Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done

Go down 
+3
ctrx
SyRuP Sippa
mistadave
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done Empty
PostSubject: Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done   Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done Icon_minitimeTue 29 Nov 2011, 3:36 pm

Anyone heard it yet? I spun it three or four times, that's really bangin. Bronson is an underrated lyricist, I'm just tired of hearing that he sounds like Ghost man. He's got his own identity. I like the way he puts his chef experience in rhymes with multiple food references, guy can rap. Statik Selektah provides some fat ass beats, no filler. 4/5 IMHO.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done   Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done Icon_minitimeTue 29 Nov 2011, 3:43 pm

ghost makes food references too... and he doesn't just sound like voice... he raps in ghost's style half the time too... so he doesn't really have his own identity... but as a ghost clone I dig him and this album was pretty dope.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done   Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done Icon_minitimeTue 29 Nov 2011, 9:59 pm

EATIN CHOCOLATE FROSTING FILET MIGNON WHIPPIN UP THE CREME BRULET WITH THE SAUSAGE GRAVY CHOPPIN CHIVES WITH THE HONEY DIJON COFFEE CAKE WITH THE RICHEST BATTER (any action bronson verse)

for real, album was aight
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done   Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done Icon_minitimeTue 29 Nov 2011, 10:05 pm

ctrx wrote:
EATIN CHOCOLATE FROSTING FILET MIGNON WHIPPIN UP THE CREME BRULET WITH THE SAUSAGE GRAVY CHOPPIN CHIVES WITH THE HONEY DIJON COFFEE CAKE WITH THE RICHEST BATTER (any action bronson verse)

Lol yeah man I listened to Dr. Lecter and I got tired of him real fast... he's good in small doses but over a full-length he does get tiresome/boring/etc. I'll still check this out for the Statik beats at least.
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done   Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 8:21 am

SyRuP Sippa wrote:
ghost makes food references too... and he doesn't just sound like voice... he raps in ghost's style half the time too... so he doesn't really have his own identity... but as a ghost clone I dig him and this album was pretty dope.

That's ok if you're referring to baked ziti and strawberry kiwi, but Ghost raps in a NY slang that's even difficult to comprehend, that's a different style from Action's.
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done   Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 8:21 am

Half wrote:
ctrx wrote:

Lol yeah man I listened to Dr. Lecter and I got tired of him real fast... he's good in small doses but over a full-length he does get tiresome/boring/etc. I'll still check this out for the Statik beats at least.

This is way better than Dr. Lecter, IMHO. Worth listening to.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done   Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done Icon_minitimeSat 26 May 2012, 10:18 pm

Well, I can't believe I slept on this one. I'm listening to this one Spotify right now (3 songs in as of this posting) and I'm feeling this a lot. Now, I will say that although I can clearly tell there's some Ghostface influence regarding his delivery, imo he's not a "Ghost clone". He has his own identity and it shows.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done   Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done Icon_minitimeSat 26 May 2012, 11:27 pm

Wait until you get to The Rainmaker
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done   Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done Icon_minitimeSat 26 May 2012, 11:29 pm

Shaun wrote:
Wait until you get to The Rainmaker

Well Done will be added to the collection.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done   Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done Icon_minitimeSat 26 May 2012, 11:37 pm

Bronson is cool, but to me he sounds like he bit his whole everything from GFK. I can't listen to him too much before I just throw on Supreme Clientele lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done   Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done Icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 4:10 am

I can get down with Bronson. I don't listen to enough Ghost to get sick of the style
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done   Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done Icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2012, 4:12 am

Shaun wrote:
I can get down with Bronson. I don't listen to enough Ghost to get sick of the style

You should though yo lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done   Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done
Page 1 of 1