Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 Greatest (South) #3

Go down 
+6
SkinnyTheFloridian
Alan
Justin Linker
Norfeest
Jason
T. Myers
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Top 5, Top 10, or Neither
Top 5
Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
Top 10
Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Vote_lcap46%Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
Neither
Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:04 pm

and then we went on to list our groups too. If I'm gonna do groups, i'm not gonna list artists that are strictly from a group. I'm not even trying to start shit. look at my lists from that thread. you will not find Andre on my solo list. you will not find Cee-Lo on my solo list either. When groups are included(which apparently they will be), I equate an individual artist as a solo artist.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:06 pm

^ thats where it gets confusing and it should be striclty for best rappers, period.
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:06 pm

You can vote how you want, of course, but you wanted an explanation of why they were even nominated, hopefully you have one by now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:08 pm

T. Myers wrote:
and then we went on to list our groups too. If I'm gonna do groups, i'm not gonna list artists that are strictly from a group. I'm not even trying to start shit. look at my lists from that thread. you will not find Andre on my solo list. you will not find Cee-Lo on my solo list either. When groups are included(which apparently they will be), I equate an individual artist as a solo artist.

So will I find GZA or Ghostface on your solo list?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:09 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

thats the next thing i was gonna ask lol
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:09 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Why wouldn't you? They have strong solo material.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:10 pm

Jason wrote:
You can vote how you want, of course, but you wanted an explanation of why they were even nominated, hopefully you have one by now.

Well, the explanation given would indicate that this thread is about top 10 mc's and not top 10 solo/individual artists. Which i have said would be ok. For some reason, you want to pretend the premise of the thread was not for solo artists. It seems to be a case of revisionists history. I have my heading now, and i will vote accordingly.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:11 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Use your head next time KJ. it shouldn't be hard to find. it's that lump 3 feet above your ass.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:13 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

thats the next thing i was gonna ask lol

Slang, GZA has how many solo albums? 6? How many albums does Ghost have? now compare that to Cee-lo and Andre's solo output.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:13 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Use your head next time KJ. it shouldn't be hard to find. it's that lump 3 feet above your ass.

Dude, I used to think that you were the most diplomatic person on this forum, but lately you've been a real asshole. I asked a simple question and you came back with an ignorant response, SMH.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:15 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Jason wrote:

Well, the explanation given would indicate that this thread is about top 10 mc's and not top 10 solo/individual artists. Which i have said would be ok. For some reason, you want to pretend the premise of the thread was not for solo artists. It seems to be a case of revisionists history. I have my heading now, and i will vote accordingly.

It's only revisionist if you see individual and solo as meaning the same thing, which I don't.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:16 pm

"T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Dude, I used to think that you were the most diplomatic person on this forum, but lately you've been a real asshole. I asked a simple question and you came back with an ignorant response, SMH."

Well, for the record, it was literally a simple question; one that had a simple answer
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:17 pm

Jason wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Jason wrote:

It's only revisionist if you see individual and solo as meaning the same thing, which I don't.

so, is the concept of these threads considered art? If so, does that leave it open for interpretation?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:17 pm

Voting on the best solo artists still wont get to the question of who the best mc's are from each region, which i think is way more interesting and voteworthy.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:18 pm

Words are always open for interpretation.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:19 pm

Shaun wrote:
"T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Dude, I used to think that you were the most diplomatic person on this forum, but lately you've been a real asshole. I asked a simple question and you came back with an ignorant response, SMH."

Well, for the record, it was literally a simple question; one that had a simple answer

change ur name back, the new spelling is throwin me off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:20 pm

its only new to you new jack Wink
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:22 pm

Steve stole my blackness away, so I had to change my name back
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:22 pm

Steve wrote:
its only new to you new jack Wink
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:23 pm

Jason wrote:
Words are always open for interpretation.

So how can my interpretation be wrong?
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:38 pm

It can be wrong to someone with a different interpretation, or the person who said it can say that's not what they meant.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:40 pm

Top 10.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 8:50 pm

Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 193679

lol j/k...put I can't believe how deep Terry and others have made this. When I do the grp thing it will be later after we finish this. We are doing the best artists/emcees/individuals/etc.. right now. I will word the threads like this for now on...lol.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 11:17 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Dude, I used to think that you were the most diplomatic person on this forum, but lately you've been a real asshole. I asked a simple question and you came back with an ignorant response, SMH.

Yeah, it was kinda dickish. i should have just pointed out why Ghost and GZA were different to me.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009, 10:22 am

KRob86 wrote:
Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 193679

lol j/k...put I can't believe how deep Terry and others have made this. When I do the grp thing it will be later after we finish this. We are doing the best artists/emcees/individuals/etc.. right now. I will word the threads like this for now on...lol.

LMAO!! No kidding.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009, 11:02 am

Jason has turned this into rocket science.

And his last post doesn't make much sense...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009, 11:06 am

Kopasetick wrote:
Jason has turned this into rocket science.

And his last post doesn't make much sense...

Probably because it's not really confusing in the first place. He's explained it 50 times for absolutely no reason. I suppose he should give up if people can't figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009, 11:07 am

Who's confused?

It's an illogical statement that didn't address Terry's question.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009, 11:24 am

Kopasetick wrote:
Who's confused?

Did I say you were confused?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009, 11:40 am

Alan wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:
Who's confused?

No, you didn't. Neither did I...

Again, who's confused?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009, 1:35 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Alan wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:
Who's confused?

No, you didn't. Neither did I...

Again, who's confused?

Terry & Steve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009, 4:33 pm

Okay, stupid fucks. Let's settle this once and for all. We voted to SEPARATE groups and solo artists. So therefore the content is separate? Why? Because it is an entirely different dynamic having to carry an album all by yourself. Dude's like U-God and Inspectah Deck Shine in a group setting, but solo...Same with Andre 3000, and Big Boi. As a group they are one of the greatest of all time, but solo? Not so much. For those of you still too stupid (pounds, jason, krob) there it is in plain English for you.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009, 4:41 pm

Yeah, I didn't think you were confused at all...

Neither is Terry.

lol...
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009, 5:13 pm

Now Kev's too stupid to understand his own idea? Obviously you were interpreting what the vote and this whole process was for a different way, that's fine, but someone isn't stupid because they saw it another way. Kev is the one running it, and that's not how he imagined it, and if you look at the lists people made, a lot of people included Andre 3000 and others, so they didn't see that particular separation either.

I don't think anyone is having trouble understanding why you think they should be separate, but that's just your view.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 11:38 am

Kopasetick wrote:

Neither is Terry.

lol...

Well, Steve & Terry interpreted the instructions wrong, and now they (at least Steve) are fighting to change rules after the game has begun. So I guess that's worse than just being confused, moving on, and participating.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 11:54 am

Alan wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:

Neither is Terry.

lol...

Well, Steve & Terry interpreted the instructions wrong, and now they (at least Steve) are fighting to change rules after the game has begun. So I guess that's worse than just being confused, moving on, and participating.

And you're telling me this because...?

I haven't said anything to you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 4:27 pm

no, we did not interpret the instructions wrong. kevins dumb ass changed them suit himself, and of course your puppy dog ass follows suit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (South) #3   Top 10 Greatest (South) #3 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Greatest (South) #3
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2