Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).  Empty
PostSubject: another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).    another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).  Icon_minitimeMon 22 Apr 2013, 9:52 pm

Random thoughts/observations:

Calling all muslims terrorists and hating them based on their clothes (burkas) and what extremists have done is crazy. Using that logic, Black people should hate all white people because Klansmen were white, and they committed atrocities based on religious beliefs. Therefore, white people look like klansmen, and all of them must be terrorists.

Why are journalists worrying about whether or not Jay Z got presidential clearance to go to Cuba? Don't they have better things to talk about?

When people reminisce about "the good ol days" they are only wishing they were still ignorant.

I wonder if there are mansions in the Christian version of "heaven" and if I get there and end up with my own mansion, who the hell is going to clean all of them rooms, and why is the ideal lifestyle of heaven the same as a rich person on Earth? What the hell would a dead person do with the "riches" they get in heaven? Is there a shopping center up there or something? Does heaven have a "maintenance crew"? Is heaven really a gated community that people have been paying "homeowner's fees" to when they attend church?
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).    another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).  Icon_minitimeMon 22 Apr 2013, 10:55 pm

Revue wrote:

When people reminisce about "the good ol days" they are only wishing they were still ignorant.

That is a great and true and sad statement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).    another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).  Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013, 2:31 am

Old people who say things like. "I don't know what's wrong with this generation of people. Back in my day I used to sell brushes door to door and sew buttons on shirts making ten dollars a month. We didn't have much, but I managed to save up for a house, and put all of my kids through college. People are just lazy.," are extremely out of touch with reality. Back in "their day" a house note was waaaay less than it is today. A person could buy a BRAND NEW house for less than ten grand, and a brand new car for under one thousand dollars. A person could just walk into a job with a second grade education, and end up the executive in marketing, or end up with a very nice retirement package(which was standard for a lot of people). Today, a decent house is an upwards of one hundred thousand dollars, higher education costs quite a bit of money,jobs don't just fall out of the sky, it's cheaper to hire and fire people, and cost of living is waay different than it was in the 1930s.

I want to say, "Well what a GREAT IDEA! I should just follow your example and find a nice job at the bottom of some company (which most likely may not even have a health insurance package), save all of my pennies (assuming there are pennies left) and maybe, just maybe get me one of those one hundred thousand dollar plus 'starter homes (if they even exist)'! Who knows, before I die, I might just find the time to pop out a bunch of kids, and send them all to college, and never ever accrue a single amount of debt! You sir/ma'am are a GENIUS! Where have you been all of my life! "

*for the record, I'm not bitter. I'm doing alright, I just think people who talk like that are so busy feeling themselves that they have no concept of what is really happening. In their mind, every decade is 1930 or (insert any ancient date here).
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).    another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).  Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013, 4:59 am

bring back da ninja loans me say
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).    another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).  Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013, 5:48 am

Seems like prices of things like houses are now based on the wages of 2 people working rather than one, at least where I live. Depending on area, but just a general example a decent enough house you'll need at least $400,000, and that's nothing compared to Sydney.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).    another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).  Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013, 6:51 am

Cold Loungin wrote:
Seems like prices of things like houses are now based on the wages of 2 people working rather than one, at least where I live. Depending on area, but just a general example a decent enough house you'll need at least $400,000, and that's nothing compared to Sydney.

I bet it cost quite a bit to live in Australia in general. I'm certain it cost quite a bit to live in quite a few locations outside of the US. Each so called "developed" country has their own economic situations that come into play when it comes to standard of living based on their currency rate when pegged to the US dollar. It just sucks when old people say stuff like I mentioned before, without taking reality into consideration.

That being said, here's another random thought:

Turning the other cheek is a saying that allows people to do anything they want to you and get away with it because you're supposed to be the better person.. Get The Fuck Out
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).    another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).  Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013, 12:31 pm

Go ahead and hate all white people. They still run shit Ass Licker
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).    another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).  Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013, 3:03 pm

Dr.Seuss cartoons are phenomenal

Mat Groening (creator of the Simpson) sorta bit Dr.Seuss's style, just added his own flavor.

If Dr.Seuss was a rapper he's be GOAT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).    another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).  Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013, 3:55 pm

@ Trotter: Dr Seuss vs Shakesphere- Epic Rap Battles of History: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think Dr Seuss would have beef with Shakesphere if they were rappers.

Phillycheese steak sandwiches are delicious!

No need for insults steve. These are random thoughts and observations. Pimp Slap

When students cheat, it's because grades are valued more than learning the material.

Spring allergies suck.

Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).    another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).  Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013, 4:34 pm

So A. Scott is the negative rep. voter. What a funny person.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).    another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).  Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013, 5:14 pm

people can vote on this site?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).    another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).  Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013, 6:41 pm

More random thoughts:

Taking off your cool is something everyone should do at least once.

Movies with subtitles are the best.

I have yet to find any music site that's better than soundcloud.

Bandcamp is really good for free downloads.

Micro Brew culture is dope.

Houses built in the 1920s are the most elegant.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).    another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).  Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013, 8:41 pm

Please define "taking off your cool"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).    another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).  Icon_minitimeTue 23 Apr 2013, 9:23 pm

Shaun wrote:
Please define "taking off your cool"

It means to drop the act or the facade we all put up. At the risk of sounding "new agey", it means to take some time to embrace all of you, including your dork-side (everybody has one).
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).    another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).  Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013, 3:50 pm

Revue wrote:

I bet it cost quite a bit to live in Australia in general. I'm certain it cost quite a bit to live in quite a few locations outside of the US. Each so called "developed" country has their own economic situations that come into play when it comes to standard of living based on their currency rate when pegged to the US dollar.

Yeah, it does cost a bit, I should compile a list of common "things" and their prices so we can compare them, that will be interesting to see the differences...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).    another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).  Icon_minitimeTue 07 May 2013, 7:55 pm

I find it funny when some of these rappers claim they are killers, but in reality the only thing they've killed is houseplants.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).    another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

another random thoughts thread (stole Trotter's idea).
Page 1 of 1