Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That 'Television' Contraption

Go down 
+8
Half
KJ Styles
Myestro
parker lewis
Dang! Trotter
thelundquist
SyRuP Sippa
Shaun
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 11:56 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
ColdBoy456 wrote:
The season premier of the Tigers beating the yankees was great as well, and episode two tonight is playing out nicely.

Well that series is being cancelled after two episodes, whereas Tony Romo starring in "The Most Mistake Prone QB in the World" has become a smash hit and has been given a full season pick up. As usual though, it'll be off the air right after Christmas.

And I must say I am glad they showed the series finale despite "cancelling" it! I always hate when they cancel a show midseason and don't show what happens at the end.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 4:40 pm

I forgot to add Workaholics and The League to my staple shows list.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan 2012, 9:35 pm

Wrapping up season 3 Deadwood again... there has never been anything better on television. I miss the writing when I'm between viewings. Nothing substitutes.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012, 9:34 am

Been catching up with Breaking Bad recently. Not a show for everyone but it appeals to my inner geek.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012, 4:35 pm

The Big Bang Theory is easily the best sitcom currently on TV
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012, 5:19 pm

Are you really retarded?
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 4:31 am

parker lewis wrote:
Are you really retarded?

Nope, but I've known you to be a fucking moron from day one.

Big Bang Theory is hilarious, and being that it's currently the highest rated sitcom on TV I'm obviously not the only person who shares that opinion.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 2:07 pm

Well, most people are idiots... I don't need you to take their side to see that. What's the most popular hip-hop? Anywhere near the best?

How can you even sit through that unfunny canned-laugh 90s formula?

Have you seen 30 Rock, Community, Blue Mountain State, Louie...?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 2:26 pm

American Idol is pretty popular
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 5:38 pm

I like The Big Bang Theory, but it's not the best to me. I prefer How I Met Your Mother over that.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2012, 2:37 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Well, most people are idiots... I don't need you to take their side to see that. What's the most popular hip-hop? Anywhere near the best?

How can you even sit through that unfunny canned-laugh 90s formula?

Have you seen 30 Rock, Community, Blue Mountain State, Louie...?

Seen all of those, Big Bang is infinitely better than them all. I do like Community but NBC made a mistake airing it vs Big Bang and that mistake is the reason why it's been put on hiatus. I never really cared for 30 Rock. Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin are overrated. Blue Mountain State is ok, and Louie doesn't do it for me.

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2012, 5:55 pm

Community takes the same break as 30 Rock every year, it was under debate to be cancelled, but the hiatus is routine. Big Bang Theory is mindless pseudo humor. Eat it up if that's what you're into, a waste of time personally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2012, 11:28 pm

Parker Lewis has the greatest taste ever.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 12:08 am

Personally, I can't wait for this...

Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 9:59 am

Looking forward to it as well. Went through season 1 within a week and was left wanting more.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 11:49 am

I should give that an honest chance. I saw the first couple episodes and definitely was impressed by certain elements of the show. It seemed to rely a bit too heavily on scandalous sexual subplots. It gave me a medieval soap opera vibe. Quite a few people have told me that my first impression is off the mark.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 6:43 pm

parker lewis wrote:
I should give that an honest chance. I saw the first couple episodes and definitely was impressed by certain elements of the show. It seemed to rely a bit too heavily on scandalous sexual subplots. It gave me a medieval soap opera vibe. Quite a few people have told me that my first impression is off the mark.

Haha, don't watch episode 7 then. Most of the sex/nude scenes (especially the ones involving the Ros character) are just a way for whatever male character to have a monologue that lets the viewers know their thoughts and such.

But, there's even lots of sex in the books, so I don't know.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 6:56 pm

Well, I definitely don't hate nudity... it just seemed like they were aiming for the romance-novel-crowd.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Feb 2012, 12:01 am

Oh, nah. They cut a big battle scene out due to limited budget, but the show is more of a medieval political intrigue thing. Season 2 will be moreso, if they follow the 2nd book as close as they followed the first for Season 1.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Feb 2012, 6:25 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Community takes the same break as 30 Rock every year, it was under debate to be cancelled, but the hiatus is routine. Big Bang Theory is mindless pseudo humor. Eat it up if that's what you're into, a waste of time personally.

You're just mad cuz you ain't as smart or funny as the cast of Big Bang Theory. Both Community and 30 Rock would be cancelled on CBS, ABC, or Fox, but since the ratings for most NBC shows are terrible they have lesser standards so they'll likely be renewed. Next season will likely be Community's last.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Feb 2012, 8:27 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
You're just mad cuz you ain't as smart or funny as the cast of Big Bang Theory.

lmao
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 02 Feb 2012, 9:41 pm

If somebody didn't say "Justified is dope" yet, well

Justified is dope
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Feb 2012, 4:17 am

Myestro wrote:
I like The Big Bang Theory, but it's not the best to me. I prefer How I Met Your Mother over that.

I like How I Met Your Mother too, but not as much as Big Bang.

Of the four regular broadcast networks, I'd say CBS has the best roster of shows easily. I watch 4 of their drama (NCIS, NCIS LA, Criminal Minds, Person Of Interest) and 3 of their comedies (Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, 2 Broke Girls)
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Feb 2012, 10:59 am

Been watching Dexter quite a bit these days. Quality show.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Feb 2012, 12:46 pm

Half wrote:

Justified is dope

I didn't say it's dope (which it is), but I did list it as one that I watch, way back on page 1.

Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Feb 2012, 10:48 pm

Myestro wrote:
Half wrote:

Justified is dope

I didn't say it's dope (which it is), but I did list it as one that I watch, way back on page 1.

Oh, my mistake (kinda). Props to you good sir.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Feb 2012, 11:00 pm

Mags Bennett might be my favorite tv villain.

Swearengen & Stringer are up there too
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Feb 2012, 12:25 am

parker lewis wrote:
Mags Bennett might be my favorite tv villain.

Swearengen & Stringer are up there too

Mags was awesome. As was Swearengen, though by season 3, he was more of an anti-hero. I still need to watch The Wire, so I have no opinion on Stringer.

Neal McDonough is showing some promise for Justified this season.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Feb 2012, 12:08 pm

The duality is present in all of these characters, that's what makes them so strong... I'm thinking I like Bartlowe better in The Wire. Stringer was a tactician but he lacked the heart to be in this group.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Feb 2012, 12:11 pm

The near death experience was Swearengen's turning point... it was interesting to see him blessing everyone with his words of wisdom. Do you know if there was a behind the scenes reason Doc got siderailed in Season 3?
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Feb 2012, 1:24 pm

Cise wrote:
Been watching Dexter quite a bit these days. Quality show.

Yeah Dexter is dope. That and Breaking Bad are my favorite cable scripted shows.

My fav cable show overall is The First 48
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Feb 2012, 8:52 pm

Breaking Bad, Adult Swim shows, Wilfred and Justified is all I watch now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Feb 2012, 10:25 pm

House was AWESOME last night. I get the feeling that next season will be it's last though. I just hope that Chase doesn't leave the show before then.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Feb 2012, 11:10 pm

I bet... did they spend 40 min figuring out what was wrong, 5 min treating it to find out they were wrong... 10 min figuring out what the real problem is then 5 min epilogue?

Sounds great.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Feb 2012, 11:36 pm

parker lewis wrote:
The duality is present in all of these characters, that's what makes them so strong... I'm thinking I like Bartlowe better in The Wire. Stringer was a tactician but he lacked the heart to be in this group.

Do you mean Marlo?

And yeah Stringer was too much of a businessman. Some of that expertise is needed in that "profession" but after a while you'd start to realize that being a successful businessman typically involves staying away from first degree murder and drug trafficking. Typically, mind you.

Marlo was just the opposite, doing the business shit because he felt forced to at the end of the last season. He really just wanted to focus on the streets which was made pretty obvious when he dipped out of that black tie shit to step to some dudes on the corner.

Minor spoilers son, my bad.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Feb 2012, 11:46 pm

I liked Bartlowe better than Marlo as a character.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Feb 2012, 11:53 pm

Who is Bartlowe? Do you mean Avon Barksdale or Chris Partlow?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Feb 2012, 1:22 am

Yeah yeah, Partlow. My bad.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Feb 2012, 1:57 am

Ah ok. Yeah Chris was cool. Seemed like he had some family issues growing up... resulted in a brutal muuurdaaaaa
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Feb 2012, 8:48 am

Half wrote:
Ah ok. Yeah Chris was cool. Seemed like he had some family issues growing up... resulted in a brutal muuurdaaaaa

Yeah, David Simon has said that part of Chris' backstory included him being molested as a child it never made it into the series aside from it being infered from the intense passionate beating he gave Mike's father. I still prefer the Stringer character over Chris though.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 9:08 pm

Haha... this is pretty much how Game of Thrones seems to me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That 'Television' Contraption   That 'Television' Contraption - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That 'Television' Contraption
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: