Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him

Go down 
+4
thelundquist
parker lewis
Dang! Trotter
SteveT
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him Empty
PostSubject: Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him   Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 12:35 am

Gaga and Drake on his debut? Bitch please. Fuck him.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him   Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 6:02 am

Yeah, he's a fucking sell-out crossover sunovabich. Dont even have his hipster homies on the album. He's a dickrider favorite. Shouldve known dude was gonna sell-out after Swimming Pools
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him   Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 9:13 am

Kinda funny how, given enough time, you mofos always come around to what I said at jump...
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him   Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 10:38 am

I was going to ignore this thread, but really Trotter? How was Swiming Pools even a sellout move. The only reason its even getting radio play is because the push Interscope is giving it. It's a standard kendrick song with really no broad appeal outside of the fact that it's getting crammed down pop boppers thoats and some of them are liking it. Unless just talking about alcohol makes one a sell out, I don't hear it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him   Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 1:14 pm

thelundquist wrote:
I was going to ignore this thread, but really Trotter? How was Swiming Pools even a sellout move. The only reason its even getting radio play is because the push Interscope is giving it. It's a standard kendrick song with really no broad appeal outside of the fact that it's getting crammed down pop boppers thoats and some of them are liking it. Unless just talking about alcohol makes one a sell out, I don't hear it.

Swimming Pools was a pretty horrible song. Horrible. Even by commercial standards its horrible. He get his chance at the spotlight and raps about swimming pools full of alcohol.
I can't see Immortal Technique or deadprez doing that. That whole Hipster movement is dudes waiting to crossover.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him   Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 2:07 pm

Gaga is not hip-hop.

Neither is Drake but the money in rap co-signs him so everybody sucks up to him. I'm sure if he hasn't already KRS has made a video saying how great he is and great for rap.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him   Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 2:41 pm

It sounds like a sell out sure, but I'm gonna reserve judgment 'til I actually hear the music. I don't like Lady Gaga and I don't like Drake but that doesn't mean the songs they are on will automatically suck, or that the album as a whole is some mainstream sellout garbage.

As usual some of you guys are "default" voting on an album, except this time it hasn't even dropped yet.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him   Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 3:10 pm

Yeah, I like K.Dot but he is the most overrated rapper of all time. Still don't see whats so damn special about him. Hes not proven. Rappers like Chino and Pharaoh Monch are proven. I can accept commercial fluckery from them.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him   Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 5:08 pm

Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him   Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him Icon_minitimeFri 12 Oct 2012, 4:49 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
thelundquist wrote:

Swimming Pools was a pretty horrible song. Horrible. Even by commercial standards its horrible. He get his chance at the spotlight and raps about swimming pools full of alcohol.
I can't see Immortal Technique or deadprez doing that. That whole Hipster movement is dudes waiting to crossover.

Swimming Pools was not even an attempt at being commercial. The beat wasn't poppy, the raps were semi-complex/inaccessible, and the message of the song was mostly anti-alcohol (if you listened to the lyrics aside from the hook). I've heard it's getting heavy rotation on KBXX here in Houston which is surprising to me because they almost exclusively play Young Money, R&B, and Houston rap (in that order).

And how is Kendrick a hipster?
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him   Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him Icon_minitimeSat 13 Oct 2012, 11:14 pm

thelundquist wrote:
And how is Kendrick a hipster?

Hipster is just what haters call people that they think are cool but can't admit it because it's not cool to admit that you like Hipsters.

Your mind is blown.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him   Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2012, 6:53 am

I pre-ordered the album last week at FYE because he's doing an in store signing...first 300 pre orders gets in...going to that shit later today. $19 for a CD is a little steep, but getting an autograph album in person is worth it. Too bad I have to come back next week to get the actually CD when it drops...I get the insert only tomorrow....SMH.
Back to top Go down
mrmikeoxlong
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
mrmikeoxlong

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him   Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2012, 11:54 am

If you take out the stupid autotuned singing in swimming pool but kept the "(something) drank" it is not at all poppy it sounds like a man talking about the negatives of alcohol and how it affected his life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him   Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuck Kendrick Lamar and anybody down with him
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: