Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KILLmatic

Go down 
+4
parker lewis
Xcel
mrmikeoxlong
T. Myers
8 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

KILLmatic Empty
PostSubject: KILLmatic   KILLmatic Icon_minitimeTue 05 Mar 2013, 1:39 pm

KILLmatic DEMKMCD

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
mrmikeoxlong
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
mrmikeoxlong

KILLmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: KILLmatic   KILLmatic Icon_minitimeTue 05 Mar 2013, 3:08 pm

So far pretty dope, need to give it a full thorough listen at least 2 to 3 times before I can really give my full thoughts. Be back soon.
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

KILLmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: KILLmatic   KILLmatic Icon_minitimeTue 05 Mar 2013, 9:21 pm

Haven't heard the whole album but "Caveman" is pretty damn dope...
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

KILLmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: KILLmatic   KILLmatic Icon_minitimeTue 05 Mar 2013, 10:16 pm

As a huge fan of the Demigodz, I have to say I do not really care for this album.

Mostly I think the production is way over-complicated. Too many samples smashed into hectic drum loops.

I'm just not feeling it. I'm not about to give up on it, though. Maybe it'll click for me.

As of right now I've got it with No Place Like Chrome down at the bottom of the collective Demigodz heap.
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

KILLmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: KILLmatic   KILLmatic Icon_minitimeWed 06 Mar 2013, 6:38 am

This is another great album for early 2013. Lirically Apathy & Celph stand out with their vicious hits and double meanings, beats are on point from beginning to end, a rare achievement in today's music. "Gospel according to..." "Raiders Cap", "Caveman" are my personal favs right about now.
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

KILLmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: KILLmatic   KILLmatic Icon_minitimeWed 06 Mar 2013, 5:50 pm

This album is good/solid but not great in any sense IMO. What I get from it is hard beats with some dope/witty lyricism and that's pretty much it. I'll listen to a couple more times to get a full grasp of it and see if my sentiments change. "Caveman" is easily my favorite track...

Back to top Go down
mrmikeoxlong
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
mrmikeoxlong

KILLmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: KILLmatic   KILLmatic Icon_minitimeThu 14 Mar 2013, 11:18 am

After listening to this for the past week now it's clear to me that this isn't the best the Demigodz can put out, Apathy and Eso are the standouts on this album out of the demigodz crew. As far as beats go for the most part they were on point though there were some that just fell short. Would have liked to hear more of Open Mic on this album and since they got Open Mic was hoping for at least a verse from Rise but what you going to do. I felt Celph didn't go as hard as he normally goes but regardless most of his verses were still entertaining and witty, while Ryu went harder than I've heard him go in along. I liked the majority of Motive's verses but nothing really stuck out to me as a reason for me to look any of his solo stuff. Solid 4/5 still since it's still the Demigodz just nothing really sticks out from their older work.

My favorite songs off the album thus far are: "Dumb High", "DGZ x NGYz", "Raiders Cap" "Tomax & Xamot", "Captain Caveman", "Dead in the Middle"

Songs I felt fell short: "Never Take me out", "Just Can't Quit", "Can't Fool me"

As far as 2013 has gone so far thought this would be my favorite album for at least awhile but Czarface still holds that spot so far.

Last edited by mrmikeoxlong on Mon 18 Mar 2013, 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

KILLmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: KILLmatic   KILLmatic Icon_minitimeThu 14 Mar 2013, 5:01 pm

Cpt.Caveman is the song of the year first and foremost. Everything in that song worked. Very well crafted song with captivating subject matter. With that out the way the album was just average. If your fimiliar with Apathy and Demigodz albums theres nothing new here. Like these songs were sitting on the backburner and they said "Hey, lets put these joints in an LP". The album had no direction or central theme. Look at Czarface. That album stayed on track with a theme and a sound they were going for. Killmatic is a decent album but it had no focus.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

KILLmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: KILLmatic   KILLmatic Icon_minitimeFri 15 Mar 2013, 11:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

KILLmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: KILLmatic   KILLmatic Icon_minitimeTue 26 Mar 2013, 5:10 pm

"re-route the wires to your ATV/ Charles Dutton 4-wheeler"--Ceph Titled.

For those that don't get that line he's making a reference to the movie Surviving The Game. In one scene Mason (played by Ice T) re-routed the wires to the hunter played by Charles Dutton to explode when he turned on the ignition.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

KILLmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: KILLmatic   KILLmatic Icon_minitimeMon 22 Apr 2013, 11:36 pm

i liked this album. I didn't love every track and it wasn't breaking any new ground but its got a lot of heat and is good for working out
Back to top Go down

KILLmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: KILLmatic   KILLmatic Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013, 9:58 am

I'm getting sick of these epic sounding beats like AOTP use and Snowgoons and shit. I guess they make music designed to sound good live because nobody buys shit anymore so they make their cash touring but i'd like them to mellow it out a bit. Some more of those Buckwild beats Celph Titled used on 19NinetyNow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

KILLmatic Empty
PostSubject: Re: KILLmatic   KILLmatic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KILLmatic
Page 1 of 1