Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boxcar Sessions sound like shit when youre sober

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Boxcar Sessions sound like shit when youre sober Empty
PostSubject: Boxcar Sessions sound like shit when youre sober   Boxcar Sessions sound like shit when youre sober Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 2:25 pm

Saafir's Boxcar is a pretty underwhelming album. I dont know why but the album is too muddy and not appealling. I mean I should like this album since its properties meets my requirements. I just wish the album had atleast the clarity of 93' til infinity or Casual's Fear Itself. I can't figure out what Saafir is saying through out the album, not cause of complex lyrics but more of the recordings sounding too muffled. The album sorta sounds like your'e hearing it from a closed door even when you got it blasting in your earphones. After giving the album so many tries I gave up on it.

So last night my room mate calls me and says he got some JagerMeifter at the crib so I decided to head home early. Even swallowing some Jag with Ice tea I was still thinking about how much of a disapointment BoxCar Sessions was save for 3 songs. It kinda made sink into minor depression thinking how can a superb artist release a sub par album in 199(4?). But then the alcohol started to hit me and I started to think. I wondered what BCS would sound now with my feet off the ground.
Viola! BCS sounds very dope under these conditions. Its like I could even understand everything he's saying. One may say all albums sound better when you're lifted but this sounds like a completely different album, well I'm reaching there but it sounds like someone took the "compressor" off.

Was Saafir genius enough to created an album solely for the purpose of being high?
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Boxcar Sessions sound like shit when youre sober   Boxcar Sessions sound like shit when youre sober Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 2:35 pm

Jagermeister gets you high?
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Boxcar Sessions sound like shit when youre sober   Boxcar Sessions sound like shit when youre sober Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 3:52 pm

Apparently
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Boxcar Sessions sound like shit when youre sober   Boxcar Sessions sound like shit when youre sober Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 7:10 pm

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trotter, you do realize you post a thread back in the day (like a year or 2 ago) on Amazon talking about what a masterpiece this album was. You had nothing bad to say about it. Too funny man...
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Boxcar Sessions sound like shit when youre sober   Boxcar Sessions sound like shit when youre sober Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 7:41 pm

Alan wrote:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trotter, you do realize you post a thread back in the day (like a year or 2 ago) on Amazon talking about what a masterpiece this album was. You had nothing bad to say about it. Too funny man...

NAW, I couldn't have I haven't heard this album up until recently. Ive slept on it for awhile. Matter of fact I dl the link from Steve's old website when there were links all over the threads. I probably was talking about his single Light Sleeper which was a good song I played alot in 94
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Boxcar Sessions sound like shit when youre sober   Boxcar Sessions sound like shit when youre sober Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 8:57 pm

Oh, alright, maybe I have you confused with someone else...or maybe just that song....very dope song indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boxcar Sessions sound like shit when youre sober   Boxcar Sessions sound like shit when youre sober Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boxcar Sessions sound like shit when youre sober
Page 1 of 1