Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vakill "Armor of God"

Go down 
+7
Laced With Slang
parker lewis
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Highsmith
Tic706
Half
E. Taylor
11 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Vakill "Armor of God" Empty
PostSubject: Vakill "Armor of God"   Vakill "Armor of God" Icon_minitimeSun 21 Aug 2011, 5:42 pm

Is there not a review thread on this album? Anyways, 4 stars from me.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Vakill "Armor of God"   Vakill "Armor of God" Icon_minitimeSun 21 Aug 2011, 5:48 pm

Lol yeah man that's messed up that there isn't a review thread for this yet.

This is 4.5 stars for me, if Cyrus Malachi only put 109% into Ancient Future, Vakill would have my AOTY. Dope beats, dope rhymes with lots of quotables, I don't know how someone couldn't like this to be honest. As far as his discog goes I still think The Darkest Cloud is his best album, but this is a close second... WFC is a close third by the way.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Vakill "Armor of God"   Vakill "Armor of God" Icon_minitimeSun 21 Aug 2011, 6:16 pm

I found the 1st half rather average and semi boring. I think it get better during the 2nd half with the more story type songs. But I haven't listened to this album in full but once. Vakill does not hold my attention.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Vakill "Armor of God"   Vakill "Armor of God" Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 11:32 am

but we all know that you don't find Willie D boring though, Kev....lol I need to revisit this again soon but the 2 times I heard it, it was pretty good to me...which is why I gave it a 4.5. Atleast we agree on The Game's CD.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Vakill "Armor of God"   Vakill "Armor of God" Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 1:04 pm

Highsmith wrote:
but we all know that you don't find Willie D boring though, Kev....lol I need to revisit this again soon but the 2 times I heard it, it was pretty good to me...which is why I gave it a 4.5. Atleast we agree on The Game's CD.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course not. How can I find this boring and tell me where the hell does Vakill fit in this?...lol.

Vakill can't compete with that!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Vakill "Armor of God"   Vakill "Armor of God" Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 3:17 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
I found the 1st half rather average and semi boring. I think it get better during the 2nd half with the more story type songs. But I haven't listened to this album in full but once. Vakill does not hold my attention.

I don't know how one can enjoy bumping a Plies album, but not Vakill. confused scratch Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Vakill "Armor of God"   Vakill "Armor of God" Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 3:32 pm

Tran, I would give you a +10 if I could. Obviously, I wouldn't know anything about Vakill if it wasn't for you all but Armor Of God & Worst Fears Confirmed were welcome additions to my Itunes.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Vakill "Armor of God"   Vakill "Armor of God" Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 5:58 pm

Bad Moon Rison wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

I don't know how one can enjoy bumping a Plies album, but not Vakill. confused scratch Shaking My Head

Why you gotta bring up old shit?....lol. If thats all you got you really need to practice more.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Vakill "Armor of God"   Vakill "Armor of God" Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 8:14 pm

I would go 4/4.25. I agree with Kevin, the album starts slow. I also agree with Half... better than Worst Fears, lesser than Darkest Cloud.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Vakill "Armor of God"   Vakill "Armor of God" Icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 12:22 pm

just spun this, album is pretty good. Its too long, an MC like Vakill requries a lot of attention and that can be a good and bad thing. Sometimes it was hard for him to keep my attention through the whole album despite the good lyricisim. The production was good, but sometimes blending together. He should have cut this down to about 14 tracks, and had a couple shorter tracks, 3 verses on most tracks is sometimes a chore.

also, most tracks were good but there weren't any specific ones that truly grabbed me like his previous 2 albums as songs that id play alone over and over...

Ill give it 3.75 as of now
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Vakill "Armor of God"   Vakill "Armor of God" Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012, 4:01 pm

BUMP!!! Just in reply to Steve's comment on the Simon ep
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Vakill "Armor of God"   Vakill "Armor of God" Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 9:22 pm

One of my favs from 2011. Sick Cinema and Proof are on my Best Of 2011 Rap playlist.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Vakill "Armor of God"   Vakill "Armor of God" Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 9:26 pm

Vakill still checks this forum, he called me out on Twitter for saying his album was wack, haha.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Vakill "Armor of God"   Vakill "Armor of God" Icon_minitimeSat 22 Sep 2012, 8:17 pm

YO VAKILL LET ME GET A VERSE
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Vakill "Armor of God"   Vakill "Armor of God" Icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 3:13 pm

SteveT wrote:
Vakill still checks this forum, he called me out on Twitter for saying his album was wack, haha.

this is an extremely sick white man right here......lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Vakill "Armor of God"   Vakill "Armor of God" Icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 3:14 pm

Tic706 wrote:
Highsmith wrote:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course not. How can I find this boring and tell me where the hell does Vakill fit in this?...lol.

Vakill can't compete with that!!!!!!!!!

And Kev your even WORSE mayne....lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vakill "Armor of God"   Vakill "Armor of God" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vakill "Armor of God"
Page 1 of 1