Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How much would you pay for a custom mixtape?

Go down 
+4
Half
Tic706
Myestro
SyRuP Sippa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

How much would you pay for a custom mixtape? Empty
PostSubject: How much would you pay for a custom mixtape?   How much would you pay for a custom mixtape? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 7:37 pm

I don't mean just something you could do at home, but what if a well known DJ would mix and make a mixtape with songs of your choice - how much would you be willing to pay?

I'm thinking of droppin 50 to get a personal screw tape made by DJ Red, the official DJ for Screwed Up Records and Tapes... seems reasonable... I get a screwed and chopped mix of 13 songs of my choice so I'm thinking it'd be a dope b-day present to myself.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay for a custom mixtape?   How much would you pay for a custom mixtape? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 7:48 pm

As in a one-of-a-kind, for you only mixtape by that DJ? $50 does seem reasonable, though an avid collector would probably pay more.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay for a custom mixtape?   How much would you pay for a custom mixtape? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 8:03 pm

With the software out there couldn't you do it yourself?

I understand it will not be as professional. $50 seems a little steepunless its really a lot of labor involved.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay for a custom mixtape?   How much would you pay for a custom mixtape? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 10:30 pm

I guess I should clarify that in my scenario it would be a mixed and chopped and blended thing. You have to have some talent to do this.

I can do mixing decently on my own, screwing and chopping not so much though. That and the other thing is in the scenario it'd be a semi decently well know name so it wouldn't just be about the mix, but about who did it too.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay for a custom mixtape?   How much would you pay for a custom mixtape? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 10:31 pm

Yeah I'd probably pay a good amount, especially since it is custom made by a pro in the industry.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay for a custom mixtape?   How much would you pay for a custom mixtape? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 11:11 pm

Would these be songs specially C&S just for you or are they songs he has C&S before?
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay for a custom mixtape?   How much would you pay for a custom mixtape? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 11:18 pm

It's be specifically done for me and some people say he sometimes even shouts you out and hosts the tape for you and some of them will look like:

How much would you pay for a custom mixtape? 066df667
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay for a custom mixtape?   How much would you pay for a custom mixtape? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 11:21 pm

I would assume people would pay this amount for a Kay Slay or Clue mixtape. If it's as personal as you say it is and you choose the songs, i'd say go for it.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay for a custom mixtape?   How much would you pay for a custom mixtape? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 11:32 pm

yeah, each song is chopped for your tape, even if he chopped it before. I just gotta email him again. DJ Red responded but I have not heard any reviews about his mixtapes, Lil' Randy has gotten good reviews from everyone and he lets you name it and will press it light scribe for you too so that might be the way to go. I just gotta choose my 13 songs... seagram and mac dre will be musts
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay for a custom mixtape?   How much would you pay for a custom mixtape? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 12:11 am

Sounds like a plan, $50 is not an asinine asking price by any means. I got a generic C & S version of Ant Banks & Goldy's Parlayin' I think it was Crumps Brother over on BOT that did it, so anybody can do it I guess if they have the program, not too sure. I'm wondering how many DJ's are actually authorized to professionally label it Screwed? There's a Dub Rock band from San Jose, The Holdup that on their 2011 release Stay Gold have a track labled Chopped & Screwed called The Drugs, I've been wondering if that has to be Authorized by somebody in particular to use the name?
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay for a custom mixtape?   How much would you pay for a custom mixtape? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 9:38 am

That sounds like a cool personal gift.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay for a custom mixtape?   How much would you pay for a custom mixtape? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 9:15 pm

The DJ I would select would be my favorite DJ, current and of all time, DJ Juice (Trenton, NJ). The most I would pay would be $35 ($40 maximum).
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay for a custom mixtape?   How much would you pay for a custom mixtape? Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jun 2011, 7:11 pm

Deanie O'Banion wrote:
Sounds like a plan, $50 is not an asinine asking price by any means. I got a generic C & S version of Ant Banks & Goldy's Parlayin' I think it was Crumps Brother over on BOT that did it, so anybody can do it I guess if they have the program, not too sure. I'm wondering how many DJ's are actually authorized to professionally label it Screwed? There's a Dub Rock band from San Jose, The Holdup that on their 2011 release Stay Gold have a track labled Chopped & Screwed called The Drugs, I've been wondering if that has to be Authorized by somebody in particular to use the name?

Well the screwed and chopped thing has been pretty mishandled man.

Basically when he was alive Screw never took it that serious enough for him to be about his business. From what I hear he was happy mixing music, being low key, and not being some big business man. He never trademarked or copy righted any of his names, or anything. Everything was sort of done based on the fact people knew him.

After he passed his fam took over his affairs and his shop. They seem to be happy just running the 7 music stores here in Texas and the website is only functional from time to time. So since no one "owns" the rights to it, anyone can technically use the name "Screwed and Chopped" - but down here it is generally understood the only real screwed and chopped music was made by DJ Screw so people don't call their shit "screw" music. Michael Watts calls his shit "Swishahouse Remixed" nowadays. Sometimes his shit says "screwed" but Screw hated watts in real life because he stole his style.

Ron C calls his shit "chopped not slopped" - trae calls his shit Slab'ed (Slow Loud And Bangin), etc. So people who respect don't use it. A handful of affiliates do sometimes like Lil Randy, DJ Red, and DJ Big Baby.

Coincidentally, I hit up the screw shop here in fort worth (they apparently opened one last year, I just found out about it) and got some shit. Found one lone song with Seagram on it and got a few Mac Mall songs on the mixes.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay for a custom mixtape?   How much would you pay for a custom mixtape? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011, 12:22 am

I dig the SLAB, but that's due to ABN being so good. Thanks for the info, I was wondering if it was just scumbags living off Screws legacy that shouldn't be calling it that. I'm sure he wouldn't mind the real using it:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay for a custom mixtape?   How much would you pay for a custom mixtape? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much would you pay for a custom mixtape?
Page 1 of 1