Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So is real Hip Hop back ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

So is real Hip Hop back ? Empty
PostSubject: So is real Hip Hop back ?   So is real Hip Hop back ? Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2012, 3:43 pm

Technically real hip hop never left but lets face it hip hop on a social scale will be judged by the faces selling the most records. Back on 2007 the face of rap was horrible. Every rapper had to have a plat chain, rhyme about bitches,money, and clothes to be even remotely visible, But with the emergence of OddFuture, K.Lamar, Hopsin, Danny Brown, Chris Webby hip hop has a different tone. Granted I dont like alot of these rappers like OddFuture but its a step in the right direction away from Dem Franchise Boyz. Right now record companies are seeing "deeper" rap is marketable. Thing is hip hop can only be "saved" by younger new rappers, sorry Rhymefest. South aint dominating no more, rap is up for grabs. There will always be a big market for shitty rappers like 2 Chainz though, cause most rap fans dont like hip hop
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: So is real Hip Hop back ?   So is real Hip Hop back ? Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2012, 12:39 am

Oh my god, man, I almost forgot about garbage like Dem Franchise Boys. What about D4L with "Laffy Taffy"??? LOL. That had to be one of the lowest points in Hip Hop. Like you said, I have never thought that real Hip Hop was gone but the kind of Hip Hop that dominated the spotlight for a while was def some weak ass shit. It does seem as if lately there has been a turn for the better. Younger cats coming out lately seem to be very anti-all-that-bs. That era of dancy ass garbage was a sharp divergence from the era of gangsta rap and it seems like now creativity is brewing again with the self-serve era of rap. True, the internet age makes it possible for every nerd to have his own album or mixtape in rotation but it also makes it possible for real talented cats that may have otherwise been ignored get their music out to the masses. Big labels are dying and I think that may be one of the greatest things to happen to Hip Hop because its putting the control of material back into the hands of the artists.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: So is real Hip Hop back ?   So is real Hip Hop back ? Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2012, 6:01 am

I got a reply?
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: So is real Hip Hop back ?   So is real Hip Hop back ? Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2012, 9:29 am

I co-sign both of you. It does seem like there is a more credible rapper resurgence going on lately.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: So is real Hip Hop back ?   So is real Hip Hop back ? Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012, 2:22 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
I got a reply?

Sorry to disappoint Trotter...were you expecting, "Nobody cares."? lol

This is a good topic but I guess the forum really is dying. I would have expected some arguments here.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: So is real Hip Hop back ?   So is real Hip Hop back ? Icon_minitimeWed 08 Aug 2012, 6:23 pm

This was a good topic. Nobody replied. This is why I set out to find another forum
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: So is real Hip Hop back ?   So is real Hip Hop back ? Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 5:48 pm

Still no replies, lol. I would have thought this would get some juice too.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: So is real Hip Hop back ?   So is real Hip Hop back ? Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 5:53 pm

i think its going in the right direction. I like the fact that crews are coming up more independently and actually focusing on their lyrics and production and each camp is trying to carve their own sound/fanbase.

There are still guys justdropping random mixtapes hoping for a major deal and a pop single, but it doesn't seem to be working since the money just isnt there. Its forcing artists to take a more creative approach. Also, the younger fans are actually starting to care more about a culture rather than just the next hot single. I also have met more young fans beginning to delve into the classics. That said "real hip hop" is not back, but there is definitely more, and better stuff coming out that is getting way more shine now than the same stuff would have gotten say 5-6 years ago

That being said, its not like any more classics are coming out now than 5-6 years ago. Just better hip hop is getting more spotlight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So is real Hip Hop back ?   So is real Hip Hop back ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So is real Hip Hop back ?
Page 1 of 1