Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Im fucking sick of....

Go down 
+2
D.Powell
Laced With Slang
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Im fucking sick of.... Empty
PostSubject: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 1:17 am

Rappers, especially newer ones, constantly talking about the "wack state of hip hop" in their songs. Yea its cool to diss the "sucka mc's" and shit but talking about how hip hop is wack and hip hop is dead is getitng fucking played out even if it may be true. Id rather have a rapper bring something original to the table instead of just complaining for 4 minutes about how hip hop is wack and they wish it was 1993.

Hip hop needs a breath of fresh air and talking about how much it sucks doesnt do anything to solve the problem. Tell stories, be funny, just spit dope lyrics, but please stop preaching about how hip hop sucks and you're here to save it when really all you said during the song was that it sucks.

"Robot" is a good example of this, the song is cool but a whole album of this content would get boring as fuck anyone else agree?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 1:20 am

Who did robot?

They stole it from Playboy Tre and BOB...unless that is the song you are referring too... now wait you are referring to buckwack and krying krs.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 10:49 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
Rappers, especially newer ones, constantly talking about the "wack state of hip hop" in their songs. Yea its cool to diss the "sucka mc's" and shit but talking about how hip hop is wack and hip hop is dead is getitng fucking played out even if it may be true. Id rather have a rapper bring something original to the table instead of just complaining for 4 minutes about how hip hop is wack and they wish it was 1993.

Hip hop needs a breath of fresh air and talking about how much it sucks doesnt do anything to solve the problem. Tell stories, be funny, just spit dope lyrics, but please stop preaching about how hip hop sucks and you're here to save it when really all you said during the song was that it sucks.

"Robot" is a good example of this, the song is cool but a whole album of this content would get boring as fuck anyone else agree?

Slang your sick of hearing it because this is YOUR group of emcees man, this is the hip-hop your growing up with and if I was growing up with this hip-hop I'd probably be sick of hearing it too, the heads who my generation is familar with are just laughing at this newer version of hip-hop man because we know how it's supposed to sound...we remember when hip-hop was truly the most respected and looked at artform of music, even Michael Jackson incorporated some hip-hop into his music and Prince too, shit Prince was even rapping himself on a track "U Sexy Mothafucka", and these two dudes were the masters of innovation and they couldn't even deny hip-hop's power man....

Big-ups to Krs and Buckshot for that song and also Jay for DOA.....it's time to make some changes in the game and inspire these new emcees that the way they're doing it is not necessarily the right way...

Last edited by D.Powell on Mon 13 Jul 2009, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 10:53 am

^ lol i know what hip hop is supposed to sound like im just saying the older artists need to make it sound right in an original way rather than just complain about it
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 4:08 pm

I agree, this is an annoyance for me too, because it seems like wasted time and energy. Whining doesn't change shit anyway, it just makes you sound bitter and out of touch. And really you end up preaching to the choir, because you'll be tuned out by most other people who don't agree. Seems to me it makes more sense to make inspired music, that has a much better chance of inspiring someone else to do the same. Put the energy into making good music, storytelling, creative shit, and relatable topics, not complaining about there not being enough good music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 5:16 pm

I agree with Powell, the state of hip-hop does suck overall and it's because the people that support and love REAL hip hop aren't going out to buy the records of the artists they love. I'm not saying everyone is like that, but the majority of today's hip-hop nation is.

The pop-boppers who like artists like Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy, Souljah Boy, and the like are going out to buy CD's. Whereas the Nas, Immortal Technique, Roots, Q-Tip, and Ghostface fans aren't, hence they aren't getting as much airplay.

