Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hurricane Irene

Go down 
+4
Myestro
Justin Linker
parker lewis
KJ Styles
8 posters
AuthorMessage
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 10:49 am

Who all in the forum has been hit with this, and how are y'all holding up?

I lost power sometime last night/this morning. I went to sleep around 3ish in the morning so I don't know what time it happened. Fortunately, I have a generator so I can operate the refrigerator, computer, and one TV until power gets restored.

From what I've heard, over 30 million people from North Carolina to Maine have lost power, and that was the report last night, it's probably increased since then. The worst of the storm has passed us although it's still raining and kinda windy, but around 1am last night it started to get brutal. I hope that everyone who lives between those areas stays safe!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 11:02 am

Luckily she was only moving around 11 mph and didn't take any surprise lunges. I'm pretty sure most people had time to prepare or flee. Any idea on the damage to the city? I gotta wonder how Baltimore's doing, too.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 11:12 am

parker lewis wrote:
Luckily she was only moving around 11 mph and didn't take any surprise lunges. I'm pretty sure most people had time to prepare or flee. Any idea on the damage to the city? I gotta wonder how Baltimore's doing, too.

I heard the Baltimore/DC area got hit pretty hard. Not sure about the totals though.

The last report I read for this area, like 700,000 in CT are without power (myself included) and 4 million people in NYC are without power, that's like half the city! I pray for everybody.

Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 11:42 am

We just got the wind off of it here in the Charlotte area. The coast got nailed pretty hard though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 12:46 pm

We're just getting rain up near Syracuse. Some moderate winds, but nothing really damaging. It's just been raining steady since 3:30am and probably won't stop until sometime tonight. The only real concern here is flooding.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 2:59 pm

We've been starting to get some wind, but that's it. Not really expecting to get hit with much
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 6:07 pm

Here in MD/DC it rained for about 15 hours straight, winds, etc We had minimal damage to my place. ..Just water that made it to the basement. We have power but there are still several folks without power.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 1:53 pm

We got fucked up hard, finally got everything back about 2 hours ago. I was previously running on generator power but now I feel rejoiced that I can finally use my central air, oven, and washer/dryer.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 5:38 pm

Good to hear. And, you don't need an oven. They make microwaves for a reason.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 6:26 pm

You better at least have a toaster oven you nasty soggy food eatin motherfucker.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 6:54 pm

parker lewis wrote:
You better at least have a toaster oven you nasty soggy food eatin motherfucker.

I do have a toaster oven, and a GRILL!! So I eat quite well you dog eatin motherfucker!

And Shaun, I do have a microwave, but they don't work when the power is out. Fortunately, now it does.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 7:03 pm

Parker eats dog?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 8:06 pm

I was addressing Shaun
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 8:07 pm

And no I don't fucking eat dog.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 8:44 pm

Nas wrote:
What's wrong with a little dog every now and then?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2011, 1:06 am

smh. I was making a joke because both need electricity...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Irene
Page 1 of 1