Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions  Empty
PostSubject: MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions    MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 11:45 am

MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions  39630276;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultImage

This may be old news to some, but i just found out about this "release" yesterday. It's only 10 tracks, but none of the tracks would qualify as filler IMO. It's essentially the tracks that Serch had recorded for his second solo album plus 3 tracks from 3rd Bass' brief reunion in 2000. It's a time capsule to what was arguably hip hop's greatest year, and there are plenty of references that date date the album such as the Bills losing the Super Bowl, Billy Ray Cyrus, Monica Seles, and others. It's also Serch at the top of his game. I know it was competitive in 94 in New York, but it still makes me wonder how the folks at Def Jam could have heard these tracks and thought they could not market them. A true waste of what could have been a gem from 1994. Check it out if you haven't done so already. It felt like i had unearthed a hidden treasure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions    MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 12:06 pm

Very interested. Do you know if it's available on CD?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions    MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 12:10 pm

Amazon has it on cd, but it's their CD-R on demand service. The cd was never officially pressed. I just copped mine from iTunes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions    MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 12:36 pm

Thanks man i'm gonna cop the CD-R from Amazon. I hate CD-R but since it was never officially pressed I can be happy with it. Do you own Pete Nice & Daddy Rich "Dust To Dust" album? It's the next best thing after the cactus album IMO, even better than serch. Production from the beatnuts and the debut of Cage Kennylz
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions    MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 12:43 pm

I was tempted to order the CD-R from Amazon, but i have never used their on demand service. I ordered a couple Big Krit mixtapes manfactured on demand using CD-R, and they were the nicest CD-R's i have ever seen. If this Serch is the same way i'll cop it too so let me know when you get your copy. I do own Dust to Dust. It's 4 stars to me, and i actually preferred it to the Serch by a little bit when i first got both, but i prefer the Serch by quite a bit now. The Serch is bordering on classic status to me.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions    MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 12:49 pm

I know who I paid dogg, SerchLight Publishing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions    MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 1:04 pm

ok jay-z
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions    MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 1:08 pm

yeah i need to listen to the serch more. I only have K-Rino - Time Traveler on CD-R from amazon and it is just a cheap one side cover (rap-a-lot reissue style) and a burnt cd with the title printed on it. I wasn't impressed but this one might be better, i'll let you know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions    MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions  Icon_minitimeSat 08 Dec 2012, 1:12 pm

I bought Big Krit's albums from his website and it cost me a fortune. No CD case, just a front cover and a cd in some plastic and an autograph signed in a silver pen that was probably done by his boyfriend. 1 week later it came out on amazon for $9 muthafucka
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions    MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions  Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 6:30 am

Samples sound good. Beats sound like Buckwild or T-Ray did them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions    MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions  Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013, 9:48 am

CD looks real nice T. Myers... i'll throw up some pics if you want... i'm going to order plenty of shit now on the cd-r on demand service........don't know what was happening with the K-Rino, that was years ago though, nothing like this
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions    MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions  Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013, 1:11 pm

Yeah, put up some pics if you don't mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions    MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions  Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jan 2013, 8:47 pm

i tried but it's not working for me

I'll have another go later
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions    MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions  Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jan 2013, 9:34 pm

Still can't do it. Let me know how to post pics from your computer on here or I can email it to you. I know how to do that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions    MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MC Serch-M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions
Page 1 of 1