Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That downloading thing?

Go down 
+3
Deanie O'Banion
Half
Tic706
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

That downloading thing? Empty
PostSubject: That downloading thing?   That downloading thing? Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012, 10:04 pm

I need to be put up on some new game. Its hard out here lately trying to get music for the free.99.

What are some options I have for this. Any suggestions are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: That downloading thing?   That downloading thing? Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012, 10:12 pm

Tic706 wrote:
I need to be put up on some new game. Its hard out here lately trying to get music for the free.99.

I actually haven't downloaded anything recently because of Spotify. I've heard that Mediafire de-listed itself from Google and is really trying not to become the next Megaupload so you can't do the classic "artist name album name mediafire" search anymore.

Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: That downloading thing?   That downloading thing? Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012, 10:27 pm

Half wrote:
Tic706 wrote:

I actually haven't downloaded anything recently because of Spotify. I've heard that Mediafire de-listed itself from Google and is really trying not to become the next Megaupload so you can't do the classic "artist name album name mediafire" search anymore.

Yeah that's killing me.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: That downloading thing?   That downloading thing? Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 12:33 am

It is tougher, and I haven't done much searching lately outside of a few blogspots and such. K. Rob do you try searching using the album title followed by .rar
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That downloading thing?   That downloading thing? Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 10:26 am

Kevin, I've been using Spotify for a few months... worth every penny. I haven't even felt like DL-ing anything since. You can design playlists just like iTunes... and an extra $5 turns your phone into a bottomless music player if you have a smartphone.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: That downloading thing?   That downloading thing? Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 12:28 pm

Deanie O'Banion wrote:
It is tougher, and I haven't done much searching lately outside of a few blogspots and such. K. Rob do you try searching using the album title followed by .rar

I try the rar thing and it works sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: That downloading thing?   That downloading thing? Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 12:29 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Kevin, I've been using Spotify for a few months... worth every penny. I haven't even felt like DL-ing anything since. You can design playlists just like iTunes... and an extra $5 turns your phone into a bottomless music player if you have a smartphone.

I don't listen to music on my CPU often so it would not benefit me really. Most of my listening is ipod and home stereo. I don't have a smartphone.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That downloading thing?   That downloading thing? Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 12:42 pm

Yea most folks I know with kids haven't gotten smartphones yet. Different priorities. With that said, I don't even use my desktop at all since getting an iPhone. I turned off my connection & all that.

Another thing you could do is patch your desktop into your entertainment set up. Then you don't need the CDs or iPod when your home at least.

Just brainstorming, I would say that free downloading is on its way out one way or another. Definitely won't be getting easier any time soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That downloading thing?   That downloading thing? Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 2:25 pm

Mediafire is also deleting everything that gets a single complaint, which is pretty fucking annoying. 4shared is my shit lately.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: That downloading thing?   That downloading thing? Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2012, 11:06 pm

sharebeast
Back to top Go down
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: That downloading thing?   That downloading thing? Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr 2012, 9:08 am

artist+album+blogspot works for me most of the time.

Sometimes I also download from youtube (only rare music that can't be found from elsewhere). There are some sites that will convert those videos to mp3 files.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: That downloading thing?   That downloading thing? Icon_minitimeWed 02 May 2012, 5:54 am

Its tougher and tougher to download.AND THATS A FUCKING GOOD THING!!! Im too the point were Im not fucking with digital music alltogether except for ripping CDs directly to my computer. I haven't downloaded anything in 2012 and I sleep alot better.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: That downloading thing?   That downloading thing? Icon_minitimeWed 02 May 2012, 6:35 am

I was reading an article on the guy that invented Spotify. Basically his entire thought process was that if music is easier to buy than it is to steal, people will buy. Obviously that's not always the case... works for me though.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: That downloading thing?   That downloading thing? Icon_minitimeWed 02 May 2012, 12:43 pm

parker lewis wrote:
I was reading an article on the guy that invented Spotify. Basically his entire thought process was that if music is easier to buy than it is to steal, people will buy. Obviously that's not always the case... works for me though.

I agree with him. If they would drop these digital prices I think they would see more buys. No way in hell should you have to pay the price you would pay for a physical cd for a mp3 version.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: That downloading thing?   That downloading thing? Icon_minitimeWed 02 May 2012, 10:46 pm

K. Rob, You can probably get what you need from Kings site, he use to be on here for a bit, dude from Adelaide.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

That downloading thing?
Page 1 of 1