Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New school throwback?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

New school throwback? Empty
PostSubject: New school throwback?   New school throwback? Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 3:13 am

I can't help but love this song! Simple One from Germany is really doing it!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New school throwback?   New school throwback? Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 3:42 am

Here's another group that's doing it right. They are from detroit:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New school throwback?   New school throwback? Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 5:32 am

Revue.......you should check out Starving Artists Crew "Up Pops The Sac".......it might be something you dig.....they are from detroit as well i think
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: New school throwback?   New school throwback? Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 9:09 am

The Willie Green & Prem Rock album is definitely of a throwback flavor. Check that out on spotify or YouTube. I'd embed it but I'm on my phone...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: New school throwback?   New school throwback? Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 7:54 pm

I like the dude from Germany...he was cool but those cats from Detroit are doing it real nice...I like both the production and lyrics right there....DOPE!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New school throwback?   New school throwback? Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 2:04 am

Here's another artist by the name of Malevolent MC. This one is called Hagakure:
https://soundcloud.com/malevmc/hagakure

This one is called Harbinger:

https://soundcloud.com/malevmc/harbinger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New school throwback?   New school throwback? Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 2:16 am

rez'82 wrote:
Revue.......you should check out Starving Artists Crew "Up Pops The Sac".......it might be something you dig.....they are from detroit as well i think

I checked this out a couple of years ago. I remember not liking it, however I'm finding that I have to revisit albums that I previously didn't like. Usually I'll enjoy them afterward. I'll have to check this out soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New school throwback?   New school throwback? Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 2:28 am

D.Powell wrote:
I like the dude from Germany...he was cool but those cats from Detroit are doing it real nice...I like both the production and lyrics right there....DOPE!

Glad you enjoy these, Powell. I hope this movement keeps going. I work with someone who's 19 years old and he loves the hip hip that sounds like this. He often says he was born in the wrong era. Since then, I've made it my business to expose the youth to this throwback isht, and let the heads like us know that hip hop is not dead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New school throwback?   New school throwback? Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 5:08 am

D.Powell wrote:

That track makes me glow inside, especially where they say "nilla trying to blow we on Nintendo". I wonder how many people will get what they are saying right there!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: New school throwback?   New school throwback? Icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 11:36 am

Clear Soul Forces are very LEGIT man...thanks for the rec on these dudes Ms.Jones...DOPE shit...definitely a movement I will be following up with in 2013!

Old School sounds....new school dudes....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New school throwback?   New school throwback? Icon_minitimeWed 27 Feb 2013, 10:44 pm

I'm hella late replying to this, but Thanks Powell. I'm glad you like it. I just posted a video in the New School thread about another artist who is going for the 90s boom bap sound. The title of the thread is 'New artist (not me)". Check it out.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: New school throwback?   New school throwback? Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2013, 1:44 pm

ive been bumping the Clear Soul Forces too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New school throwback?   New school throwback? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New school throwback?
Page 1 of 1