So I don't blame artists who are talking about how shitty hip-hop is nowadays. 20 years ago, half the guys on the radio now would have never gotten a record deal, let alone be on top of the game. We as real hip-hop fans need to support our favorite artists and drown this wack shit out, it's the only way this trend is going to be reversed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 10:08 pm

I am sitting on the fence on this issue. Yes, mainstream hip hop has definitely took a downturn right now, but complaining about the situation doesn't do anything. The offending artists need to step up and take the ball back instead of creating one album, and saying that hip hop is back. Why don't they take these young artists under their wings in hopes to influence them?? That right there could help the industry a lot. Who knows, maybe the young artist might pick up a real old school hip hop record and actually like it. They might even learn something.

THAT"S what's wrong with everybody. They'd rather complain, piss and moan about how (insert current situation here) is not how it used to be. They won't step up and instill those so called "values" into the youth. Until they step up and do that, then the cycle continues to repeat itself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 10:10 pm

Im fuckin sick of..... so called rap fans bitching about hip hop being dead. Just as bad as the rappers doing it. Quit complaining if your not even willing to go out and buy the good hip hop records.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 1:33 am

Cory wrote:
Im fuckin sick of..... so called rap fans bitching about hip hop being dead. Just as bad as the rappers doing it. Quit complaining if your not even willing to go out and buy the good hip hop records.

true dat
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 9:39 am

Right here on this hip-hop forum the younger heads don't fuckin listen..lol

do you guys honestly believe that some of these younger hip-hop heads like a Jeezy is really going to listen to Rakim tell him to switch it up a little bit, become more creative, really concentrate on writing better lyrics??

do you guys really believe that??? just relate it to all the stubborness on this forum...THE SHIT AIN'T HAPPENING!

so you can forget the mentor program in hip-hop because that's not happening...these younger cats actually believe they are FIRE...they believe they are better than before, they believe they are more original, they believe they write better lyrics, they believe the beats sounds better.

I mean nobody wants to be told their WACK..right?? and if they are then their defenses will come up ASAP...kinda like when I say to members of this forum that the shit they listen too is wack and can't compare to how it was...their defenses come up ASAP...don't you think the actual artists who created the music will feel the same way???

I believe that shit will NEVER get "right" in hip-hop ever again and I'll just keep my joints "old" school with the few things from the "new" school that I like....I still buy a whole bunch of new hip-hop so I haven't given completely up on it, but I don't see another "golden age" ever happening again and for that reason I thank God everyday for allowing me to have been able to witness the music when it was at it's peak.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 10:12 am

Word!

But sometimes I see the glass as half full also because this bubble gum ish is not really selling. The internet has killed rap sales for fly by night artist and these true artist are selling consistantly due to having loyal fanbases. Whenever the media catches on and start going back to the grass roots and taking chances on different artist with different messages I think we will have a good run again. Also people need to get back to their regional sound and drop this using the same producers and guest over and over.

Chubb Rock said on his album The Winner Is..that "if hip hop dies New York it's your fault".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 1:02 pm

Powell i agree with you but it doesnt help when we have legends co signing this dudes. I used to tell people my age the new shit out is wack, then i would name some "old" dudes i thought where dope and talk about how it used to be about lyrics. The you read the "old" rappers interviews and there talking about how these new wack rappers are the truth and the future and that they like what they are doing. Sure not all old school rappers have said shit like this but when your out there saying how it was so much better back in the day, then this old school rappers come on a co sign some of these new guys it doesnt really help the case your trying to make.

I also hate how Jay can get away with DOA when hes the dude who co signed Kanye and artist that did a whole albums auto tune. Hes cool with Lil Wayne and said his album was amazing yet its one of the big reasons auto tune is cool. He said T Pain is talented and he really help the auto tune shit pop off. IMO if hes gonna make tracks like this he needs to come out in an interview saying to those dudes that shit they where doing was wack and he needs to name names or else i dont buy into his new gimmick. Yes big rappers need to make a stand against it, they just need to be dudes who where not rollin with it a year ago. The songs dope, i like the beat a lot and shit. He just needs to step up
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 1:33 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Chubb Rock said on his album The Winner Is..that "if hip hop dies New York it's your fault".

