Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guru's lyrics

Go down 
+4
Highsmith
D.Powell
Tic706
parker lewis
8 posters
AuthorMessage
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Guru's lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Guru's lyrics   Guru's lyrics Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 12:41 pm

I can't take him seriously on the mic. At least 80% of his rhymes are tough-guy this or that. Meanwhile he was afraid of his own shadow. That dude pimped him like a cult leader. He even had him isolated from his family.

It's just silly listening to him pretending to be running shit.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Guru's lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guru's lyrics   Guru's lyrics Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 12:49 pm

I never took Guru as a tough guy only. He did come off as a stand up dude but nothing to be feared per say.

And as far as all that post death drama that was some weird shit. They may were lovers.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Guru's lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guru's lyrics   Guru's lyrics Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 7:14 am

Score = 0

an absolutely idiotic thread from an absolutely idiotic individual with no MEDULLA OBLONGATA Laughing

R.I.P to the legend G.U.R.U.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Guru's lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guru's lyrics   Guru's lyrics Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 11:36 am

Please find something else to talk about........This thread
gets a big

Score = 0

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Guru's lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guru's lyrics   Guru's lyrics Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 12:38 pm

I don't see how this is so odd to mention. This is honestly a thought I had while listening to Gang Starr. I mean, all his lyrics are about how he's on top of everything. Meanwhile to find out some dude was psychologically abusing him and turning him against his friends & family...

That's not a point of interest to anybody but me?
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Guru's lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guru's lyrics   Guru's lyrics Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 3:00 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Score = 0

an absolutely idiotic thread from an absolutely idiotic individual with no MEDULLA OBLONGATA Laughing

R.I.P to the legend G.U.R.U.

REAL TALK!!
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Guru's lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guru's lyrics   Guru's lyrics Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 3:08 pm

People just getting their panties in a knot because of the way GURU passed away and because truth is his relationship with SOLAR and how he was punked and bitched was at odds with the image fans had built up of Guru not necesarrily as a tough guy, but at least of a strong black man. Hearing all this shit about him being domestically abused and controlled by another man goes at odds with what they want their hero to be so they rather not talk about it under the guise of "not talking bad about the dead." Truth is that Solar shit is sick and Guru while talking a certain game I never took to be trying to come off as a hard core street guy. Yeah he said a lot of shit but I more took it as him representing the street lifestyle on wax than him saying he actually lived it.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Guru's lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guru's lyrics   Guru's lyrics Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 3:12 pm

Regardless of all that, this thread was done in poor taste. Besides, Guru wasn't fuckin with Solar during the Gangstarr era so everything he was saying when he was with Premier may well have been accurate.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Guru's lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guru's lyrics   Guru's lyrics Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 3:16 pm

I don't see how this was done in poor taste. And Parker's point is the fact that his gangstarr era work directly contradicts who he was with Solar.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Guru's lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guru's lyrics   Guru's lyrics Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 3:18 pm

Exactly, Solaar didn't come around until the Jazzmatazz days. The only Gang Starr album that was made during/after that was The Ownerz, which is still a nice Gang Starr album. If you want to talk about Guru's lyrics and keep it at that then fine, but Solaar had 0 to do with the Gang Starr days. Find something else to talk about.....
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Guru's lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guru's lyrics   Guru's lyrics Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 3:30 pm

ColdBoy456 wrote:
I don't see how this was done in poor taste. And Parker's point is the fact that his gangstarr era work directly contradicts who he was with Solar.

I don't give a fuck, this is a stupid conversation made by an idiot that's trying to speak ill of the dead. Honestly, other than what Solar was saying (which may or may not be true) we really don't know what all was going on in Guru's personal life, and honestly I don't care. I remember Guru for the great contributions he gave to hip-hop, and Gangstarr is one of my favorite groups of all time. Neither Solar nor Parker is going to change the way I view him.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Guru's lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guru's lyrics   Guru's lyrics Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 3:33 pm

No one is trying to change the way you view him or even asking you to take part in this conversation.

Parker has a point. If you want to put your head in a hole like an Ostrich and ignore the truth then that's your choice. If you want to ignore people's personal lives and only consider the music, that's your choice. But if people want to speak about the truth and the fact that not just Solar said shit about Guru being under his control then that's their right too.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Guru's lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guru's lyrics   Guru's lyrics Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 5:38 pm

I was listening to Daily Operation... listening to Guru talking mountains of shit (which I have always enjoyed)... and it hit me...

This is the same dude that was stripped of all his confidence and decision-making by another man.

I now find it difficult to listen to this man present himself as someone of confidence (which his lyrics clearly emphasized, at all times), knowing full well what he allowed himself to become.

This is not unintelligent, disrespectful, or hateful. All the emotion is on that side of the table, guys. This is a valid point.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Guru's lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guru's lyrics   Guru's lyrics Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 5:46 pm

How many times have we discussed:

"What if your favorite emcee came out of the closet"

... and just about everyone here said:

'... I don't think I could listen to his music... he'd either be lying or speaking on gayness.' (paraphrase)

Now, I'm not saying Guru was gay, but some information has come to light that equally contradicts his projected image. And, now that there's a face to the hypothetical... everybody gets butt-hurt in their denial.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Guru's lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guru's lyrics   Guru's lyrics Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 8:01 pm

parker lewis wrote:
I can't take him seriously on the mic. At least 80% of his rhymes are tough-guy this or that. Meanwhile he was afraid of his own shadow. That dude pimped him like a cult leader. He even had him isolated from his family.

It's just silly listening to him pretending to be running shit.

First off , I dont think he was being pimped his whole career. Maybe sometime after the Moment Of Truth Guru fell into obscurity. But Guru was never a tuff guy never wanted to be.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Guru's lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guru's lyrics   Guru's lyrics Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 8:19 pm

Ummm I don't know what lyrics you're hearing, but all I hear from Guru is how in-charge he always is.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

Guru's lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guru's lyrics   Guru's lyrics Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 8:52 pm

Highsmith wrote:
Exactly, Solaar didn't come around until the Jazzmatazz days. The only Gang Starr album that was made during/after that was The Ownerz, which is still a nice Gang Starr album. If you want to talk about Guru's lyrics and keep it at that then fine, but Solaar had 0 to do with the Gang Starr days. Find something else to talk about.....

MC Solaar featured on the track ''Le Bien, Le Mal'' from Jazzmatazz in 1993. I dont know how long SOLAR has been around or when he started working with Guru but Solaar and Solar are 2 different people.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Guru's lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guru's lyrics   Guru's lyrics Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2011, 1:43 pm

I do remember Guru's line were he said : "Without esteem for yourself/ bunny, youre going nowhere"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guru's lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guru's lyrics   Guru's lyrics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guru's lyrics
Page 1 of 1