Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why you hate the south - Reason #1

Go down 
+4
T. Myers
parker lewis
Half
Esco
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Why you hate the south - Reason #1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why you hate the south - Reason #1   Why you hate the south - Reason #1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 9:13 am

"Kev, I've said before that I was listening to this stuff in high school. I've been out of high school for more than 3 years. Mystikal didn't debut 3 years ago. Magic Mike didn't come out 3 years ago either. I'm not sure you took the whole post in, man. I've uploaded Skinny Pimp albums, Tru albums, Willie D albums and so on for a lot of people around here, yet that stuff goes unnoticed somehow. Your post is a bit of an insult. I know y'all are quick to dismiss folks, but come on."

I am NOT saying you do not know anything about slept on southern albums. I am saying that you do not know as much as you think about southern slept on albums because they are not your first choice of style. I pay attention to your recent spins and you rarely have one of these slept on gems you claim to have so many of. I visit your blogspot and guess what not many of these slept on gems but I see plenty of other shit. You are more Tribe Called Quest than Geto Boys and nothing is wrong with that but don't front like you are just so down with both. Were you truly buying all of Rap-A-Lot releases back in the day? How about Suave House? What about Big Tyme? How about Lil Joe records? You telling me you have been down with these movements since the late 80's? I don't believe you, you need more people.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Why you hate the south - Reason #1   Why you hate the south - Reason #1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 5:00 pm

KRob86 wrote:
"Kev, I've said before that I was listening to this stuff in high school. I've been out of high school for more than 3 years. Mystikal didn't debut 3 years ago. Magic Mike didn't come out 3 years ago either. I'm not sure you took the whole post in, man. I've uploaded Skinny Pimp albums, Tru albums, Willie D albums and so on for a lot of people around here, yet that stuff goes unnoticed somehow. Your post is a bit of an insult. I know y'all are quick to dismiss folks, but come on."

I am NOT saying you do not know anything about slept on southern albums. I am saying that you do not know as much as you think about southern slept on albums because they are not your first choice of style. I pay attention to your recent spins and you rarely have one of these slept on gems you claim to have so many of. I visit your blogspot and guess what not many of these slept on gems but I see plenty of other shit. You are more Tribe Called Quest than Geto Boys and nothing is wrong with that but don't front like you are just so down with both. Were you truly buying all of Rap-A-Lot releases back in the day? How about Suave House? What about Big Tyme? How about Lil Joe records? You telling me you have been down with these movements since the late 80's? I don't believe you, you need more people.

Man, what part of "I was listening to this stuff in high school" isn't getting through to you? Anyway...three things...

1) I don't need you to believe me.

2) You won't tell me what I am. How many Geto Boys/Willie D/Bushwick/Scarface albums are you in possession of? I have every last one. As a matter of fact, I uploaded a Willie D album at your request (along with Low Profile and Twinz). Don't sit here and tell me I'm more Tribe than Geto Boys. Again, I don't buy these albums just to say I have them...

3) You based your findings on a blog and last.fm? lol You're so focused on what I don't have that you're missing what I do have. Fine by me. Do what you do.

I have musicd from Three 6 Mafia, DJ Quik, Willie D, Dru Down, Mystikal, Dilated Peoples, Above he Law, Eightball & MJG, Bone Thugs, DFC, Lighter Shade of Brown, Atmosphere, Eazy E, Big Ed, Heiroglyphics, Mac and much more is on my blog. And that's just the non east coast stuff... I'm the only contributor there. They got there somehow. I'll let you piece that together. The name of my game is diversity. What I won't do is limit myself to one style or region. Believe that. It may not be what you like, but it is diverse whether you recognize that or not. I never said I was going put the most obscure albums on my blog, now did I? If it's proof you're looking for, you're going to be looking for a while because you won't get any from me. I'll put whatever I want up there when I feel like putting it there. You want obscurity? Start a blog...

And my spins still have no bearing on whether or not I like the music. Me not spinning something every waking moment doesn't mean I don't like it. It means I like so much more as well. According to that logic, I don't like rap at all because I just finished playing Lit, Dave Matthews Band, A Girl Called Eddy, Lenny Kravitz, Kings of Leon, and Sophie Milman. You're not making sense... lol

Call it trying to be down if you want, but you're only proving my point. I'm trying to explain to you and anyone else that this stuff isn't as obscure as y'all would like to think, but that seems to be going right over your head right now. Facing that would force you to rearrange the stereotypes you hold onto so vigorously. I'd hate to be the one to break the news to ya, but Skinny Pimp and Koopsta have sold units northeast of Tennessee.

Whatever, though. Keep doing what you do...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Why you hate the south - Reason #1   Why you hate the south - Reason #1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 9:04 pm

Nor we will just have to agree to disagree....you still cool wit me man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why you hate the south - Reason #1   Why you hate the south - Reason #1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why you hate the south - Reason #1
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2