Not sure what that is supposed to mean. No way NY is responsible for hip hop dying in places like, say, Compton or New Orleans, but who knows. I don't know, I think looking to assign blame or point fingers is part of the problem.

Anyway, co-Sign Powell to the fullest.

I've reached a point where I stick to my guns and stay with what I know. I know what I think is dope. I go with that. I still buy tons of rap music, but I won't be told what to like or dictated to by these artists. The very creation of the term "hater" was installed so that you couldn't say shit was wack without being railed against. It's easier to dismiss someone that thinks something is wack now. It's to a point now where you're a hater simply for not listening to something popular. It's sad, really...

"I believe that shit will NEVER get "right" in hip-hop ever again and I'll just keep my joints "old" school with the few things from the "new" school that I like....I still buy a whole bunch of new hip-hop so I haven't given completely up on it, but I don't see another "golden age" ever happening again and for that reason I thank God everyday for allowing me to have been able to witness the music when it was at it's peak....."

That's pretty much my take on it as well...

Fact is, shit won't change. Older artists can't change it. Younger artists won't change it. At the end of the day, if you have an issue with the state of rap (hip hop is in fine shape, mind you), cut a record and say something or shut up and do nothing. Kris and Buck obviously chose the former. Think about it. Why wouldn't they say something is wack if it is? And what's wrong with that? I haven't heard the Buck & KRS album, but I'm fairly certain that the entire album is about that topic.

If it were anyone other than KRS, I don't think anyone would care. Everyone loved "Nostalgia" from Masta Ace...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 1:39 pm

Cory wrote:
Powell i agree with you but it doesnt help when we have legends co signing this dudes.

I hear you, but you gotta figure these cats are gettin' paid or have been down with these cats for years.

Kayslay been around for decades, but he endorses rappers that I think are wack. *cough* Papoose*cough*

Jay-Z -- a rapper I don't think is that great -- came out endorsing rappers that have yet to be anything above average from the start (Memph Bleek, Ye, Beans, Gunz, Amil, and so on...)

Even Buckshot has put on rappers that I have zero interest in (Kidz In The Hall, for example).

You have to figure they are either gaining something (money?) or putting on fam. I would take that with a grain of salt and not read too much into it. Stick with cats that you feel have solid track records. That's what I do. If Soulja Boy came out tomorrow endorsing a rapper, you wouldn't put too much stock in it, right? It's no different for rappers of the past either...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 2:13 pm

these are all great points and like Powell there are maybe, MAYBE 20 rappers i have checked for that have come out post-2000, i stick with what i like and usually dont even care to give new rappers a chance unless a lot of people are giving em buzz

But, if the legends just attacked the new cats no one will listen and the younger kids and artists will just call them irrelevant like Soulja Boy did to Ice-T, and others have done to Rakim.
The legends need to focus more on making good music, if they go through a whole song stating 15 times that what theyre doing is real hip hop thats great but is there really substance to the song besides him saying that its how rap is supposed to sound?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 2:38 pm

"these younger cats actually believe they are FIRE...they believe they are better than before, they believe they are more original, they believe they write better lyrics, they believe the beats sounds better."

The Game doesn't...lol

"If it were anyone other than KRS, I don't think anyone would care. Everyone loved "Nostalgia" from Masta Ace..."

My brother bumps that song non-stop. As do I
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 2:39 pm

^ I love Nostalgia but thats different than preaching that your song is real hip hop and saying nothing else of substance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 3:19 pm

Hip Hop culture is alive in well but the rapping aspect of it has lost course due to an over stock of same subject rappers. Some old rappers are hesitant to diss new school rappers due to politics i'm sure.

As far as what Cory is saying about Jay I see why you would feel like that but Jay is really talking to the people who are abusing autotune and hiding the flaws in thier talent by leaning on it. We all know Kayne is an artist and one of the best so he felt like doing a album with that sound (that I still think sucks) but I think he is finish with that phase. T Pain was the first to bring the auto tune back as the focal point of his craft so he found an original lane to drive in. But Jay is spitting at these clones who are just doing it cause it's hot. He even took a shot at Wayne on the song DOA if you listen close.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 3:34 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Hip Hop culture is alive in well but the rapping aspect of it has lost course due to an over stock of same subject rappers. Some old rappers are hesitant to diss new school rappers due to politics i'm sure.

As far as what Cory is saying about Jay I see why you would feel like that but Jay is really talking to the people who are abusing autotune and hiding the flaws in thier talent by leaning on it. We all know Kayne is an artist and one of the best so he felt like doing a album with that sound (that I still think sucks) but I think he is finish with that phase. T Pain was the first to bring the auto tune back as the focal point of his craft so he found an original lane to drive in. But Jay is spitting at these clones who are just doing it cause it's hot. He even took a shot at Wayne on the song DOA if you listen close.

I also feel like Jay came with that song at a bad time. Imagine if that track would have came out 2 years ago, hell even last year. Right now auto tune it still going but a year ago is was on every song. I think Jay waited to long. If Jay is going to do songs like that he really needs to stand by it in all his business. Anyone can say fuck auto tune, its gonna take a real dude to stick to it. The only good thing about Jay doing a song like this is at least it well be heard by a large audience
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 3:44 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Right here on this hip-hop forum the younger heads don't fuckin listen..lol

do you guys honestly believe that some of these younger hip-hop heads like a Jeezy is really going to listen to Rakim tell him to switch it up a little bit, become more creative, really concentrate on writing better lyrics??

do you guys really believe that??? just relate it to all the stubborness on this forum...THE SHIT AIN'T HAPPENING!

so you can forget the mentor program in hip-hop because that's not happening...these younger cats actually believe they are FIRE...they believe they are better than before, they believe they are more original, they believe they write better lyrics, they believe the beats sounds better.

I mean nobody wants to be told their WACK..right?? and if they are then their defenses will come up ASAP...kinda like when I say to members of this forum that the shit they listen too is wack and can't compare to how it was...their defenses come up ASAP...don't you think the actual artists who created the music will feel the same way???

Most of this is pretty much what Slang was saying in the first place, so I don't know who you think was disagreeing with you. I think he was saying that they won't listen to these rappers complaining that they're wack, or not lyrical enough, so people should stop focusing on all this complaining, and get back to just making good Hip-Hop.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 3:54 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

Sure it gets old when cats complain about the state of hip-hop at nausea, so why listen to rappers that complain about the state of hip-hop at nausea?

I mean, there are millions of different kinds of rappers around the world and they cover a ridiculous spectrum of topics. So I don't really see what the problem is. Mathematically, there are far more covered topics than there ever was in the golden age.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 4:44 pm

Alan wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Sure it gets old when cats complain about the state of hip-hop at nausea, so why listen to rappers that complain about the state of hip-hop at nausea?

I mean, there are millions of different kinds of rappers around the world and they cover a ridiculous spectrum of topics. So I don't really see what the problem is. Mathematically, there are far more covered topics than there ever was in the golden age.

ad nauseum
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 4:50 pm

I definitely don't agree that they're are more topics covered today in hip-hop than they were in the golden age...I think thats part of the reason why hip-hop is so much more boring now then it was back then, not enough interesting topics are covered now...

Jason I was saying that the younger generation is too stubborn to change, as far as making good music I think heads like Kris and Masta Ace for example are doing just that...Grand Puba's new joint is legit....Mobb's unauthorized joint is tight, so it's happening man, they are making good music, but even they aren't as good as they were in their primes....these younger cats who are in their so-called primes are striking out man...their batting .170 in their primes and thats a damn shame...instead of being Ken Griffey their being Rey Ordonez...lol

they need to step up their games man...plain and simple but like I already said it's all good...I've got plenty of great hip-hop too listen thanks to my dudes...I'm set baby bubba..lol
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 5:10 pm

