Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2

Go down 
+2
T. Myers
Justin Linker
6 posters

Top 5, Top 10, or Neither
Top 5
Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Vote_lcap47%Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 9 ]
Top 10
Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Vote_lcap26%Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 5 ]
Neither
Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Vote_lcap26%Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 9:19 am

Common
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 10:51 am

My #3 midwest emcee. I Used To Love H.E.R. is one of the greatest songs ever made. Has a pretty consistant career safe for 2 albums I didn't care for. Common Sense is a hip-hop legend. Yes yes y'all, and it don't stop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 11:56 am

He's number 2 in the Midwest for me
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 1:21 pm

Common is top 10 to me.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 2:28 pm

Top 5.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 3:08 pm

Common is my favorite rapper from the Midwest. Top 5.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 3:47 pm

Not even close for me.

I have a feeling I will hate every Midwest pick. lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 3:48 pm

Alan wrote:
Not even close for me.

I'd hope not cause it would be a crime if Brother Ali is not nominated.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 3:49 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Alan wrote:
Not even close for me.

I'd hope not cause it would be a crime if Brother Ali is not nominated.

Yeah, he'll get my vote. But I think I'll be neithering most of the picks. lol
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 4:22 pm

Not in my top 5, so I voted top 10.

If anyone can be overrated and underrated at the same time, it's this guy...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 4:25 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Not in my top 5, so I voted top 10.

If anyone can be overrated and underrated at the same time, it's this guy...

Please explain
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 4:28 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Please explain

Ok. I think there are at least 5 rappers from the Midwest that are better at rapping than Common Sense.

Better?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 4:29 pm

I think he may have meant the second sentence...

This is why I don't quote someone's entire message with that button
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 4:31 pm

Shaun wrote:
This is why I don't quote someone's entire message with that button

you can edit out what you don't want to quote.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 4:34 pm

It's easier to highlight and copy...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 5:31 pm

Brother Ali will get neithered with the quickness. The rappers nominated here are only ones that finished top 50 from before, unless the rules have changed. I have Andre top 5, but I forgot about the no group thing. He has not done anything as a solo artist to earn the nomination, so he should NOT have been put up here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 5:39 pm

Sometimes I wonder about this forum...3000 was nominated because he is a SKILLED LYRICISTS whether he has solo work or not. The question to ask your self is do you like Andre enough to put him in your top 10 based off all the material you have heard from him. When I do grps later that is when you should use common sense and vote on Outkast as a WHOLE. This is not hard, Terry and Nor seemed confused on the Andre thread also. We are voting on the individuals skills and anything pertaining to said artist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 5:41 pm

well why have a group vote then? whats the point??? if we're gonna nominate andre and big boi, scarface and willie d, prodigy and havoc, etc.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 5:41 pm

Yeah, you guys are tardsssssss
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 5:42 pm

Prodigy, Face, and Willie D all have solo careers, though, so that was irrelevant, stupid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 5:43 pm

fine, bun b and pimp c then. very linmited
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 6:11 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Please explain

Ok. I think there are at least 5 rappers from the Midwest that are better at rapping than Common Sense.

Better?

Ok that's your opinion, but how can someone be overrated AND underrated? That's the part I didn't understand.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 6:12 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Sometimes I wonder about this forum...3000 was nominated because he is a SKILLED LYRICISTS whether he has solo work or not. The question to ask your self is do you like Andre enough to put him in your top 10 based off all the material you have heard from him. When I do grps later that is when you should use common sense and vote on Outkast as a WHOLE. This is not hard, Terry and Nor seemed confused on the Andre thread also. We are voting on the individuals skills and anything pertaining to said artist.

I doubt confused is the right word.

Either way, I didn't vote...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 6:13 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Please explain

Better?

Ok that's your opinion, but how can someone be overrated AND underrated? That's the part I didn't understand.

A person can be overrated AND underrated by having some overrate them AND having a person underrate them.

Better?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 6:19 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Please explain

Better?

A person can be overrated AND underrated by having some overrate them AND having a person underrate them.

Better?

Well that's the case with most MC's especially in this forum. But I feel what you're saying.

I'd say Common has had one of the most consistent careers in the history of the game. Sure, he has a couple nuggets in his catalog, but the dopeness outweighs it IMO. Eminem is the only Midwestern guy I've personally got ranked ahead of him, and even that's a slim margin.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 6:20 pm

Shaun wrote:
Prodigy, Face, and Willie D all have solo careers, though, so that was irrelevant, stupid

So does Havoc...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 6:24 pm

so do andre 300 and big boi, but not enough to merit top 10. damn, yall slower than molasses going uphill today.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 6:26 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Well that's the case with most MC's especially in this forum. But I feel what you're saying.

