguard Match
Bash at the Beach July 16, 1995

WCW Championship Match
Nitro January 22, 1996

Falls Count Anywhere Match
Randy Savage vs. Diamond Dallas Page
Great American Bash June 15, 1997

WCW Championship Match
Randy Savage & Sid Vicious vs. Kevin Nash & Sting
Bash at the Beach July 11, 1999
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011, 10:54 pm

It doesn't have the debacle that was Savage and Zeus vs. Hogan and Beefcake? That sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage   Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rest in Peace to the Slim Jim, Macho Man Randy Savage
Page 1 of 1