There are definitely more topics covered now, if we're talking about as a whole, I don't know how that can even be disputed. What topics were there then that aren't approached now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 5:13 pm

KRob86 wrote:

wow kev, two things, one, you make so many excuses for kanye its not even funny. anybody else that acted like that or made an album like that you would disown.

and two, kanye isnt one of the best in anything at all, not even close
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 5:14 pm

D.Powell wrote:
I definitely don't agree that they're are more topics covered today in hip-hop than they were in the golden age

Powell, would you agree that there are millions more rappers and producers in hip-hop today than there were 1986-1992? I mean, mathematically, you know it's true. Add influence and individuality in the writing of those topics, and you obviously have far more dispositions and takes on life in the bunch nowadays as opposed to the golden age. But I often noticed that you give later generations a lower level of respect as well. So I don't expect you to agree. I mean, for you not to agree, you'd have to say that every generation after yours' has gotten dumber and dumber and dumber. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if you think that's true, lol. So if that's the case...

Quote :
I've got plenty of great hip-hop too listen thanks to my dudes...I'm set golden ager..lol
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 5:14 pm

Jason wrote:
There are definitely more topics covered now, if we're talking about as a whole, I don't know how that can even be disputed.

bullseye
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 5:18 pm

Alan wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
I definitely don't agree that they're are more topics covered today in hip-hop than they were in the golden age

Powell, would you agree that there are millions more rappers and producers in hip-hop today than there were 1986-1992? I mean, mathematically, you know it's true. Add influence and individuality in the writing of those topics, and you obviously have far more dispositions and takes on life in the bunch nowadays as opposed to the golden age. But I often noticed that you give later generations a lower level of respect as well. So I don't expect you to agree. I mean, for you not to agree, you'd have to say that every generation after yours' has gotten dumber and dumber and dumber. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if you think that's true, lol. So if that's the case...

Quote :
I've got plenty of great hip-hop too listen thanks to my dudes...I'm set golden ager..lol

Exactly. Hip-Hop is more international now, and even within the US, you have much more of a presence in various parts of the country, and in various walks of life, different backgrounds. So many more rappers, from more backgrounds, how could they not be covering more topics?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 5:34 pm

i know i mentioned the legends earlier but what i was also getting at is the lack of innovation in the game among the younger cats....theres a lot of YOUNG/NEW mc's that claim to be real hip hop but are only saying that in their songs, the legends have a right to speak on it to an extent but the new mc's are the problem. There not trying to be original, they are just trying to say that everything now is wack but IMO dont prove there worth listening to either

SO not only is the mainstream shitty right now but the new UNDERGROUND artists coming out in recent years are also for the most part shity
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 5:42 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
i know i mentioned the legends earlier but what i was also getting at is the lack of innovation in the game among the younger cats....theres a lot of YOUNG/NEW mc's that claim to be real hip hop but are only saying that in their songs, the legends have a right to speak on it to an extent but the new mc's are the problem. There not trying to be original, they are just trying to say that everything now is wack but IMO dont prove there worth listening to either

Well this happens with every genre that outlasts it's core generation. It gets over saturated with forthcoming generations until more acts eventually play niche music to a niche audience. We will never see universal love in the mainstream again. And that's basically what you're talking about (mainstream perception), because you know as well as I that you can find those outlets of interesting personalities and music if you look for them. You will literally never reach the bottom of the barrel. Also, I'm not saying the newer generation is better (probably what Powell is thinking right now...lol), only that there are far more topics covered in hip-hop nowadays. Again, not sure how that could even be disputed without extremely heavy bias.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:02 pm

D.Powell wrote:

Co-Sign! Most of the rappers today only talk about money, cars, cribs, and hoes. You don't hear people like Public Enemy and KRS-One on the radio anymore, and that's sad. The few mainstream MC's who do keep it real don't get the airplay they deserve. You might hear more "real" topics discussed in the underground circuit, but you really have to dig in the crates for it whereas back then versatile MC's always shined.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:04 pm

I don't think Alan's point was about just mainstream rappers, he was talking about overall.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:07 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Co-Sign! Most of the rappers today only talk about money, cars, cribs, and hoes. You don't hear people like Public Enemy and KRS-One on the radio anymore, and that's sad. The few mainstream MC's who do keep it real don't get the airplay they deserve. You might hear more "real" topics discussed in the underground circuit, but you really have to dig in the crates for it whereas back then versatile MC's always shined.

