Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Canibus & Keith Murray-In God We Trust

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Canibus & Keith Murray-In God We Trust Empty
PostSubject: Canibus & Keith Murray-In God We Trust   Canibus & Keith Murray-In God We Trust Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 5:52 pm

Anybody do a review on this yet? It seems this album slipped off our radar. Im downloading the album now can't wait to bump this. Do a review tommorrow
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Canibus & Keith Murray-In God We Trust   Canibus & Keith Murray-In God We Trust Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 9:20 pm

https://hiphopforlife.forumotion.com/t2031-the-undergods?highlight=Undergods

EDIT: Actually nevermind that thread was for the EP, so do ya thang.

As for In Gods We Trust, Crush Microphones To Dust, I think it's a weak album personally. Bored me to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Canibus & Keith Murray-In God We Trust   Canibus & Keith Murray-In God We Trust Icon_minitimeWed 19 Sep 2012, 4:54 pm

In Gods We Trust the full album hit all my expectations really. But my expectations weren't high. Not this was a bad album. I have to say its a fun album, like dark twisted humor. The album reminds me of an old-ass PitBull tryna be ferocious when you know its too over-the-hill to have much bite. But I can say I was entertained. The beats were OKAY. Rock With' Us and No Brainer are the highlights here. There really aren't any quotable verses here, the rhyme bordered average to Malachi The nutcracker wack. Like this line "Everybody wanna know if the UnderGods coming with the flow/ Bitch you already know" I'd have to say Kieth Murray fell off lyrically, he's nowhere near the level he was at in 94'. But e was entertaining to listen to on here I give him that. Hell, after hearing him scream and shout nonsensical whims I really do believe this dude is addicted to crack or something. Seriously. Not an insult. Canibus is not as sharp here as he normally is "Ears like Leonard Nemoy" So whats so spectacular bout Nemoy's ears? Spock's ears are fake. Even cameos by Tech9ine and Crooked I were lazy and half-baked.

Overall, a very amusing album. You actually think Canibus can team up with another rapper and make a stellar album? Be thankful its atleast better than that Canibus+Pheonix Orion album Def Con 0. Forreal, Keith Murray did his thang but he needs to fade away into the slums obscurity ounce again.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Canibus & Keith Murray-In God We Trust   Canibus & Keith Murray-In God We Trust Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 9:06 pm

It was pretty good to me. I have it at a 3.75 out of 5. Nothing classic about this but I have listened to this about 4 to 5 times since I bought it last year. I bought it more for Keith Murray and not necessarily Canibus but the combination was better than what I thought it would be.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Canibus & Keith Murray-In God We Trust   Canibus & Keith Murray-In God We Trust Icon_minitimeSat 22 Sep 2012, 6:33 am

I didn't say it was a bad album. I liked it a lot, but, c;mon it did have its moments that just made you shake your head. But I forgot to mention the song Secret Weapon this track was hella-dope. Both Kieth and Bis fucken' did their thang. Keith's verse was on par with the shit he was spittin' in 94'. Keith actually outrapped Bis' here, but they both had incredible verses. Why didn't they have more fire like this ?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Canibus & Keith Murray-In God We Trust   Canibus & Keith Murray-In God We Trust Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 7:31 am

Highsmith wrote:
It was pretty good to me. I have it at a 3.75 out of 5. Nothing classic about this but I have listened to this about 4 to 5 times since I bought it last year. I bought it more for Keith Murray and not necessarily Canibus but the combination was better than what I thought it would be.

Thanks J.Highsmith for the honest review man.....one of the very few on here that I actually trust when it comes to music reviews (gametheory, Pounds, murderghost, J.Harris and a couple others come to mind for honest/good reviews).....I think I'll pick this one up but at a later date....doesn't seem like anything to rush and get right now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canibus & Keith Murray-In God We Trust   Canibus & Keith Murray-In God We Trust Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canibus & Keith Murray-In God We Trust
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: