Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Common Market - The Winters End EP

Go down 
2 posters

Common Market
3.0-Below
Common Market - The Winters End EP Vote_lcap20%Common Market - The Winters End EP Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Common Market - The Winters End EP Vote_lcap0%Common Market - The Winters End EP Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Common Market - The Winters End EP Vote_lcap0%Common Market - The Winters End EP Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Common Market - The Winters End EP Vote_lcap40%Common Market - The Winters End EP Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Common Market - The Winters End EP Vote_lcap20%Common Market - The Winters End EP Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Common Market - The Winters End EP Empty
PostSubject: Common Market - The Winters End EP   Common Market - The Winters End EP Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 5:56 pm

Gotta say after about 3 spins total of this EP, it's pretty much a let-down in every way. It just never seemed to pick up or gain any sort of momentum or solid structure. All the material was very slow, and I actually prefer RA Scion when he's more energetic. So I wasn't really feeling any of these tunes despite some nice beats from Sabzi (as well as a nice instrumental tacked on the end). But even these Sabzi beats are b-side Sabzi beats. Best (full) cuts were "Brasso" & "Slow Down Moses". Both of which are not what I'd call standout LP material. Add the fact that it's only 5 tracks and 14 minutes long, and you're left with a sub-par release.

My rating: 2.75 stars
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Common Market - The Winters End EP   Common Market - The Winters End EP Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 6:08 pm

Man if only you had type this on amazon I would've created 10 different accounts and pull a Vernon on you and vote no on the "Do you think this post adds to the discussion?" 10 times!!!! Shaking My Head

The only song I didn't dig too much on the EP is "Brasso". The other 4 songs are fire, especially "Escaping Arkham" and the monster that is "The Picture Of My Delorean Gray", Sabzi's masterpiece. 3.75-4 stars for me. Didn't like "Brasso" too much.

Common Market - The Winters End EP 767989
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Common Market - The Winters End EP   Common Market - The Winters End EP Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 6:31 pm

wrote:
Man if only you had type this on amazon I would've created 10 different accounts and pull a Vernon on you and vote no on the "Do you think this post adds to the discussion?" 10 times!!!! Shaking My Head

The only song I didn't dig too much on the EP is "Brasso". The other 4 songs are fire, especially "Escaping Arkham" and the monster that is "The Picture Of My Delorean Gray", Sabzi's masterpiece. 3.75-4 stars for me. Didn't like "Brasso" too much.

LMAO!! No need to take it personally. :roll:

To be honest I didn't like "Brasso" that much either. I really didn't like any of the songs very much for the above reasons. And "The Picture Of My Delorean Gray" is far from a Sabzi masterpiece IMO. It's good but I'm basically tired of it already. The last great Common Market song I've played on repeat pre-dates their last full-length - "Watership Down" from their "Black Patch War". RA Scion is far better when he is rapping like that....he's straight boring on 95% of this EP. 2.75 stars is being generous. You telling me you actually bump this even a fair amount?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Common Market - The Winters End EP   Common Market - The Winters End EP Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 6:40 pm

did you know watership down was a book about animals fleeing from a desolate tyranical society, oddly mirroring our own? food for thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Common Market - The Winters End EP   Common Market - The Winters End EP Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 6:49 pm

Kool John Common Market - The Winters End EP 857452 Common Market - The Winters End EP 992567 Common Market - The Winters End EP 315977 Shaking My Head

Yep, bump this EP quite a bit. I probably bumped "The Picture Of My Delorean Gray" over 100 times already and haven't gotten sick of it yet. "Nouveau Depart", "Escaping Arkham" and "Slow Down Moses" has probably gotten over 50 spins so far. I thought Sabzi really stepped it up a notch on this one. It's a lot different from his other works, it has a more dreary sound (gloomy & sad), but I can dig it.

EDIT: http://rascion.wordpress.com/2008/05/23/lyrics-to-go-part-2-of-7-watership-down/
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Common Market - The Winters End EP   Common Market - The Winters End EP Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 7:09 pm

wrote:
Kool John Common Market - The Winters End EP 857452 Common Market - The Winters End EP 992567 Common Market - The Winters End EP 315977 Shaking My Head

Yep, bump this EP quite a bit. I probably bumped "The Picture Of My Delorean Gray" over 100 times already and haven't gotten sick of it yet. "Nouveau Depart", "Escaping Arkham" and "Slow Down Moses" has probably gotten over 50 spins so far. I thought Sabzi really stepped it up a notch on this one. It's a lot different from his other works, it has a more dreary sound (gloomy & sad), but I can dig it.

