Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"

Go down 
+6
Tic706
Highsmith
KJ Styles
Half
Wayne
ctrx
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Empty
PostSubject: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitimeFri 16 Dec 2011, 4:35 pm

leaked...sounds good not incredible...step back in the right direction though after "Universal Mind Control"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitimeFri 16 Dec 2011, 7:39 pm

Does it come with midol or do you have to buy your own? Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec 2011, 6:28 pm

This album DEFINITELY is a step back in the right direction after UMC (good call ctrx). It's an excellent album, 4 to 4.5 stars on this one, but I'll probably settle with a strong 4 star rating.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec 2011, 7:08 pm

I like it, 3.75 to 4 is that range I guess
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec 2011, 8:23 pm

I'm recieving this as a Christmas present so I'll give y'all my thoughts after I bump it that day.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec 2011, 8:33 pm

Yeah after 1 spin, it's just good to hear Common back on the Be....Finding Forever vibe. Definitely better than UMC and I would say 4-4.25 after 1 spin.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitimeSun 25 Dec 2011, 7:15 pm

I played it twice so far and I really like it. Its front loaded but the 2nd half is not bad just not as good or consistant as those 1st 5-6 trks. Common sounds good but still seems to be trying to find that spark lyrically. Its a step in the right direction like some have said already. The production is easily the star of this album. The beats outshine Common on a few trk imo.

Lyrics- B
Subject Matter- B
Production- B+
Entertainment- B-
Originality- B
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitimeSun 25 Dec 2011, 11:59 pm

I'm diggin this album. I'd say it's his best since Be. I actually think it's better lyricially than Be, although Be arguably had better production. Definitely a Top 10 album of the year. 4-4.25 stars.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 4:55 am

To me this is nothing like Finding Forever. The tone is similar to Be but the beats are a little more raw for the most part, and Common takes back a slightly more aggressive mic presence.

On a few spins this easily takes fourth in his discography. I would say beating out ...Dollar for third is a good possibility.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 10:31 am

I agree that this is similar to Be, in a good way. I personally feel Be is the better album, but TDTB does give it a run for its money. As far as this being possibly better than Can I Borrow A Dollar, you may be right on that one Parker.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 8:01 pm

This is far better than Can I Borrow A Dollar IMO. I'd say this is no worse than his 5th best album, maybe 4th on a good day. But in a discography like Common's that's not a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jan 2012, 6:37 am

Common is definitely back on track. Very solid album, I liked NO.I.D. production he arranged the whole thing very well. The songs with Nas and John Legend seem to be the better ones.
Back to top Go down
mogulfelipe
Woof
Woof

PostSubject: Re: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jan 2012, 9:02 am

Common is one of the best Lyricist in the game and one of the most educating ones as well. I like this album and think he should be given more credit
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012, 1:01 am

Eh, the more I listen the less I like. Don't get me wrong, some of these tracks go hard with that classic Common conscious/aggro balance. But, some of these tracks are straight Draketype candy-ass emo garbage.

All in all my sentiments somehow remain intact. Goes to show just how much I loathe the 3 previous albums.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2012, 1:24 pm

The first track is my favorite
Back to top Go down
MURDERGHOST
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
MURDERGHOST

PostSubject: Re: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012, 7:36 pm

I have not heard it yet... I'll check it out though...
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2012, 1:59 pm

I can't stop playing this album. I reach for it quite often. No ID did a good damn job on the boards and Common sounds right at home. This has moved to top 10 of 2011 for me.
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitimeFri 17 Feb 2012, 5:24 am

Blue Sky is one of my favorite tracks of the year.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012, 12:49 pm

This album has moved up in my Common album rankings also.

Like Water
BE
One Day
The Dreamer
Finding Forever
Resurrection
Electric Circus
UMC
Can I Borrow?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"   Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Common - "The Dreamer, The Believer"
Page 1 of 1