I'd say Common has had one of the most consistent careers in the history of the game. Sure, he has a couple nuggets in his catalog, but the dopeness outweighs it IMO. Eminem is the only Midwestern guy I've personally got ranked ahead of him, and even that's a slim margin.

If you feel that way, fine. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. I'm simply offering my take on him.

I'm not sure where the misunderstanding comes from. I clearly said "If anyone can be overrated and underrated at the same time, it's this guy..."

That's why I explained the first sentence instead of the second one. I didn't think anyone would miss the "If"...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 6:35 pm

Steve wrote:
so do andre 300 and big boi, but not enough to merit top 10. damn, yall slower than molasses going uphill today.

I was pointing out the fact that Shon left Havoc out when he clearly has solo albums. You know, jokingly ridiculing his omission/error sort of like he does to others for an attempt at ironic humor, Steve. That's why I quoted him

Keep up...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 6:40 pm

we all know if you gotta explain your joke, shit aint funny
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 6:44 pm

"I was pointing out the fact that Shon left Havoc out when he clearly has solo albums. You know, jokingly ridiculing his omission/error sort of like he does to others for an attempt at ironic humor, Steve. That's why I quoted him

Keep up..."

I left Havoc out because the other 3 have bigger solo careers, big enough to be judged on. Plus, Havoc is a producer first, and a rapper second. Bitttttttttttttttch
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 6:57 pm

Steve wrote:
we all know if you gotta explain your joke, shit aint funny

Not even close to the point...

Point is, you missed it.

Keep up...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 6:58 pm

Shaun wrote:
"I was pointing out the fact that Shon left Havoc out when he clearly has solo albums. You know, jokingly ridiculing his omission/error sort of like he does to others for an attempt at ironic humor, Steve. That's why I quoted him

Keep up..."

I left Havoc out because the other 3 have bigger solo careers, big enough to be judged on. Plus, Havoc is a producer first, and a rapper second. Bitttttttttttttttch

lmao

He still has a solo career...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 6:59 pm

hey norf jay-z doesnt work with up and coming producers....keep up.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 6:59 pm

KRob86 wrote:

No one is confused. If Andre is strictly a member of a group(which he is) and we are keeping solo artists and groups separate, it makes no sense to nominate him. I also pointed out that Andre was the greatest lyricist(he is only one man so there sould not be an "s"). Norf and I are not confused. We are just capable at looking at things from a different perspective. Apparently intelligence and education have their drawbacks. I hope that explains it betta.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 7:04 pm

Steve wrote:
hey norf jay-z doesnt work with up and coming producers....keep up.

And that relates how? Ohhhh, that's right. It doesn't.

Having trouble keeping up, huh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 7:05 pm

you're not keeping up about keeping up so try and keep up please

it doesnt bother me, i just think its funny that you think youre in some other typing plane that others cant keep up with your genius level statements
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 7:08 pm

Steve wrote:
you're not keeping up about keeping up so try and keep up please

it doesnt bother me, i just think its funny that you think youre in some other typing plane that others cant keep up with your genius level statements

lol...I said that when?

If anything, it wouldn't be others...just you. Assuming that bullshit was true, of course. You're clearly having trouble keeping up because Jay Z has nothing to do with this thread. That has nothing to do with typing, by the way.

Keep up...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 7:40 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

No one is confused. If Andre is strictly a member of a group(which he is) and we are keeping solo artists and groups separate, it makes no sense to nominate him. I also pointed out that Andre was the greatest lyricist(he is only one man so there sould not be an "s"). Norf and I are not confused. We are just capable at looking at things from a different perspective. Apparently intelligence and education have their drawbacks. I hope that explains it betta.

Well maybe I did not word it elementary enough from the jump....When I said solo rappers I meant like I mentioned individual artist. So that means anyone, that is also why I asked for the list from everyone because these are the people that will be nominated. I did not see anyone list Havoc in their top 10 by the way so I may not list him. Since you and Nor can look at it from a "different perspective" why not look at it from the damn intended perspective?...lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 7:41 pm

By the way Common is top 5 easily for the mid-west and would be top 3 for me maybe.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 7:45 pm

KRob86 wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Well maybe I did not word it elementary enough from the jump....When I said solo rappers I meant like I mentioned individual artist. So that means anyone, that is also why I asked for the list from everyone because these are the people that will be nominated. I did not see anyone list Havoc in their top 10 by the way so I may not list him. Since you and Nor can look at it from a "different perspective" why not look at it from the damn intended perspective?...lol.

smh! That perspective was not defined though. like i said, i will vote for Andre 3000 every chance i get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2   Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Greatest (Midwest) #2
Page 1 of 1