EDIT: http://rascion.wordpress.com/2008/05/23/lyrics-to-go-part-2-of-7-watership-down/

50-100 spins????? Wow. Yeah, it is a different sound, and I don't like it. I did not objectively feel it was anywhere near some of Sabzi's best work either....new style or not. I'd skip every track here if it were on an LP. To be honest though, I grew tired of the last Common Market LP as well. Really the only CD I spin from them is their debut. This slow sleepy style does not work for RA in the slightest IMO. For Geologic maybe, but not RA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Common Market - The Winters End EP   Common Market - The Winters End EP Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 7:26 pm

Yeah, I bumped the EP quite a bit. It's only 4 songs though so it's not that hard. lol

Smh @ skipping every track on the EP. Their last LP was dope to me, "Nina Sing", "Winter Takes All" and "Crucible" are among my favorite Common Market songs. I gave that album a solid 4 stars, maybe 4.25 on a good day. I'm a Common Market stan though.

Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Common Market - The Winters End EP   Common Market - The Winters End EP Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 9:39 am

wrote:
Yeah, I bumped the EP quite a bit. It's only 4 songs though so it's not that hard. lol

Smh @ skipping every track on the EP. Their last LP was dope to me, "Nina Sing", "Winter Takes All" and "Crucible" are among my favorite Common Market songs. I gave that album a solid 4 stars, maybe 4.25 on a good day. I'm a Common Market stan though.

Keep shaking your head man. lol

I'd give "Tobacco Road" 3.5 stars overall. It was a nicely crafted album, but it held very little replay value, and had little to no standouts IMO. This EP just followed in it's footsteps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Common Market - The Winters End EP   Common Market - The Winters End EP Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 10:20 am

SMH... that's around the score I gave Tobacco Road when I first got it and it parked a huge discussion cause people disagreed...smh
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Common Market - The Winters End EP   Common Market - The Winters End EP Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 10:41 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
SMH... that's around the score I gave Tobacco Road when I first got it and it parked a huge discussion cause people disagreed...smh

I don't think anyone disagreed with you...lol...maybe Tran...lol

I know I didn't. I made it clear I was disappointed with it when it dropped.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Common Market - The Winters End EP   Common Market - The Winters End EP Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 2:08 pm

Royce's 4 song EP was wayyyyyyyyyyyy better....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Common Market - The Winters End EP   Common Market - The Winters End EP Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 8:55 pm

Damn we really need a "Do you think this post adds to the discussion?" option. This thread would be filled with unhelpful votes. Shaking My Head

Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Common Market - The Winters End EP   Common Market - The Winters End EP Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 9:52 pm

wrote:
Damn we really need a "Do you think this post adds to the discussion?" option. This thread would be filled with unhelpful votes. Shaking My Head

I disagree. I think their are a lot of fans that liked the debut Common Market album and don't like the new stuff. Quit being a fan boy. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Common Market - The Winters End EP   Common Market - The Winters End EP Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 9:58 pm

Common Market - The Winters End EP 132312

EDIT: Those uphelpful votes would've been by me. I would have created multiple accounts just for you, srp, and shone's hating ass. Shaking My Head

206 up Common Market - The Winters End EP 365284
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Common Market - The Winters End EP   Common Market - The Winters End EP Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 10:05 pm

wrote:
Common Market - The Winters End EP 132312

EDIT: Those uphelpful votes would've been by me. I would have created multiple accounts just for you, srp, and shone's hating ass. Shaking My Head

206 up Common Market - The Winters End EP 365284

LMAO!! Get over it. Like you said, you're a "Common Market stan".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Common Market - The Winters End EP   Common Market - The Winters End EP Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 10:16 pm

scuba diving in Yongala]scuba diving in Yongala
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Common Market - The Winters End EP   Common Market - The Winters End EP Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 10:17 pm

wrote:
scuba diving in Yongala]scuba diving in Yongala

Just keep proving my point. lol

Get over it. :farao:
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Common Market - The Winters End EP   Common Market - The Winters End EP Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 2:29 am

What I said stands apparently
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Common Market - The Winters End EP   Common Market - The Winters End EP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Common Market - The Winters End EP
Page 1 of 1