Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!

Go down 
+11
thelundquist
Shaun
Tic706
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
parker lewis
Half
SteveT
Laced With Slang
Wayne
Dang! Trotter
J. Harris
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Nov 2012, 1:32 pm

the album is dope, nowhere near as good as Monkey Barz but close to Jesus Price. A few beats and hooks i dont like, P does his thing. There is something missing on the album I can't quite put my finger on it, it will get spins from me but its not the magnum opus I was kind of hoping for
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Nov 2012, 3:08 pm

I just listened to this on Spotify and this is dope to me. What do you think you're going to get with a Sean P album? I think it's pretty apparent. I would have like to have heard Rock and Random Axe but I don't have any problems with what I heard. Were you expecting classic lyrics? Were you expecting a 5 mic album? ...Purchase coming...
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Nov 2012, 8:24 pm

Highsmith wrote:
I just listened to this on Spotify and this is dope to me. What do you think you're going to get with a Sean P album? I think it's pretty apparent. I would have like to have heard Rock and Random Axe but I don't have any problems with what I heard. Were you expecting classic lyrics? Were you expecting a 5 mic album? ...Purchase coming...

Expecting a 5 star album and/or classic lyrics? Naw, not really, however, I was expecting something better than what we got, and one of the main problems I have with this "album" is that it has the feel and look of an official mixtape.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 8:39 am

Wayne wrote:
Highsmith wrote:

Expecting a 5 star album and/or classic lyrics? Naw, not really, however, I was expecting something better than what we got, and one of the main problems I have with this "album" is that it has the feel and look of an official mixtape.

Co-sign Wayne! I couldn't have said it better. While there are highlights of the album, it feels rushed and thrown together. I don't know what's going on at Duck Down, but I hope more quality releases will come from them, especially Price.

Also, did you all know that Mic Tyson is his highest charting album since Magnum Force with Heltah Skeltah?? LOL! Mic Tyson sold 7,000 copies and ended up #58 on the charts.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 4:55 pm

J. Harris wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Highsmith wrote:

Co-sign Wayne! I couldn't have said it better. While there are highlights of the album, it feels rushed and thrown together. I don't know what's going on at Duck Down, but I hope more quality releases will come from them, especially Price.

Also, did you all know that Mic Tyson is his highest charting album since Magnum Force with Heltah Skeltah?? LOL! Mic Tyson sold 7,000 copies and ended up #58 on the charts.

I feel you. I'm not sure where all of the high praise is coming from for this mixtape (that's exactly what it is imo), and while I respect everyone's opinions, this is far from very good or excellent.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 10:10 am

After spin #2 this is still dope to me. I got the Itunes deluxe edition which has 3 other tracks on there: Haraam, Remember w/Freddie Gibbs and I See. He is rapping the same way he has rapped on any song in the last 2-3 years IMO and on Random Axe. So if you like him on those songs, I don't see why you wouldn't like him here. If you don't like him on those then I can see why you wouldn't like him here. I will say at least 4 stars.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 12:34 pm

Well, Random Axe had better production IMO. As for Mic Tyson, the production is decent with a few beats coming off as bland. Lyrically, I'd say P is not as good as he was on Random Axe or his previous work. While some songs are dope, the dude sounds tired and the project feels rushed. For example, on Pyrex, he says something like "I don't even like you/I don't even wanna fight you/So stay the fuck away from such and such from such....." Seriously P?? I'm sticking with my 3/5 rating.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2012, 12:37 am

Random Axe did absolutely not have better production than this album. I have no idea what is up with you folks... this shit is excellent.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2012, 1:52 am

parker lewis wrote:
Random Axe did absolutely not have better production than this album. I have no idea what is up with you folks... this shit is excellent.

Absolutely cosign! I love this album.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2012, 2:08 am

This ya man Sean, the opposite of a fuckin' Duran Duran song
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2012, 3:11 am

This album is cool. Sean P is cool, but it's 3.5 tops imo... he sounds very uninterested on a lot of it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2012, 1:18 pm

Beats on Mic Tyson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Beats on Random Axe.

That was the most disappointing part of that album, IMO.

And while agree that P is not completely on his A game, this album has super high replay value to me. I have listened to it all the way through every time I have spun it (I think). I gotta get me the itunes deluxe version, that song with Gangsta Gibbs must be dope.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2013, 11:56 pm

Man, I just revisited this on Spotify, and I'll tell you one thing, I may have shortchanged this a little. Not sure what I was expecting when I initially checked it out, but it's pretty good. 4 stars here.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jan 2013, 10:40 pm

this is a dope album like i said before but Random Axe replay value blows this away...I spin Random Axe a decent amount still, this I spin but the Random Axe is better IMO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!   Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sean Price - Mic Tyson Album Cover - One of the Best Album Cover in Hip Hop History IMO!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2