LMAO!!! Don't bypass the actual point, KJ. lol

And Slang was never talking about mainstream hip-hop to begin with. He was talking about underground hip-hop because of the way he described their lyrics to be complaints about the culture. So he's talking about a niche sub-group to begin with...not mainstream hip-hop.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:14 pm

Alan just because there are more emcees in numbers does NOT mean there is more diverse subject matter...now that sounds utterly ridiculous man and I know damn well your smarter than that...

Let's everybody stop equating the amount of emcees with the amount of subject matters or even good music for that matter....probably for all the emcees rappin I'll bet more than half of them should take a fuckin seat...lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:17 pm

Before everybody thinks that they're weren't emcees in Japan for an example when Run-D.M.C were doing it then your wrong there...

Germany has been a force in hip-hop for years....London, Sweden, The Middle East...hip-hop has been big for a long time now new jacks.....it just doesn't have anywhere near the quality it had before that's what it's missing.....

just kinda addressing even further that stupid notion that more means more in terms of subject matter...lol
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:22 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Alan just because there are more emcees in numbers does NOT mean there is more diverse subject matter...now that sounds utterly ridiculous man and I know damn well your smarter than that...

Let's everybody stop equating the amount of emcees with the amount of subject matters or even good music for that matter....probably for all the emcees rappin I'll bet more than half of them should take a fuckin seat...lol

And I thought you were smarter that this as well Powell....

Think about it. Millions more rappers and producers who have been in "hip-hop school" since they were kids. There were and are plenty of lessons to be learned, and plenty have learned them. And you cannot deny that since there are obviously more rappers and producers on this planet nowadays, that more rappers and producers also come from other countries, with different morals, different upbringings, different classes, etc.. Of course not all rappers and producers are what you would perceive to be good music. Not me either, obviously. But as I originally stated, that was not my point, and I'm not even arguing it.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:28 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Before everybody thinks that they're weren't emcees in Japan for an example when Run-D.M.C were doing it then your wrong there...

Germany has been a force in hip-hop for years....London, Sweden, The Middle East...hip-hop has been big for a long time now new jacks.....it just doesn't have anywhere near the quality it had before that's what it's missing.....

just kinda addressing even further that stupid notion that more means more in terms of subject matter...lol

Not as many rappers. Not by a looooooong shot.

Not only have these younger generations been learning lessons, they have been trying to be original...trying to break the mold...trying to set a trend. Most newer trends you don't like, or understand. So it's obvious your opinion is extremely skewed here. The rappers you and Slang keep complaining about are obviously those you seem to think are wack. That's not even the point here.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:31 pm

Ummm Alan what the FUCK is there too "understand" about this new shit???

Please explain to me the complexity of it all??

Alan what are you really trying to say to me man??

keep shit real and you get respect...keep shit fake and you get dissed...lol

I see nothing that appears to be "rocket science" here but maybe in your eyes there is some secret data being spewed from these emcees mouths...lol

Last edited by D.Powell on Tue 14 Jul 2009, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:33 pm

And all of this unique observation coming from someone's persepective who started listening to this great genre of music when Nelly and Luda and Shyne dropped in 2000....LMAO

I can't wait for your response Pounds??????
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:40 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Ummm Alan what the FUCK is there too "understand" about this new shit???

Please explain to me the complexity of it all??

Alan what are you really trying to say to me man??

keep shit real and you get respect...keep shit fake and you get dissed...lol

I see nothing that appears to be "rocket science" here but maybe in your eyes there is some secret data be spewed from these emcees mouths...lol

There's what you don't understand. The fact that you cannot accept that you will never understand all or even a third of what hip-hop has to offer. I won't either and I accept that. I'm telling you exactly what I already told you, and things you already know. You are biased to old school NYC hip-hop. You like other things, but you don't veer too far from what you know and what newer acts are influenced by golden age hip-hop. AGAIN, I'm not saying anything is better than anything. I'm saying there are more rappers on this planet from different walks of life. And more of those walks of life are put on to record than there were in the golden age.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:42 pm

D.Powell wrote:
And all of this unique observation coming from someone's persepective who started listening to this great genre of music when Nelly and Luda and Shyne dropped in 2000....LMAO

that has nothing to do with it, we have all heard the old school records. i hate that this point is even brought up because it irrelevant
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:42 pm

D.Powell wrote:

This is what I mean when I say you don't show respect to later generations than yours. That's ok. I've learned to accept that and I probably talk to you like you're an old geezer from time to time as well.

BTW, never even heard of Shyne. Don't listen to the others.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:43 pm

Cory wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

that has nothing to do with it, we have all heard the old school records. i hate that this point is even brought up because it irrelevant

Especially because it has nothing to do with the conversation...not even remotely close. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:45 pm

it definitely has something to do with it cory, especially someone like you who has been listening for 3-4 years. you have no idea of the climate when it dropped (age AND diff country) and no sense of history. of course the corvette is better than the model t if compared side by side, but historically no contest.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:46 pm

Cory wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

it's very relevant Cory because although I know you have a bunch of "old" school even you can't speak from my perspective man...I'm sure you'll have to agree with that one and thats really what I'm addressing here...I'm also trying to figure out what is so "complex" about today's hip-hop???

Pounds I am so thankful that at 38 years old I'm considered a "geezer"....that means I was blessed and lucky enough to know this music at it's PEAK....not years after the change to this bullshit now begun but at it's PEAK....I love hip-hop man, so I'm really lucky man
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:46 pm

BTW, just because I started listening to hip-hop in 2000, doesn't mean I didn't listen to music my entire life. Trust me, you learn other things about the music industry in other genres than hip-hop as well. It's really a question of economics & supply and demand IMO.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:48 pm

Steve wrote:
it definitely has something to do with it cory, especially someone like you who has been listening for 3-4 years. you have no idea of the climate when it dropped (age AND diff country) and no sense of history. of course the corvette is better than the model t if compared side by side, but historically no contest.

Again, not even part of the conversation. We weren't even talking about old vs. new.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:50 pm

But powell, this new shit is wack as fuck i cant stand any of the shit the play on the radio or tv. you listen to old school and you can see how much better it is, the content, the beats the lyrics, the fact that it was played on tv and radio.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:50 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Cory wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

it's very relevant Cory because although I know you have a bunch of "old" school even you can't speak from my perspective man...I'm sure you'll have to agree with that one and thats really what I'm addressing here...I'm also trying to figure out what is so "complex" about today's hip-hop???

Pounds I am so thankful that at 38 years old I'm considered a "geezer"....that means I was blessed and lucky enough to know this music at it's PEAK....not years after the change to this bullshit now begun but at it's PEAK....I love hip-hop man, so I'm really lucky man

You talk like an old geezer sometimes.

More off topic nonsense....

"I'm saying there are more rappers on this planet from different walks of life. And more of those walks of life are put on to record than there were in the golden age."

^ My point since the beginning. You're trying to create this old vs. new thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:56 pm

I do think underground wise and most quality new schools mc's are more creative now than back then. That is just a natural part of evolution, the only thing about Hip Hop that has actually regressed and stopped growing is the media outlets and the mainstream "formula".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Im fucking sick of....   Im fucking sick of.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Im fucking sick of....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next